fb

Hi!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Hi everybody!

I’m Grace and I just joined StoryEmbers today!  I’m 15 years old and I really like writing fantasy and fiction stuff.  I’m currently fleshing out an idea for a sort of thriller/spy kids/military academy/special ops mish-mash thing.  I love Jesus, books, horses, roller skating—did I say books?—dancing, singing, and just music in general.  Oh and I also LOVE the beach.  My biggest problem is sticking to one story idea, since I get so excited about a new idea that I just jump around to whatever interests me at the time.  I want to be a doctor, but I would really like to develop my writing skills and maybe publish my own novel one day!

Anyway, I’m excited to be part of a community of like-minded writers!

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

calidris
    @calidris

@gbfruitbat Hey Grace!  I’m calidris and I love birds and art!  Your story premise sounds cool!  I can totally relate to having way too many ideas at once – I usually just stick them all together into one uhhh interesting story lol (so far it’s working out beautifully, and I actually mean that lol.  It’s fun to at least try out!)  Do you have any favorite books?  What about favorite fandoms?  Do you have a favorite genre of music?

If you’re interested, we have some really character games going on right now!  You should check out the character castles – I’m in Character Castle 2.0 🙂

It’s great having you here!

*laughs as one fey*

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@gbfruitbat

Howdy Grace! I’m Noah, welcome to SE!

What kind of dancing do you do?

I love to sing, and I also mess around with music theory and instruments. What are some of your favorite genres of music to sing? Where does most of your singing take place and what parts do you usually sing? Do you play any instruments? As you can see, you’ve met an avid music guy. 🙂

My biggest problem is sticking to one story idea, since I get so excited about a new idea that I just jump around to whatever interests me at the time

One of my sister’s is the same way. 😄

Your current work in progress sounds intriguing, keep it up, and just jot down those other ideas you get for now until you finish your current WIP. 🙂

I’m currently doing a first round polish to a medieval action adventure stand alone called The Thief’s Dilemma  and I’ve began brainstorming my first series.

How long have you been writing?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Welcome @gbfruitbat !

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Hello @calidris
    (I have no idea how to reply on a forum so hopefully this turns out right.) That’s actually a really cool idea to put all your ideas together! My favorite books are…yikes, there’s a lot.  Probably my tops are The Winter King, The Green Ember series, Foxcraft series, The Ascendance Trilogy, Harry Potter, The Underland Chronicles, The Hunger Games (I’m currently on Mockingjay), and the Ranger’s Apprentice series.  Pretty much I count myself in a fandom for any of the big things (even if they’re not books) like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Hunger Games, etc.  I really like all kinds of music, so so can’t say I have a favorite genre.  I literally have no idea what a character castle is, but it sounds cool and I’ll check it out!

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Hi Noah!
    Nice to meet a fellow music fan!  I have taken jazz and some tap dancing, and I did musical theater for a few years, so that included a lot of dance.  I wouldn’t really call myself a “dancer” but I just love to do it.  I actually have done quite a bit of music theory too!  I sang in a choir from kindergarten to 8th grade, and I was generally a soprano.  The choir director had the students do some music theory books, and the final one got you up to the level of a college music theory student, so I ended up taking the AP Music Theory Exam.  I also play violin and piano and play in my local youth orchestra.  What instruments do you play?  Now I mostly sing with our local opera company’s summer youth program and any other things they do throughout the year—I’m usually a second soprano or alto.

Your story sounds really cool and it would be fun to read it someday!

I have been writing just on and off for quite a while, mostly just starting ideas and then starting new ones.  I think I started my first one back when I was 10 or 11.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@gbfruitbat

I have no idea how to reply on a forum so hopefully this turns out right

I was the same way. Here’s a few tips:

• When talking to someone, copy and paste the “@theirname” that’s under the profile pic, and paste it above your response to them (like you did for calidris).
    • If you want to quote a specific sentence that someone wrote  on SE to respond to it, copy it from their post, click the large quotations button in the bar of icons above the post you are writing (that should indent the writing), and then paste what you copied. After that, click enter a couple times to get out of the quotation.
    • Also, it’s usually easier to respond to multiple people at once with one post instead of creating separate posts. You can denote who you are responding to in that single post by pasting  @their name (like I said in tip one) above the section that is a reply to them. You can then do that for each person.

I hope that was half-way coherent. xD

I actually have done quite a bit of music theory too!  I sang in a choir from kindergarten to 8th grade, and I was generally a soprano.  The choir director had the students do some music theory books, and the final one got you up to the level of a college music theory student, so I ended up taking the AP Music Theory Exam.

Nice! You’re definitely more advanced then me, and a lot of the more advanced stuff I learned I’ve been forgetting thanks to lack of use. I would like to compose a song someday though.

I love violin music, and I’ve also heard it’s one of the hardest to learn. If I had enough free time, I would attempt it. I play the Ocarina (if you don’t know what that is, you are only the fifty thousandth person to not know, so don’t worry about it xD), and I’ve practice guitar off and on.

You sing opera? That’s great, I’ve always had respect for people who can do that, it’s so powerful and evocative.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest