Hi,

This topic contains 599 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 600 total)
  • Author

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

I planned to simply say… Hello, My name is Samantha, You are a princess Bride Geek. Prepare to Battle. 😀

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@eden-anderson

I was skimming the introduce yourself section and noticed that you are a pretty new member too. I am also an ENFP and can jabber for ages about almost anything… Try me. Or really don’t because I might actually take you up 😀  There are a total of 13 kids in my family which is absolutely crazy sometimes but so so awesome. I am the 9th kid I think. I have four younger siblings. Do you play any instruments?? I love the piano and I am aspiring to learn every stringed instrument + any woodwinds sometime in the future 😀 Where are you in your family order?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@samantha-pen A his-fic writer!!  That is awesome!

"In a mask, was he?"

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: “very well I challenge you to a battle of wits.”

(INTJ) ”Fear is to imagine a future without God in it.”

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@samantha-pen, welcome to Story Embers! It is always wonderful to have another historical fiction writer. :_ How did you find S.E.? Are any of your other siblings active here as well?

Who are some of your favorite authors? When is your B-day?… I am 17 as well, until 01/01.

~ 'Every Christian is either a missionary or an impostor.' C.H. Spurgeon ~

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@ashira

@selah-chelyah

I am super excited to finally be on here. I am friends With Mackenzie Long who is on the story Embers staff. No none of my other siblings are on here though, my older brother writes and some of my younger siblings are honing their writing skills. What an awesome day to have a birthday!!! I have a Neice and a Nephew with birthdays on the 31st but I don’t know anyone with a birthday on the 1st. My BDay is June 20th. The last day of spring except for on leap years.  My favorite Authors, Hmm… A few are Victor Hugo. Harold Keith. Louise may Allcot is pretty cool especially if you study her. Historical wise I really like Bill O Reily and Ben Thompson. Do you have a favorite historical time period?? I love the Civil war but I’m pretty much a geek about all history.

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

We shall see who wins ; )Have you read the book and watched the movie? They are both awesome. I loved Inigo in both, but the book really highlighted his character. What type of stuff do you write?

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

I’ve only whached the movie (like 10 times XD) as I’ve been told the book is quite boring. however, maybe those people are just plain wrong? Also, ya, I love Inigo too, but my favorite character has got to be Vincini : D. I write quite a few short storys and have attempted a novel (I wrote 48 000 words and uh, burnt out XD) I don’t really have a genre per-say but I know I cant write comedy and dont like writing romance XD oh and horror novels aren’t for me *shivers* though I think I could pull off a thriller, maybe (I think I’m ok at suspense). How about you, what do you write and can I see some of your work!

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

So the whole book is  long, but I read a not short but revised edition and at some points, it was long but it was worth the detail and book form 😀 Vizzini is an awesome character and the battle of wit’s scene is hilarious I could hardly read it in the book cause I was laughing so hard. I write basically historical fiction I dream of writing poetry but let’s say that is still in the working. My rough draft story is about that length but I think will be a little longer after revision. I can show you My short story I did for our fair this year but it’s still in very rough form. I had to make it way shorter than I wanted, so the scene changes are a little Jumpy. It’s called *A Mater of Family-A Western Tale-*

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

Side note…it’s also my first story from a guys perspective. It was really fun to try but I know it needs a little work in that area too.

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: ya sure! I’d love to read it! (also I have the same problem writing from a girls perspective, definitely harder…)

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

Cool, How can I send it? Warning It is pretty rough… if you have any questions please let me know. Do you have any siblings… if so what number are you?? There are 13 kids in my family which is so crazy but awesome. There are eight girls and 5 boys. I am the 9th kid. Anyhow… I do learn a lot about guys perspective having so many brothers but it is still hard to write from. I had one guy friend read the story and that was helpful too but your input would be great… Okay so now I am rambling, sorry…Thanks ahead of time.

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

dont worry, you can never ‘ramble’ when you talking to me! trust me, I’m the king of rambling XD I have two siblings, a younger brother and sister. The sister is still an enigma to me… seriously she’ll be laughing and then crying like ten seconds later! I hope shes an exaggeration of typical female behavior but I’m not sure she is XD. Anyway, most of my written girls are fairly emotional… Man! 12 siblings! thats crazy! I actually find people who come from big families are way nicer than other people so I think big families are actually great! BTW I’ll be sure to point out any ‘girly’ behavior in your guys : D

Do you have google docs? most people just share a link to their doc with commenting privileges. if not, we can figure something else out!

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@samantha-pen, that is great! Yeah, I am definitely an all-around history geek as well… ancient, medieval, Civil War, WWI/II, Modern Era, and everything in between! What are favorite historical books of yours? Have you ever read any of G A Henty`s works?!

BTW, your birthday the year 451: Battle of the Catalaunian Plains, when Roman and Visigoths forces defeat Attila the Hun in north east France. :_

~ 'Every Christian is either a missionary or an impostor.' C.H. Spurgeon ~

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

Yes, I do… but I need your email address. How old is your sister? “Female behavior” can be greatly dramatized at certain ages. Some girls can be emotional and others not so much…Though to be honest girls can seem so random in their emotions to me. It really depends on personality type. Myers Brigg wise I am an ENFP but so is my older brother and in some ways, we are exactly alike. I’m nice 😉 usually!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest