Hi,

This topic contains 599 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 600 total)
  • Author

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@ashira: “The answer is YES.  You have no idea, really.” huh… ok. Um, are you sure because, while granted, I haven’t acted, anything that runs of passion is bound to be harder and of less quality when you lack the passion (as far as I know).

“This is INCONCIEVABLE, my dear fellow!  *screams*  I would hate that, therefore I would be terrible at it!” *laughs* ok, ok, maybe not an accountant but something more reliable!

“Umm…I appreciate what you said, but I dont think Paul’s life was very “quiet” in the way you meant it:” right, well that verse isnt to everyone but is is to most of us (or, at least it was meant for all the members of the Thessalonian church, which, in my interpretation, means its ment to us as well) but Paul was special; he was an apostle! I don’t thing being an apostle involves acting XD so I would be inclined to believe you fit into the ‘church’ catigory XD

Ok, well, apparently I’m not changing your mind on this XD. The way I see it you can always go down but you cant alwase go up. (aka you can go from a doctor to a fast food worker but not vise-versa) so if I were you I would study for a good paying job get a degree (XD) and then if thats horrible then fine, you can go down. But if you start as an acor and discover you dont actually want to be an actor its going to be much harder to become whatever high payign job you want (take our example of doctor for instance). Also, I’m not speeking from a place deviod of experiance here:

both my parents have (well, had) passion jobs. My dad is a photographer/videographer and my mom is a photographer/graphic design artist. Both my parents ‘followed their dreams’ like you and trust me, both of them wished the hidden (or that they had at least finished college) My family is quite poor as a result XD. in my mom’s words “Its great to have dreams, I’m not saying don’t have dreams. You should just have dreams in perspective to a realistic goal…”

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive,

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@theinconceivable1 huh… ok. Um, are you sure because, while granted, I haven’t acted, anything that runs of passion is bound to be harder and of less quality when you lack the passion (as far as I know).  It is like writing.  I like, never get writers block no matter how depressed I am.  When I feel bad, it helps me feel better.  And if I still feel down, I push through it knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel.  (And btw, do you think writing is more reliable than acting?)

I don’t thing being an apostle involves acting  Very good point, XD!

Ok, well, apparently I’m not changing your mind on this XD  Also VERY true!  😀

Thank you for your advise, and your parents advise.  It means a lot you would take the time to argue about this with a stubborn girl.  Still, if I can I still want to go to S&S for a year as a student, to be trained and just see if it is something I really want to do and if it is for me or not.  (FYI, there would be no Princess Bride without actors, XD!)

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@ashira: “It is like writing.  I like, never get writers block no matter how depressed I am. ” REALLY!?! wow, you are a blessed being! Man, if I’m not feeling inspired, its SO much harder for me to write… but then again, maybe that just me XD. “And if I still feel down, I push through it knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel.” I’m glad you’ve learned how to do that! As I’m sure you know, that is an extremely useful skill in life! Congrats!

“(And btw, do you think writing is more reliable than acting?)” *shakes his head vigoresly* no way. It’s so hard to be a succesful author! (but then again its pretty hard to be a successful actor…) hum, ok maybe they’re even. (although, I would 1,000,000,000% prefer writing to acting XD)

“Thank you for your advise, and your parents advise.  It means a lot you would take the time to argue about this with a stubborn girl. ” hehe, thanks for chatting with me about it! (it was fun arguing my points! ; D)

“Still, if I can I still want to go to S&S for a year as a student, to be trained and just see if it is something I really want to do and if it is for me or not.” hey that’s smart! good plan : D!

“FYI, there would be no Princess Bride without actors, XD!” *grins and shakes his head* that is very true XD…

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive,

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1 @ashira

Very interesting topic!!! I may or may not have read the entire conversation post by post. (I get notifications anytime someone says something on this forum XD)

I did wanna say a few things if I may.

Clears throat* A  passion job for one is a really loose and broad description. Doctors and even accountants can be very passionate about their work. I, for example, want to teach, and I’m very passionate about it!! It would not create a huge income for me and yeah there would be a lot of down days. I’ve heard many teachers say their job is one of the most gratifying and hard jobs cause you tend to judge yourselves on the kids’ progress and such.   I also want to write though and I would happily do that for a living if I could but I picked another  job that I’m passionate about and would provide a steady if not huge income and if my writing ever takes off So be it but if it never does I’ll have a steady job and an awesome hobby!! Which if I do say so myself is hugely therapeutic and relaxing. Even when I’m not really “inspired.” and as far as taking a passion job. I hope Pastors Missionaries and so on are at least as passionate as an actor.

The question is not really whether it’s a passion job but can I make a steady income or is this where God called me. As @ashira well stated God can call us to all sorts of things to make a difference and they may not be conventional or common at all!   @ashira also doing something like that for a set amount of time to search it out is a really great idea and something I would highly recommend anyone do no matter their career path. Also James 1:5 which I’ll attach at the bottom. Not to say you lack wisdom but it is so important to always be checking our hearts and seeking God in everything we do every moment.

as far as personality types not saying it really matters but most tests ask the same question a bunch of different ways. I was doing the personality hackers with my mom the other day and it was interesting she how hesitant she got an answer a question when I asked it to her for the third time. I kinda have a theory that they may be testing how truthful you are and if you are truly ready to admit stuff about yourself. Which would tell you a lot about someone’s personality?

@theinconceivable1

back to our personality conversation.

Why J’s annoy me. *Most of the ones I know kinda think they are better than other people and most frustratingly don’t think there is more than one side to stuff.  I had an argument with one of my friends (who I’m 90%  is a J) about if someone should be pulled over every time for driving 1 mile over the speed limit. Now you may see this differently but speed limits you are supposed to drive at but theirs also supposed to be a five-mile variance on either side. Plus speedometers aren’t always perfect or even working.XD (I’m not defending that) and the person could have an emergency. Not to say I don’t like them at all because I get along really well with my INFJ friends and don’t seem to run into those problems. But on the upside, I love how organized they are. My sister in law is an INFJ and her house always looks amazing! And my dad keeps us semi-organized and on time which is something a lot of big families have a lot of trouble with.

Yes, friends are a necessity!!! Actually, I love a challenge and stepping a little out of my comfort zone to start a conversation and make friends is my comfort zone. but I don’t naturally want to go say high to complete strangers like some people. My mom is like that though.  

do I base my identity off of my friends?  I guess probably a little more than I’d like. Though I don’t feel that I’m necessarily like them really. If my parents are upset about for something or I feel like got someone really upset(and they have a right to be) I can get pretty down on myself. But like Ashira said it’s really mostly with the people I’m close too. One of my ENFP friends makes me feel more like myself than anybody else. It’s weird but amazing!!

Ok as far as guys and types that seem shallow not saying their the same. I’ve always loved hanging out with guys and just having them as a friend. I wanted to be friends with more guys when I was little but they didn’t really want me to be in their group in my experience. I  have five brothers though and I’m pretty close to all of them except for I’m not as close to the one that moved out when I was around 8. A lot of girls are disgusted and confused by guys but I guess after living with them my whole life and being who I am I just love the way they are. Though at times I do think it is kinda stupid. Interestingly enough though I was never one of those girls who had crush after crush I just think too logically for that to work and I don’t know I didn’t wanna ruin the awesome friend relationship I had with guys. Most of the ENTP’s I know are guys and I love debating stuff with them and they are usually ready to deep fast which is amazing. Plus most guys I know find it a lot easier to be honest with me and they understand respect better which is super important to me. Also, I love being active and I guys actually like doing a lot more active stuff than a lot of my girlfriends. Plus as a P I love exploring every different perspective and since guys think a little differently it intrigues me…

“Shallow seeming personalities” like you said… Breakthrough the outer layer everyone has something beneath their front. No matter how hard they try and hide it or act like they don’t. I’ve always loved doing that and wanted to do it with everybody especially the really withdrawn people. I wanted to be a psychologist for ages and still wouldn’t mind it if it weren’t for the math I don’t think I could get through, and the years and years of college…

Ok, what you said about INTJ’s was both what I meant and informative.You are actually broadening my INTJ knowledge quite a bit by just talking to me.

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: “A passion job for one is a really loose and broad description. Doctors and even accountants can be very passionate about their work. I, for example, want to teach, and I’m very passionate about it!!” ah, let me clarify: by ‘passion job’ I mean a job in which your performance relies heavily on your mood (for example art, writing, acting ect…) But ya, every job, I suppose, has an element of passion too it but certain jobs are much less dependant upon the individuals mood (for example landscaping or being an accountant.)

“I also want to write though and I would happily do that for a living if I could but I picked another  job that I’m passionate about and would provide a steady if not huge income and if my writing ever takes off So be it but if it never does I’ll have a steady job and an awesome hobby!!” I think that defidenlty a better plan (though being a teacher may not be my first choice for my alternate career…)

“The question is not really whether it’s a passion job but can I make a steady income or is this where God called me.” true, Gods plan is the best plan, but in order for that to happen you have to be ‘called’. And, I’m assuming by called, you mean that you’ve received divine revelation as to what your career should be. The problem is though, I’m pretty sure what most people deem ‘revelation’ is really just their emotions. For instance, @ashira may feel called to be an actress when, in reality, she’s just following her dreams and desires. (hehe, I don’t actually know your situation so don’t take this as my final opinion) So, ya, I agree with you, should a individual receive revelation (or be ‘called’ as you said it) that ya, that calling should supersede logic or experience. However, i just don’t believe individuals get nearly as much revelation as they think they do. Basically, I just think revelation is extremely difficult to discern but feel free to challenge me on that ; D. Whats your thoughts on revelation? Also, if you belive you’ve been called to be a teacher, what did that look like for you? “it is so important to always be checking our hearts and seeking God in everything we do every moment.” ya true… I do need that reminded alot… XD

“Most of the ones I know kinda think they are better than other people” hehe, he… That description may or may not be accurate… (but don’t worry, I’m working on it! XD) ” [they] don’t think there is more than one side to stuff” hum… can’t say I identify with that as much. I usually and quite aware there are at least two sides to any argument (but I’ll still believe my side is superior if thats what you mean…)  “Now you may see this differently but speed limits you are supposed to drive at but theirs also supposed to be a five-mile variance on either side.” as of this point of my life, I have not formed a distint opinion on how much to abide by the speed limit (but I would be inclined to side with you XD). “Not to say I don’t like them at all because I get along really well with my INFJ friends and don’t seem to run into those problems.” Ya, INFJ’s are great! I think they tend to get along with most people…

“Yes, friends are a necessity!!! Actually, I love a challenge and stepping a little out of my comfort zone to start a conversation and make friends is my comfort zone” well we can add that to our list of differences XD “I guess probably a little more than I’d like. Though I don’t feel that I’m necessarily like them really.” *pushes up his taped glasses* interesting… *scribbles on his note book* “I feel like got someone really upset(and they have a right to be) I can get pretty down on myself. But like Ashira said it’s really mostly with the people I’m close too. One of my ENFP friends makes me feel more like myself than anybody else. It’s weird but amazing!!” huh, cool!

“I’ve always loved hanging out with guys and just having them as a friend.” Wow! you have a much more rounded perspective then me XD. But then agian, I have very little experience… At this point in time I have three girl friends my age (please note the space, its very important XD) at least, IRL. However, all of those friendships are quite undeveloped. I have, however, gotten to have some good conversations with two of them… but its still awkward (mostly cuz I make it awkward) XD. However, I don’t have the same problem online interestingly enough (as you can see XD) and I wonder why that is… Perhaps you guys aren’t as scary online XD (also you can’t use your mind reading powers online! It freaky how you can do that… especially F types. Its like girls peer into my soul… *shivers* no thanks!)  Anyway, ya, I need to get a more mature perpective on the oppisite gender… “Interestingly enough though I was never one of those girls who had crush after crush I just think too logically for that to work and I don’t know I didn’t wanna ruin the awesome friend relationship I had with guys.” hum… that doesn’t seem very characteristic of and FP… Are you sure your not a T? “Plus most guys I know find it a lot easier to be honest with me and they understand respect better which is super important to me. Also, I love being active and I guys actually like doing a lot more active stuff than a lot of my girlfriends.” ya I can see that. I think guys are more honest in general ; D.

“I’ve always loved doing that and wanted to do it with everybody especially the really withdrawn people. ” huh, ya I actually kind of get that… (but only recently… I had never done it before the last two months) What kind of people do you find you enjoy ‘cracking’ the most? Like who do you find the most rewarding to get to open up (I have an expected answer but I want to see if you say it ; D) “I wanted to be a psychologist for ages” ok, whats up with this! why does everyone want to be a psychologist!?! I dont get it… I feel like what most people really want to be a sort of counselor rather then a psychologist. But tell me, whats so intriguing about this career? “You are actually broadening my INTJ knowledge quite a bit by just talking to me.” Cool! Same here! (excepth for ENFP’s of corse : D)

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@theinconceivable1

Yes, I do agree that you have to be very careful about whether you’re doing something God wants you to or following your “passion”. But I’m not sure you have to have a divine revelation for God to be guiding you somewhere. Which Proverbs speak too like 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding in all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths. Also Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path f thy feet and let all thy ways be established. Really I think the point is to seek God in everything and he will direct you and you really have to consider why you are doing something or have a conviction. As far as God calling me to teach I’m not really sure if this is where he wants for me to go yet, but I think I should at least study this year. I was really hesitant about the whole thing and then when  I mentioned it to my mom everything just fell in place. So I’m going to do some classes now and go from there. So that’s my thoughts on being called etc… What do you want to do for a living?? and do you feel called to it??

So what you said is probably more true of J’s. Though at times I don’t feel like they look at someone else’s perspective at all because they are already sure theirs is right. I’m glad you agree with me. To clarify though I definitely think you should stay as close to the speed limit as you can.😉 seriously Please don’t speed!!!

You got to start somewhere with friendships. Do you know what types these girls are?? I’ve heard of all the N types INTJ’s have the strongest need for their friends to be other N’s. Oh and as far as conversations being in awkward… I’ve found half of what makes something awkward is you feeling awkward or thinking it’s awkward. And of course being to subconscious which could be more common in certain types. Online you don’t have to look someone in the eye and most people find that (looking someone in the eye) intimidating. Hey as far as mind reading who’s to say we can’t online though yeah it is much harder. F’s don’t really mind read their just more sensitive to your emotion and such.

Ok No, I’m not a T. I just had a few older sisters and even the one directly under me is like that and it kinda disgusted me /drove me nuts and I never quite grew out of that opinion.  Plus my mom thinks I should be like that and whenever someone has a mold for my personality or a way they think my personality should be I kinda push against it without thinking. But it really is what I said before. Oh, and by the way, F’s can think logically too though maybe not as often or in the same way as a T. (I’m not taking sides.) Oh, online is in real life it’s just more disconnected than face to face. There’s more than one way to view this XD

I don’t know that I have a  particular person I like getting to open up the most unless it’s someone harder because I feel like I overcame a bigger challenge.  What did you think I’d say??
    IDK… I’ve always found human behavior extremely interesting. (why did you think I was having this conversation ) Ok yeah so  I did want to do Psychotherapy just no one ever uses that word and so I’ve kinda reverted to the other. Plus when I was a kid and wanted to do it I didn’t actually know that word so… I know those are all lame excuses.
    But what is so intriguing about it is… I Love listening to people(unlike what some people say about extroverts.) I’ve always been the person who everybody told everything and thoroughly enjoyed it. To me understanding human behavior and helping people overcome stuff in their life trauma loss etc… helping people heal relationships and so much more. Really it just sounds so gratifying and would really be helping others. You ever heard of  Dr. Henry Cloud and Jhon Townsend both Christian psychologist who write amazing books and are very inspiring. You should really check them out. I’ve only read one or two of their books but really want to read more. They really reminded me why I wanted to a Psychologist/ psychotherapist!!!! What is your opinion on such careers and studying Human behavior??

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@theinconceivable1 (although, I would 1,000,000,000% prefer writing to acting XD)  haha, for me though, they are very alike.   I mean, when you are writing do you ever act out things from your story or imitate your character’s voices aloud?  In both, you bring a story to life!

It freaky how you can do that… especially F types. Its like girls peer into my soul… *shivers* no thanks!)  I have had people tell me that when I look at them, they feel like I can see inside them or something, which makes me feel weird when all I am doing is trying to read and understand them…

@samantha-pen Great posts, you are so right!

I Love listening to people(unlike what some people say about extroverts.) SO TRUE for me!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@ashira: @samantha-pen: I jsut spent like the last hour responding and now its all gone! *bangs head against table*

I, David
    @i-david

*Wakes up, yawns, and cracks one eye open* *Sees people talking and hears something about personality types* *Closes eyes and drifts off to sleep again, dreaming of finding his hot chocolate*

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@i-david: man you really like hot chocolate!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@samantha-pen

just figured out what you tagging me about prayer and college classes was about… *facepalms* I know, it took me a while. *groans* Anyway. I’m glad it all turned out well!!

Now, if you’ll excuse me… I’m just gonna go die now…

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@kari-karast: “you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ” also, dying is unadvised XD

SeekJustice
    @seekjustice

@ashira

I’ve been stalking your conversation with @theinconceivable1 😛 and I just had to say that I liked what you said about whether or not you could perform when sad/depressed/whatever. I know, from personal experience, that you can, just as you said. For me, its dancing rather than acting, but the last few months have been incredibly hard for my family and I had at least five dance performances. The last one, when I did The Nutcracker in December, was particularly hard. But I danced anyway, I did well, and in fact, the dancing helped make me feel better (I felt so depressed after the performance though, once ideas finished dancing).

So yes, for me and I imagine for a lot of other creatives too, it is definitely possible to perform even in a bad season of life, and it might even make for a better performance.

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
    Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@theinconceivable1

A) which word? And B) I’ve already died virtually about 5 times tonight/this evening alone so… yeah. That’s not new.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@kari-karast: ‘die’ and how can you die five times in one night!?!

@seekjustice: Hum… *strokes his chin* interesting… perhaps, because my feeling traits are far less developed, I find my own performance fluctuates depending on my mood (in passion areas)  but maybe for predominantly feelers its different? still, I’m inclined ot believe your performance actually would decrease (though I’m not sure about dancing. Again, absolutely NO experience in that area XD)

@samantha-pen: @ashira: hey guys, I’m sorry, but I really dont want to write that whole post again XD

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest