Hi,

This topic contains 434 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  The Deranged Ninja 20 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 435 total)
  • Author

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@selah-chelyah

That is so cool!!!!! I have not read anything GA Hunty but hope to once I finish my current reading list. My favorite history books… A House Divided-The lives of Rober E Lee and Hiram Ulysses  Grant(did you know that was his full name)  Ben Thompson is a great author. There are ton others I like but I am so bad at keeping track of them or books cause I Get most of my history from the library. How about you???

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

theinconceivable1
      @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: alright well, at the risk of being spamed by a thousand people heres my email: inconceivable37@gmail.com

““Female behavior” can be greatly dramatized at certain ages. Some girls can be emotional and others not so much…” ya I guess thats true… also it can be personality type…

“I’m nice usually!!!” XD

(INTJ) “Murdered by pirates is good!”

Samantha Farrar
      @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

Quoting me… seriously. ;P

Thanks, I hope we can trust the people here. Will try to send it by tonight.

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@samantha-pen, that looks like an amazing book! Have you ever read General Grants Memoirs? (There are two volumes.) Yes, I knew of Grant`s name change… did you know he changed it out of embarrassment (and much teasing when he was younger), over the initials H. U. G.? Haha! Someone accidentally called him Ulysses Simpson one day, though, and he decided to go by that instead. Thus the more typically known “U. S. Grant”… Gotta love the details in history! :_ I will have to find the book you mentioned and read it.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Selah.

~ The only things worth living for are those worth dying for! ~

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@samantha-pen, Could I read it, too? (If not, that is fine!) My email is: needleworksbyselah@gmail.com

Samantha Farrar
        @samantha-pen

@selah-chelyah

Absolutely if you are willing to trudge through it. Yes, I did know about why he changed his name but I’ve never heard the Simpson part before!!! That is awesome. I love your random history facts…

I pasted in a link to the book. No, I have not read Grant’s memoirs but hope to someday.

Eden Anderson
          @eden-anderson

@samantha-pen

YAY! We could be jabber buddies. (Is that even a thing?😀)

I’m the youngest of 8, which can be both fun and…well, to put it kindly, frustrating. Crazy, too. 😜

“I am aspiring to learn every stringed instrument + any woodwinds sometime in the future” *casually reads line…stares…rereads line*

At that moment the only sound in the room was that of my jaw hitting my chest.

OH MY WORD!!! YOU WANT TO LEARN EVERY STRINGED AND WIND INSTRUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤯   That’s so cool! I’ve always admired people who have big dreams…so I wish you the best of luck. I think it’s an awesome goal.😀 YOU GOT THIS!!

Currently I’m don’t know how to play any instruments…unless it’s the kazoo.😛 But in all seriousness, I really, really want to learn the bagpipes. They’re such a sad instrument…I like sad things. (sorry for the random info.)

I saw that you like Civil War history. I love that time period too…basically any time period. 😀 But the Civil War has always fascinated me.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah
          @selah-chelyah

@samantha-pen, thank you! I may not have a chance immediately, but I love reading other`s writing, and critiquing. Grants memoirs are on Gutenburg as well, I think, if you ever have a chance to read hem there. Have any random history facts off the top of your head? Here is another one, for good measure…  🙂

When the Nazi party held its first book burnings, one of the works destroyed was an 1821 play by Heinrich Heine containing the famous phrase “Where they burn books, they will also in the end burn people”.

Samantha Farrar
          @samantha-pen

@eden-anderson

Jabber Buddies… That is totally a thing!!!!

It’s an ambitious dream but I love music so much!!!! It’s long-term definitely. Bagpipes are cool. Kazoo, Amazing!!! Do you like rainy days??? I think they are awesome and the best type of  “melancholy”  thing!!! 8…that is a pretty big family. I understand what you mean, even my younger siblings can be pretty bossy but my whole family is just awesome. The Civil war is awesome and like you said any time period from any place is just awesome to study. But I  have always had a thing for the Civil War.

Samantha Farrar
            @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

@eden-anderson

I sent you guys my story. Can’t wait to hear your feedback. Please let me know when you get so I know I sent it to the write…I mean right email. 😀

Libby
              @libby

@samantha-pen Hi!  A little late to the welcoming party, but wanted to drop in and say welcome!  I’m so glad you’re here!
              I was reading through the comments and noticed that you play the piano?  I play piano, too!  I love music so much, so to meet another music lover makes me happy.  What sort of music do you like to play?  Also, that’s super ambitious to learn all of the string instruments and I admire you for it!  I don’t think I could, if I had the patience. 😉  I’m just about to start violin with my younger sister as teacher, and I’m looking forward to it.

You also said you love history?  So awesome!  I love history, and Civil War is my “specialty”, if I can put it that way, along with the French Revolution.  Your novel sounds intriguing!  How long have you worked on it?

Apart from all that, what do you like to do best?  What are your hobbies and joys in life?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Samantha Farrar
              @samantha-pen

@libby

Thanks so much!!! I love pretty much everything but mostly I learn Classical Music and Improvised hymns. I have a full sized violin to learn on but my older sister who knows how to play moved out and I am so nervous about tuning it. It’s awesome when you can learn stuff from younger siblings.

So how long I have worked on my novel is kind of hard to explain. I started planning at the beginning of last school year and wrote it mostly while I  was at my brother’s for a month last July. I have hardly touched it since then but I am just starting to work on revising it. Isn’t studying the Civil War Awesome. I LOVE IT!!!

Okay so besides like some of my favorite things in life…I love having deep conversations, just hanging out with family, choring for animals(It sounds weird but especially since we live in town I feel so privileged)-We have goats and chickens in the suburbs!!!-, being outside, skating in winter-the season is going to start soon. Currently, I’m enjoying Autumn, My favorite of all seasons!!!

Eden Anderson
                @eden-anderson

@samantha-pen

Hey, I didn’t get your e-mail…where did you get me e-mail address from? It must have been incorrect. 😕

Samantha Farrar
                @samantha-pen

@eden-anderson

Sorry…I don’t have your email address. I meant to tag someone else. If you want to read it, though, I’d be glad to send it your way. Sorry, again that is totally my bad.

What are your weekend plans??? My family is going to Indiana. We are visiting my BF’s family who we have not seen in over a year!! I’m pretty excited!!! : D

Eden Anderson
                  @eden-anderson

@samantha-pen

I thought that might have been the case. I wondered how you got my e-mail…😀 But I answered anyway.

Oh and about rainy days…I’m actually a pluviophile, which means I love all things rain. So, yes…to your question.

And I don’t actually play the Kazoo, that was a total joke. 😛😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 435 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest