fb

Hi,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 600 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@samantha-pen Ben-Hur is one of my favorite books as well!  (The original, unabridged book by Lew Wallace, that is.  Not the new Ben-Hur book that shouldn’t even be called his-fic!)

I like pretty much any era of history.  I have most studied Roman and Jewish history, since I have several books I want to write in those times.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Libby
    @libby

@samantha-pen That’s great!  I learn mostly classical and hymns, too!  And I love to improvise and compose music. 😉  Do you have any favorite composers or hymns?

Neat!  You wrote a novel in so short a time period!  At least for me ;).  I have been working on mine on and off for about a year and I only have the first four to seven chapters done.  And yes!  I love studying the Civil War.  There is so much to glean from it, and two of my favorite generals played major parts in it. (Lee and Jackson)

Autumn is my favorite, too!  I love the leaves, and the colors, and the crisp mornings and the rain.  Deep conversations are rather hard to have, but I love having them all the more.  Wow, that is so cool you have animals!  We only had a dog, but no chickens or goats.  I’ve wanted to own sheep, but life didn’t work out that way. 😉

By the way, I have always dreamed of going ice-skating!  Is it fun?  Do you do it competitively or just for fun?  Unfortunately, due to injury, I am unable to skate til July 2019, but I’m so excited for the first time I will!

Do you play any sports?  Do you have a favorite book?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: hey! I just finished reading your work! nice job! needs some work (I hope I wasn’t overly critical though I probably was XD) but thats normal. sorry I didn’t get to read it till just now! I was on vacation with very limited internet access…

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@ashira
    I love Ben Hur…Yess Definitely the unabridged version. My sister lent it to me after I read Les Miserables(also her book) and loved it. The intro is boring but important. I have studied some Roman but almost no Jewish unfortunately.

@libby
    -Ice skating is awesome!!! Its just a hobby for me but I love it. I’m nowhere good enough to do figure not mention I have hockey skates and I can’t play hockey because I had back surgery for scoliosis and can no longer do “high impact” activities. Favorite Hymns, probably “10000 Reasons” if that counts and I have recently become obsessed with Keith and Kristyn Getty as far as artist go. No, I do not play any sports… 🙁 but I love to kick around a soccer ball with my siblings. Favorite book is probably Les Miserables followed by The Hunger Games series.

@theinconceivable1

Thanks for reading!!! No worries I was gone all weekend. You could not have been too critical I really want to make the book it’s optimal self. I will try to look at it at some point today. Thanks again.

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: welcome!

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1 @eden-anderson @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @ashira @scribbles @rochellaine @libby @wisdomofprose @scarletimmortalized @valtmy @the-fledgling-artist @timothy-gullett @i-david

(I tagged basically everyone I’ve talked to, in case you’re wondering how you ended up in this thread😋)

Hey everybody, I posted something about this before but now that I have an actual appointment set up at our local college ( LMC-Lake Michigan College )I wanted to share this again. Though, it’s not terribly writing related…(I also posted this on the historical fictioneers board so you may be tagged twice.)

For a while, I’ve been interested in teaching Social studies and through a local program, I might be able to begin pursuing my education early next year. And, maybe get almost a whole year of college for free(including books)…

(my previous post on this)”I am hoping to start attending college this spring in pursuit of a degree in education so I can become a middle school social studies teacher. I think it is so important for kids to not only study how our government works but the history behind it. I am really passionate about the subject and I think that rather than shying away from it because of the difficulty we might have in such a job as  Christian we should be a voice for change. These kids are the people who are gonna run our country one day and I think it is so important to teach them this while.”

So… I  finally scheduled my college placement test and meeting with an advisor.
    The same day btw. I’m supposed to go in and take the test at one on the 29th and meet with the advisor after I”m done at 4.
    I’m a little nervous, praying everything goes well and God gives me his direction in this.
    Please keep me in my your thoughts and prayers.
    and please feel free to share your thoughts on this subject. I’m trying to keep an open heart. and most importantly follow where the Lord leads.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@samantha-pen Hey, that is so cool! Praying that God would give you wisdom and direction as you’re facing these important choices. <3  It’s easier to say then to believe but where ever you are supposed to be, and however this is supposed to play out, God is 100% more then able to work out the details.

God bless you Samantha!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@the-fledgling-artist

Thanks, It really means a lot!!! I’m also hoping I do okay on the test. Thank you so much for the encouragement. God is 100% able and in control!!! It’s always amazing to be reminded of that. 💕

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: did any one call for a prayer warrior *hat low he walks, cowboy style, into the room* well you got one. *pulls out a Gatlin gun and he grins a lopsided grin* lets do some pray’n.

(uh,*sill speaking with a drawl*  just so you know I’m gonna be amin’ for dem fear demon’s. That’s what you want me to aim at right?)

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

Well, Thanks!!!! Sure means a lot, Mister…Prayer is worth a lot!!!

So yes that, but also God’s guidance and blessing in this!!!!

BTW. *I love the setting very well done 😁

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: *tips his hat and mozy’s out*

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

*tips hat back*

Thanks again.

Timothy Gullett
    @timothy-gullett

Congratulations @samantha-pen! I hope all goes well!😄

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1 @eden-anderson @selah-chelyah  @seekjustice  @ashira  @scribbles @rochellaine  @libby @wisdomofprose @scarletimmortalized @valtmy @the-fledgling-artist @timothy-gullett @i-david @maddiejay @hgm_barnes18 @kari-karast  @inspirewrite @heather-drabant @kb-writer

First off I want to say thank you so much for all your prayers. I have officially taken the  Accu-Placer test and met with my advisor. I had to redo the essay on the test but it went really well. I actually got to write an essay about the value of books and stories that weren’t “true” basically the value of fiction.As you can imagine I had a hay-day with it. Lot’s and lot’s of fun, though it took me a little. I’m not a great speed writer yet.😉

The college has still not finished signing me up, but I’ve finished everything on my end and should be starting Psych 201 and History 201 next semester. (on January 14th)  I am very excited!!! The college want’s me to choose which college I will want to transfer to once I am done getting associates before or when this semester ends. So if you all would keep praying for God’s guidance for me in this it would mean really a lot.

Thanks again for all your prayers and encouragement! I am so glad I got to know all you a little bit over the last two-ish months, and hope to get to know you better still this year and next year too💕😁

ps. I think I managed to tag everyone but please don’t feel bad If I missed your tag.

Ps.ps I’m sorry I took so long to update you guys. Life was pretty crazy for a while and I’m really glad for the rest I’m getting till next semester starts😉😊

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@samantha-pen

YAY!!!

*throws confetti* 🎉🎉🎉

I am so glad things went well for you!!! I don’t even really know you, but I am so excited for you! 😁

*squishes you with a hedgehug*

Praying for you as you follow this passion God has given you! May he continue to strengthen and bless you in the coming weeks and months! And may his word “be a lamp for your feet and a light for your path.”

🙏

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 600 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest