Hi!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  J.A.Penrose 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Briannajean
    @briannajean

Hello, hi! I’m Brianna and I’m so glad to have found Story Embers. It was recommended to me by a writing friend whom I think might be here, but I don’t know her forum name.

I’m a homeschool mother living in a super rural community. I love writing and teaching and I have a blog at briannasiegrist.com that I occasionally write on. I don’t really consider myself a blogger, because honestly, I don’t read very many other blogs and I hardly ever write on mine! But I have it and I try to update it occasionally because I feel like I should have an online presence.

Anyway, what I really love to write is fiction. My first novel was a NaNoWriMO light-hearted inspirational romance called The Next Chef, which was kind of my trial to see if I could write a whole novel. I put it on Amazon, but honestly I am very new to the whole editing / publishing / marketing process, and I need to reformat it and add a newly edited version. I also have a few novelas I’ve written. One of them is also on Amazon called Noelle. I’ve published a couple devotionals in Upper Room, and I also write poetry for fun.

I really like fairy tales and children’s and young adult things in general. Right now I’m working on a fairy tale romance Novella series. I have finished the first draft of book one, called CinderLouise. I am also very slooooowly editing my way through my second draft of an Epic Fantasy novel (100k wds) about giants, set in the time before Noah. I constantly get new ideas and start new stories and novels and I have been trying to train myself to finish what I started! Not just first draft, but actually editing and perfecting things and getting them publish ready.

When I have time, I read non-fiction and classic novels. My favorite all-time book is Till We Have Faces by CS Lewis, followed by Loving God by Chuck Coleson. Of course, every time I read a new book, I tend to say it’s my favorite. I don’t read a lot of contemporary novels, which is probably one of the biggest downfalls I have as a writer.

I’m excited to be here because honestly, I don’t have a lot of writing friends. Especially fiction writers. I feel like I have joined different groups online before that were writers who were Christian, but didn’t write fiction, or writers who wrote fiction, but none of them were believers. I didn’t feel like either really worked for me.

I would love to be encouraged to pursue more diligently writing and all of its wonderful fun and work. And I would love to encourage others and to make friends. I’m especially looking forward to learning more about editing, prepping for publishing, and maybe marketing! I feel as if my writing has suffered because I have been very closeted with it, and it’s always hard to see your own mistakes and hang ups unless you have good critics around !

Okay, so that’s me. At least, that’s the writing part of me ha! Of course I love the Lord very much. I have been a worship leader for years, and I’m currently our youth group leader. I also teach a ladies Bible study and take a ballet class! I love theater and singing, and last year I had so much fun playing Miss Hannigan in Annie in a Christian production. Oh, I also illustrate books sometimes! Okay, that was a lot. I didn’t even mention our beef cows or my three teenagers. But I think I’ll stop now so this doesn’t get too long.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Briannajean.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@briannajean I noticed that we share the same first name (and spelling!), so I had to pop in to say hello! 😉 I’m glad your friend steered you our way, and I hope that you find our content to be edifying.

Sounds like you lead a busy life and have several fun projects in the works! I’m a homeschool grad, and many others around here come from that background as well. Fantasy and YA are popular genres among our audience too, so you’ll fit right in. 😋

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.com

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@briannajean Hello! Me and my (fictional) writing assistant, Aberdeen (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur 🦖😜), are happy to meet you! 😃

That is amazing that you illustrate books! I recently illustrated a children’s book for Aleigha C. Israel. 😊 What books have you illustrated and what are they about?

Briannajean
    @briannajean

Hi!

Hi @briannastorm It’s always fun to meet another Brianna! 🙂 I am super glad to be here.

@mariposa, hi! I illustrated a book by Natasha Metzler called “Christmas, The whole Story of the God who Loves.” It’s a digitally painted book, but I also do a lot of acrylic painting and… pet portraits! I would love sometime to do my own children’s book but you know, it’s a lot easier to find time to do a project of someone else’s than work on a project of your own.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@briannajean Aw, a Christmas children’s book! 😍😍😍 I adore Christmastime! I’ve recently started dabbling in digital art myself, and acrylic is one of my favorite mediums. 😊 Besides pets, what are your favorite things to paint?

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

Hi @briannajean ! It’s so nice to e-meet you! I’m super happy you found Story Embers and hope it helps you on your writing journey.

I admire you for trying to edit a 100k epic fantasy. I love epic fantasy, but writing it is hard. I can only imagine how editing it must feel like. 😂

Piperbee
    @piperbee

Wow we really do have a lot in common! I also love performance, but it’s been a while. I just recently started sing on my church’s worship team and I am glaringly ignorant of music terms, but I give it my best shot! I don’t have beef cows or teenagers, but I do have three kids under 5. I will survive this stage, right? It sounds like you have a rich, beautiful life! I’m excited to see what your work is like!

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

Eyy! Super excited to meet you @briannajean ! (I too am a super-rural dweller.)

I hope you love Story Embers and that we’ll all be able to be an encouragement to you!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest