Hi

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Cassie Hartfinh 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Caserola
    @caserola

Hi,

I’m @noodle-mum sister! I like to read and write, one of my favorite book series is Story Thieves and The Land of stories. I have a lot of great book ideas and can’t wait until I can finally finish them. Can’t wait to meet you all!!!

Noodle-Mum
    @noodle-mum

@cassie-hartfinh @ariella-newheart

Lookie who I got to join! 😀 Idk why but my family loves food based nick-names, lol!

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@caserola Greetings and welcome! I’m Jess. *waves*

Do you happen to know your MBTI? Do you have a favourite genre to write in?

Can’t wait to get to know you! 😀

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

Hi, @caserola!!!! *waves like crazy* Glad to see you joined!!! There’s a lot of great people here who also love to write. I’m as curious as Jess. What do you like to write the most? Also, @noodle-mum, and Caserola, there’s a short story contest going on with Story Embers. If you want to enter, check out the rules on the right side of the site! @ariella-newheart entered last year; I don’t know if she entered this one. But her story last year was pretty good!

Fit’al n’ar muraak me’alti dongves! (Ordombé: May the words in your heart never fail you)

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Hai, @caserola!! Welcome to Story Embers! I read the first Story Thieves book and I liked it! The idea of being able to jump into the pages of a book has been a dream of mine. 🙂 I remember you telling me about one of your story ideas a long time ago. What are you working on these days?

@cassie-hartfinh Oh yeah, the story contest. *sheepish grin* I did enter last year but I don’t think I will this time. 😛

Fantasy writer, obsessive editor, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@caserola Hi!  Welcome to SE!  How old are you?  Im sixteen.  Is that you in the picture?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Caserola
    @caserola

Hey @AriellaNewheart. Yes, I love story Thieves so much! Currently, I am working on my new story New begging, I have a lot of ideas but I’m not sure which one to work on first.

Caserola
    @caserola

Hello, @ashira I’m fourteen. And yes that is me in the picture.

Caserola
    @caserola

And Hello @cassie-hartfinh and @j-a-penrose, I can’t wait to get to know you guys! I love to write fantasy and I don’t know what my MBTI is yet.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Caserola.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@caserola You look awesome!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Caserola
    @caserola

@ashira Awwww thanks.

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@caserola @ariel-ashira @noodle-mum @j-a-penrose @ariella-newheart

Okay. To be fair, this time it wasn’t Starscream who dragged me away for another Long Absence. See, there was this trader in the town of Tilmae, on the plains of Naagstumek, several hundred leagues to the west of the Great Sandy Desert. I meet this trader from time to time in order to acquire the basic necessities of life, and also to sell the sandsnake skins I harvest from mine and Starscream’s sworn enemies. Well, it seemed as if this trader had been dealing in some shady business with other unnamed customers, and it must have caught up with him, because when Starscream and I arrived at the marketplace of Tilmae for our biannual trading venture, our trader wasn’t there. We couldn’t find hide nor hair of him, and we spent three extra days in town looking for clues that pointed to the reasons for his absence. He wasn’t even at the Flaming Phoenix! Well, the tavern was burned to the ground when we went there, but that’s beside the point. Although it does raise a few red flags… Anyways, all Starscream and I found was a half-burned Wanted poster lying in the rubble of the Flaming Phoenix. And you can guess who’s face was on it. By order of the Dark Being, the right-hand man of Sescapa Mordoc himself, I believe our trader was captured. But that doesn’t make any sense, because he was only a lowly salesman. Why would he catch the attention of Naagstumek’s occupiers?

We returned to the familiarity of the desert with more questions than answers. And with less money and provisions in our pockets. It seems a storm is brewing ahead for the both of us…

Anyways, Caserola, tell me a bit about your story! And I’ve read the first two books of Story Thieves as well, and loved them! Someday, I’d love to return to that world and finish the adventure. *unsheathes wand-knives*

Fit’al n’ar muraak me’alti dongves! (Ordombé: May the words in your heart never fail you)

Caserola
    @caserola

@cassie-hartfinh Well, my story is about a fourteen year old boy named Dan, and how he goes to school and new comes the new leader of the next world, so its about like how he as to design and next land that everyone is going to live in, but the people who are helping him are his school teachers so he is not too pleased about that, on top of that he is not allowed to tell his family or his two best friends Ron Littlewood or Ashley Maryland, so not only does he have to get good grades but he also has to design a world that everyone will enjoy. But time starts running out and there are some problems with him missing certan things to his friends starting thinking that he can’t keep his promises and its just a lot of things because he wants to be a kid and go to the movies or that park, not to mention he has like five other siblings, so he wants to be able to spend time with them but he is always to busy with school or making the new world.

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@caserola Wow, that’s an interesting plot! I can’t wait to see how it turns out when it’s finished! How far along are you in your writing process?

@ariella-newheart @ashira @noodle-mum

Alright. *dusts self off* So, upon further investigation, Starscream and I discovered that our trader was wanted for treason against the Dark Being and his new Empire. He was captured on the morning that we arrived at Tilmae, mere hours before we made it to his trading post. What was Hendrik captured for, you ask? (Ah, yes. His name is Hendrik, by the way.) Upon questioning the locals who used to frequent both Hendrik’s shop and the Flaming Phoenix, we discovered the rumors about what Hendrik’s underground dealings…well, dealt with.

It took a hefty pouch of coins and a solemn oath to never reveal this to allies of the Dark Being, but someone close to Hendrik finally admitted that our trader was indeed a follower of the rumored Lord Creator. And though it is a crime to do so, Hendrik used to hold a weekly gathering of sorts under cover of darkness, with others who shared his sentiments. He and his group even plotted against the Dark Being and his laws, raiding auction houses and freeing those who would have been chosen to serve the Dark Being in the courts and armies of his master. In other words, Hendrik was captured for treachery against the new god of Dhilorwis. Someone betrayed him, which led to his capture.

His fate? Upon further investigation, most of which was carried out by Starscream, we discovered that Hendrik was delivered to the fortress of the Dark Being. His ultimate fate is unknown, but we also know that Tilmae’s monthly hanging is approaching within a couple of weeks. We intend to be present. Whether to rescue Hendrik or mourn his death, I cannot be sure at the moment. Starscream is of the opinion that we should rescue him, but I know that such an action would cause our status in this world to be changed from lowly sandsnake warrior to one of the Dark Being’s most sworn enemies. If we rescue Hendrik, we could live out the rest of our days looking over our shoulders, constantly running from those who would have our heads.

I certainly never asked for such a fate when we began this investigation. I stand at a crossroads. Do I throw away my life as a sandsnake warrior and choose to follow the counsel of my griffin friend, or do I stand and watch as a good man meets his demise, then go on with my life? In any case, I have days to decide. Who knows. Hendrik might not even be alive at this moment. It’s impossible to tell. This choice seems impossible to make.

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@cassie-hartfinh May I just say, I have greatly enjoyed reading of your adventures. xD I hope Hendrik will be okay.

@caserola Oh, yeah! I remember you telling me about that story. 😀

Fantasy writer, obsessive editor, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest