Hi!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wonderland7
    @wonderland7

Hey, y’all! I’m Wonderland7. A God-fearing, fun-loving girl with a passion for writing, drawing, acting, singing, and reading.

I got inspired to write at an early age when my cousin told me that she was working on a story. I thought it was so neat that she was doing it, and decided to try writing as well. I have been part of some writing communities such as StoryBird and NaNoWriMo. StoryBird was where I began my writing journey, and I will forever be indebted to them, but after reaching a certain point, I decided that I wanted more writing experiences that they had to offer. And after searching for new writing communities for a long while, I decided to start a blog, at the urging of some friends of mine. So far, I’ve been blogging for a year or so, and I’m really quite enjoying it. (If any of you want to check out my blog, it’s Skipper Spirit Passion. 😉 And now, thanks to a homeschool convention, I found Story Embers, where I hope to grow deeper in my walk with God, and in my writing.

So what do I like reading and writing? I mostly enjoy reading fantasy and adventure. There’s something about those genres that had me hooked from the moment I first read them. Oh, yeah! I also enjoy reading Classic and Christian romances, such as Shakespeare or Francis Rivers. ;3                                                           As for writing, I just barely started getting serious about it a year or so ago, so I don’t have much writing experience in a whole lot of genres. I guess I mostly like fantasy and superheroes…. And it certainly doesn’t help that I have yet to finish a book… *coughs awkwardly*

I guess that’s all to say about myself right now. Again, it’s a pleasure to meet you all, and I can’t wait to get to know you more as we travel through this writing journey together!!

Au Revoir!

"If life were short, where would all the adventures be?"
      - anonymous

"We're all mad here."

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
      @thewirelessblade

Howdy to you and welcome to the club!

My journey’s been about the same, though I got more serious when I started writing Fan Fiction.

And not all of us are mad here, I just pretend I am to fit in.

*Forum Signature here*

Catwing
      @catwing

@wonderland7 Cool. I started by drawing characters in notebooks without words. I remember one that was a rip-off of Moses and another of Joseph… It’s kinda funny. The plots included lots of farming, clothing made from moss (I don’t know why), people in hiding, people digging caves (without equipment? How? I don’t even know…), city building, and saving a species from being purposefully killed off.

Well, I’m working on finishing my current one. Finding Secrets. *nods*

You too fellow wonderlandian writer cat.

@thewirelessblade
      I know I’m mad at least. Muh, ha, ha! *probably not an evil mastermind* ;3

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Abbey Bishop
      @a_small_mousepad

@wonderland7

First of all, welcome! We’re so glad to have you here. Second of all, I see that you like both acting and singing. Now, I’m a bit of a musical connoisseur. (Musicals are actually an obsession of mine.) I just have to know, what’s your favorite musical? Play? What shows have you acted in? Would you like for me to recommend some underrated/obscure musicals to you?

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@wonderland7

Welcome! The other Emberians call me Wordsmith, and you being an Emberian means you get to as well. 🙂

Writing is such an amazing journey. I did NaNoWriMo in 2016, where I came out the other side with a best selling novel… Just kidding… It needs a lot of work… Like a ton… more than I want to deal with at the moment… But some day maybe!

I have my own blog as well where I write short stories and maybe even a poem here and there. (TheBookshelfStaircase.wordpress.com) Feel free to take a look, and even subscribe!

My favorite books happen to be those which fall into the fantasy or science fiction genres. Some are kinda a mix of both, but to mark off the top three I would say LOTR, 100 Cupboards, and Enders Game. There are many others, but that would take to long (I’m sure you can relate).

I write in one of three genres (so far)… science fiction/superhero, fantasy, or a technologicallyadvancedmodern-ishthat’snotquitesci-fi.

And may I say that you don’t need to have written a book to be an accomplished writer? Having written a book is something that gives great experience, but not having written a book does not take away.

It’s a great pleasure to meet you, and may God bless your writing (as well as life).

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Mariposa Aristeo
        @mariposa

@wonderland7 Hi! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), greet you! 🦖🙂

I love drawing too! What are your favorite things to draw?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Wonderland7
        @wonderland7

@mariposa Hello! It’s nice to meet you, Mariposa and Aberdeen. Thank you for the warm welcome. =) My favorite things to draw are superheroes, mostly my own. For awhile, though, I was really into drawing animals, specifically cats. What do you enjoy drawing?

@wordsmith
          It’s nice to meet you too, Wordsmith! Writing has been a fun journey for me as well. I participated in the Camp Nano April competition, but couldn’t finish due to various reasons. But I hope to finish the next time I compete. I also enjoy reading and writing in the fantasy genre, and enjoy writing about superheroes. None of my current WIPs have superheroes in them, but I hope to make my own superhero series soon. When you write sci-fi stories, do you like writing dystopia or something else? God bless you in your writing, too!

@a_small_mousepad
          Thanks! It’s good to be here, and it’s nice to meet you. I do in fact like acting and singing! I didn’t really start actively watching musicals, though, until last year, so I don’t know about many of them. Of the ones I have seen, my favorites are The Phantom of the Opera, and The Greatest Showman, which was absolutely amazing. As for my favorite play, does it count if my favorite play isn’t one that I’ve seen, but one I’ve read? Cuz if that’s allowed, then my favorite play so far is Romeo and Juliet. The shows I’ve acted in are all ones that my churches have put on. For the most part, those have been Christmas shows. Sure! I’m all right with learning of little-known musicals. The more the merrier!

- anonymous

"We're all mad here."

Wonderland7
          @wonderland7

@catwing You’re stories sound really cool! I don’t exactly remember when or why I started drawing. I learned how to draw thanks to some YouTube channels and some books from the library. For the most part though, I’m self-taught. For awhile, I had this phase where I would draw everyone as cats (my favorite series at the time was Warriors, by Erin Hunter). But now I draw people both for fun, and for mine or other people’s books. Character designing is one of my favorite parts about drawing. What’s yours? Good luck with finishing your story! ;D

@thewirelessblade
            Thanks for the warm welcome! I like writing fan fictions, too. My first ones were based off of the series Warriors, by Erin Hunter. Now, though, I like writing superhero fanfictions. What kind of fan fictions do you enjoy writing? That’s all right! We need sane people in the world to keep us crazy people on track. ;P Even though you may not be crazy, you still do fit in, cuz we are all united through the blood of Christ here. =3

- anonymous

"We're all mad here."

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@wonderland7

Thanks!

The scifi I write is only barely scifi, and wouldn’t identify as dystopian.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Buddy J..

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Catwing
            @catwing

@wonderland7 Thanks! (For some plot lines I played out with my stuffed animals repeatedly. But I changed some things each time so it was never exactly the same.)
            It is hard to find good drawing books for me. They tend to be very simple, or “*hiss* I hate art! If this wasn’t a library book I would maim it in sooooo many ways!”. but sometimes I can find a nice one. I haven’t ever drawn with Youtube videos before but I may start. I have some friends who do that.
            I’ve always enjoyed drawing animals best, but now I like doing people too (mostly girls, I have trouble making the guys not look stiff or weird… *shrug*)
            Drawing random things from my books. 😉
            Thanks!

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

@wonderland7

I don’t write FF (fan fiction) as much as I once did. It was basically only Wings of Fire and Doctor Who. Boy, those got popular on that website. I’m pretty much dropping FF so I can focus on an actual book.

And yes, you’re right. By the blood of Christ, I don’t need to be crazy… That sound weird… Maybe I’m going crazy or- Nah, I’m normal.

*Forum Signature here*

Mariposa Aristeo
            @mariposa

@wonderland7 I like drawing people mostly and Disney fan art. However, for painting, I like scenery (especially tropical landscapes). 🌴🙂

What are the names of your superheroes? What are their superpowers? 😃

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest