Hi,

This topic contains 434 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  The Deranged Ninja 20 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 435 total)
  • Author

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

My name is Samantha. I am a 17-year-old bookworm and young writer. I have been following Story Embers for a while now and am looking forward to joining the forum. I love History and most any book-especially old ones. My favorite books are…first and foremost the Bible followed by Les Miserables, Hunger Games, Rifles for Wattie and a few choice others. Currently, I am working on revising my first novella and another short story. I am excited to join the community, get inspired and inspire other writers to write amazing stories for Christ.

Samantha-Farrar 😀

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@samantha-pen Hello! Welcome to SE! 😀 How did you find out about us? Ohh, and what is your current wip (work in progress) about? If I may ask.

"Sometimes God gives us mountains,
      just to take us higher."

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@samantha-pen Hi!  Welcome to Story Embers!  What genre do you write?  What is your novella about? Have you joined a guild?  Glad you are here!

"In a mask, was he?"

Samantha Farrar
      @samantha-pen

I am good friends with Mackenzie Long- who is part of the story embers staff. My Novella is about a Confederate nurse/union spy.

Samantha Farrar
        @samantha-pen

I am good friends with Mackenzie Long- who is part of the story embers staff. My Novella is about a Confederate nurse/union spy. I write Historical Fiction!!

Samantha Farrar
          @samantha-pen

I have not yet joined a guild.

Eden Anderson
            @eden-anderson

Hi @samantha-pen

*peeks in, sees line I love History and most any book-especially old ones. freaks out*

YAY!!!! Another history lover!!! 😀🤩 I love history myself! What time periods do you enjoy?

What “old” books do you like? I’ve never read Les Mis, but I know the story pretty well…and I really like it…ALOT! 😀 I love Jane Austin and Dickens, and Elizabeth Gaskell and many others.

I’m glad you joined the SE forum and it’s awesome to meet you!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Samantha Farrar
            @samantha-pen

I love pretty much any history but I have a thing for the Civil war. I feel like every time I study a new era I geek out and become obsessed. Les Miserables and Ben Hur are some of my favorite old books. Jane Austin is on my to-read list along with many other books. I also just love to collect old classics that are still in print like my 70-year-old Nancy Drew Book. You should totally read Les Miserables some time it is so awesome. What period of history do you like? It’s always awesome to meet History Lovers, I’m so glad I finally joined too. I have really wanted to be part of a dedicated writing community for quite some time and I’m pretty excited!!!

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@samantha-pen

I love history too! Particularly WW1 and the French Revolution. I’ve never researched the Civil War but it sounds…interesting.

I’m Australian  and heaps of people find that fascinating 😛

I love the sound of your novella too! I’ve recently been publishing a WW1 novella of mine on my blog to much critical acclaim 😀 just kidding, but I have enjoyed publishing the novella.

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
              Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@samantha-pen

Oh and I love Les Miserables! Book, movie, musical and all. Who’s your favourite character? Mine is definitely Enjolras, followed by Jean valjean and Fantine.

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
              Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Samantha Farrar
              @samantha-pen

Victor Hugo is just amazing but unfortunately, I have only read the book. I do have plans to watch the movie some time with my sister in law. I think my favorite character is Jean Valjean followed by Cossette and Marius Pontmercy as her support character. But the part about Enjolras was amazing. I think my favorite thing about the book was the style. The way they intertwined the story so many viewpoints and time from one story was awesome and beautiful. It’s pretty cool that your Australian!!! I find different cultures fascinating.-I think that’s one of the reasons I love history so much. I am hoping to self-publish on Amazon or something by next summer so  I am pretty excited.

Samantha Farrar
                @samantha-pen

So you like Myers Briggs personality type??? A friend introduced them to me a little over a year ago and I have since become a huge geek. I think you are the first INFP I have met or the first one I knew about which is pretty awesome.

Heather
                  @h-jones

Welcome!!! :DDD

planting seeds inevitably changes my feelings about rain.
                  - luci shaw

Samantha Farrar
                  @samantha-pen

theinconceivable1
                    @theinconceivable1

@samantha-pen: Hi! nice to meet you!

(INTJ) “Murdered by pirates is good!”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 435 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest