Hi!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarahfi
    @sarahfi

Hello everyone! My name is Sarah, and I’m new here. I’m excited to start getting involved in the community.

About me: I’m a Christian, a sci-fi writer, an archer, and an architecture student (as of next Monday). I love physics, poetry, loving people, my rabbit Wyndle, and sci-fi/fantasy books.

Some of my favorite authors include C. S. Lewis, Brandon Sanderson, J. R. R. Tolkien, Nadine Brandes, and N. D. Wilson. My favorite book is The Way of Kings, though books like The Out of Time series, Shadows of Self, and Till We Have Faces are high on the list.

I have written four novels. My favorite so far is a post-apocalyptic science fiction story about a time-traveling warrior who struggles to balance her duty to the people she protects and her duty to herself. Although I mostly write fiction, I also write nonfiction articles for The Wilting Rose Project (led by Bethany Rose @wildrosejournal).

I’d love to hear about your favorite projects or WIPs. Does anyone else think physics memes are hilarious?

Sincerely,

Sarah

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
      -1 Corinthians 15:36b

Ella
      @writergirl101

@sarahfi

Hey Sarah!

Congrats on finishing 4 novels!! 😮  I’ll just say I’m not very committed… 😬😁

Sci-fi and fantasy…  I love to read sci-fi, but I’ve never had the guts to write it. 😜  I do like to write fantasy, as well as speculative fiction, thriller/suspense, and a tad of romance. 🥰

My current WIP is about a girl who lives alone in the wilderness and creates a family out of a picture she finds in an abandoned house.  There are things she wants to forget, and things she never wants to see again.  The outside world is in chaos.  Her own little world is safe.  She’s been alone for 7 years, and then a boy shows up on her doorstep.  Dot, Dot, Dot.  Boom. 🤯

Do you have a current WIP?

My favorite authors include (in no particular order):  L.M. Montgomery; Andrew Peterson, Suzanne Collins; C.S. Lewis; and Edith Pattou.

My favorite books include (also in no particular order):  Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow; The Wingfeather Saga; The Hunger Games; and The Maze Runner series.

I love rainy days, cats, books, graphic design, mapmaking, health and wellness, running, basketball, and chai tea.  And almost every kind of music–trailer music, pop, rock, hip-hop, rap, classical, etc. etc.  Archery fascinates me (so does any form of hand-to-hand combat), but I’ve never learned.  I should actually start that up…💡  Believe it or not, I’ve never seen a physics meme before. 😂😂😂

However…  I am starting physics this year in school.  I’m really excited for that.

You’re an architecture student?  That’s so cool!  What kinds of things are you learning?  (That dumb question shows you how much I know about architecture 😝)

Nice to have you!

🤗 Ella

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Zee
        @zee

Hello Sarah, and welcome! Physics and poetry…plus a rabbit. You sound like you have a fascinating and busy time of it. I’m fairly new here too, but I already know it’s a great place to meet people and learn.

Wingiby Iggiby
          @wingiby-iggiby

@sarahfi

You are going to be an architecture student? Cool! I want to be an artist. Are you hoping to pursue architecture as a career? I don’t know what I’ll do with my life, but I’ve always liked to draw.

I have a bunch of favorite books/authors, but I fail to remember the names of many of them. My current faves are The Wingfeather Saga, Sherlock Holmes, The Lord of the Rings, Rifles for Waite, and Where the Red Fern Grows. And Across Five Aprils.

*takes stunned deep breath* YOU HAVE WRITTEN FOUR NOVELS?!?!?! I can’t even write one, lol. I’ve started, and maybe sometime I’ll finish it. And your book sounds super cool! I write mostly in fiction and I’d like to try historical fiction. But I can’t help but to include comedy either way. And I’ve done a bit of archery, and then I shot a bb gun and really liked that, but I haven’t done it in a long while.

My current WIP is moving as slow as a snail (which is 0.05 mph), but it’s about a 14-year-old girl named Andette Perinous, and she’s running for her life. Yeah. It’s not a very good book (that’s my opinion, anyway), but I’m using it for writing practice, plot practice, character development practice, and more practice. If I could actually finish or publish a book sometime in my life, it will be a big accomplishment. And, um, I feel rather silly, but what is a physic meme?

Here is a little about me: I would like a kitten (but I’m not telling that to my dog), and I have nine snails that once laid sixty eggs so then I had sixty impossibly tiny snails that were transparent. I like to draw, read, and eat chocolate. And listen to country music, Andrew Peterson, then country, Andrew Peterson, Country….

Anyway, I’m happy to meet you, and hope to see you around! 😉

–Wingiby Iggiby (also known in this temporary earth as Brooke) lover of snails, drawing, reading, and water tubing.

I know you got mountains to climb,
            But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@sarahfi
              Welcome to Story Embers! *sweeps off hat and bows* I hope you find this a pleasant, if somewhat craaaaazy place!
              An architect major? Awesome! How old are you? Just going into college or already an old hand? I’m 18, and I hope to take some college courses in writing and special education soon.
              May I ask where the name Wyndle came from?
              I’ve read all those author except N.D. Wilson. Is he the author of 100 Cupboards? Cause that’s on my TBR list.
              Some of my favorite books are The Wingfeather Saga, Martin Hospitality, The Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice, Fawkes, (you read that specific Nadine Brandes one??) and Dust.
              FOUR NOVELS?!?! ASKDJFKSLDF THAT IS AWESOME! Are any of them out or published anywhere? I’m not a huge fan of sci-fi unless it’s Brandon Sanderson (Skyward/Starsight anyone!?!?!?!) but if it’s well-done I’ll give it a go!
              I am sorry to say I would not understand most physics memes. 😛 But I do find memes in general very, very funny. XD
              My current WIP is a contemporary fiction about a young woman named Felicity Jones who gets kicked out of her foster parent’s house after she quits college. She winds up in this tiny little town staying with the Dawson family that befriends her. She has to work with forgiving the people who have hurt her and deciding if she should stay in this little town or go back or move on.
              I’ve been working on it for over a year now and only have eight chapters written. XD I hope to step up my writing game in 2021.
              A few questions –
              1. Do you like music? I LOVE IT!!! My favorites are soundtrack music, Sleeping at Last, For King and Country, and Andrew Peterson.
              2. Do you have any siblings? How old are they? I have six siblings- three brothers ages 20, 15, and 6, and three sisters, ages 12, 9, and 3.
              3. What are your favorite movies? A few of my many favorites are the live action Cinderella, Pride and Prejudice, Lord of the Rings, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Saving Mr. Banks, Ever After, and…. I’ll stop right there or I’ll be going on for days. XD XD

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
              No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Sarahfi
              @sarahfi

Wow! You guys are really welcoming!

To answer your guys’ general questions:

-I am 18, so just starting as a freshman at architecture, though I have taken classes before. I’ve learned about how to use software and vocabulary as well as how to think like a designer. I think I want to pursue architecture as a career, though I’m not certain yet.

-Wyndle came from Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive. There’s a character in Words of Radiance named Wyndle.

-I do not have a current WIP. I just finished a novel, so I’m taking a break. I do have several ideas for my next project though.

-1. Yes, I love music (for KING & COUNTRY and Switchfoot are my favorites); 2. Just one sibling, she’s 16 and she’s great; favorite movies include Avengers: Endgame, Avatar, The Rise of Skywalker (aahh, controversy).

-It appears that I must enlighten you all with a physics meme.

That may or may not make sense. It’s referring to the conservation of energy, the idea that energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
                -1 Corinthians 15:36b

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest