Heyo :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    LizzyH
    @lizzyh

Hey, everyone!

-cue awkward pause as I figure out how to introduce myself-

I’m a Christian, an introvert, an absolute bookworm, a writer (bet you hadn’t guessed :P), a homeschool and recent college grad (accounting major), and an OYANer (-waves to the OYAN people because I know there are at least a couple- :D). I’ve finished one novel (though word count probably still has it at novella level) and several short stories, and they all typically end up being contemporary (though maybe with a few fantasy or AU elements). And I say “typically” because I’m a pantser…the ideas have minds of their own. XD I love reading fantasy, contemporary, historical, mild sci-fi, and the occasional biography.

(Apparently I really like using parentheses…ellipses too…)

(Anyways.)

I’m really looking forward to meeting and talking with you guys! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tal
      @tal

@lizzyh

Welcome! I just joined today myself.

"My sword you shall have, but never in surrender!"
        Profile art by DeepRun

Eitan
        @eitan

Hello and welcome!

From where do you come and what’s interesting about it?

What do you like to do besides writing?

What is yourโ€ฆ

• current Bible study?
          • favorite book in the Bible (yeah, itโ€™s hard to pick just one ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?
          • favorite Bible hero (besides Jesus ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?
          • favorite verse?
          LizzyH
          @lizzyh

@lizzyh Welcome! I just joined today myself.

Thanks! Hey, nice. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hello and welcome! From where do you come and whatโ€™s interesting about it? What do you like to do besides writing? What is yourโ€ฆ

• current Bible study?
            • favorite book in the Bible (yeah, itโ€™s hard to pick just one ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?
            • favorite Bible hero (besides Jesus ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?
            • favorite verse?

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ I come from all over (military life), but I’m currently in Ohio. What’s interesting about it? Hmm…well, it seems to be a more central location for a lot of things than I ever expected. Between church things, homeschool things, and just random stuff, a lot of stuff happens very near us, so that’s been cool. ๐Ÿ˜€

Besides writing, I love to read, spend time with my family and friends, listen to music, play guitar, and occasionally do photography and drawing (long story, but I only just figured out how to do more than stick figures). ๐Ÿ™‚

As far as current Bible study, I don’t have a specific one right now other than reading through (I’m currently in Ezekiel). Also, I’ve been taking the day’s Proverb and writing out the verses that stand out to me for one reason or another. I think it helps me internalize a little better to do that.

Agh, I can’t pick just one favorite book. XD I’ll go with Psalms and all the Pauline epistles.

Favorite Bible hero other than Jesus…I think either David or Paul.

There’s so many, agh. XD But one that has really stuck out to me the last few months is Psalm 138:8 – “The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” It’s been comforting several times lately.

Arindown
            @arindown

@lizzyh

Welcome! I’m delighted to meet you. Seems that we have a lot in common. I’m also homeschooled, Christian introvert who gobbles up books (although I’m only half-way through high school).๐Ÿ˜„

Tell me more about your novel. What’s the setting? Who’s the Main Character? What’s the underlying theme?

I’m 30 thousand some words into my very first novel. It’s fantasy, with wizards, in a midivil setting. My main character is Thane (although he doesn’t really show up for like 5 chapters๐Ÿ˜’), and so far some of the themes are Forgiveness, and Trust. I say, so far, because pieces are just now falling into place.

Nice meeting you!

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Beth
              @beth20

@lizzyh

Hey, nice to meet you! I saw you mentioned military life…what branch are you in? My older sister is in the Marines! Plus my grandpas on both sides were in the military! I mostly read and write fantasy too!

What are some of your fav books? Mine are any N.D. Wilson books, LOTR, Redwall…and many more. But it would take way to long to mention them all lol!

Oh and I’m about to start the OYAN course!

โ€œFailure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.โ€
                โ€• Truman Capote
                Profile art by Arindown

LizzyH
                @lizzyh

@arindown Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice! Good to find other bookworms. ๐Ÿ˜›

My novel is set somewhere in the Pacific on an island country called Palisadia (I made it up XD), the main character is Eric Gunn (just an average kid….sort of), and the main theme is basically “you can’t always run away from your past and your problems–you have to stop and face them” (Not a catchy way to put it, but I’m working on that XD). I put a synopsis in my bio. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds cool!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Ehehe, I totally get that, the things just falling into place.

Nice meeting you, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

@beth20 Nice to meet you as well! That’s awesome! My dad is retired Army. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ehehe, I get that. XD Hmm…my list could get very long very quickly, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But some of my absolute favorite are the Blades of Acktar series and the Beyond the Tales series (Tricia Mingerink), the Ilyon Chronicles (Jaye L. Knight), the Ascendance books (Jennifer Nielsen), the Weaver Trilogy (Lindsay Franklin), all of Nadine Brandes’ books, all of Morgan Busse’s books, all of the Ronie Kendig books I’ve read so far, Blank Mastermind (Rosey Mucklestone), all of H.S.J. Williams’ books, Kara Swanson’s books, and…a lot of others. XD

That’s so awesome! I hope you enjoy OYAN! Are you on that forum? If you’re not already, I /highly/ recommend joining it. It’s such an amazing place. <3

Beth
                  @beth20

@lizzyh

Oh okay! I have never heard of any of those authors or books except for Kara Swanson. Kara is coming out with a new book called Dust right?

I am not on their forum, but it would be fun to join! I went to their site and was gonna join but I don’t know what this means. It said they needed you to put in a Curriculum License # what is that?

โ€• Truman Capote
                    Profile art by Arindown

LizzyH
                    @lizzyh

@beth20 They’re all good! ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes, she is! Dust is so, so incredible. <3 I read an ARC of it a few weeks ago, and agh, yes, it’s wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope you can join! ๐Ÿ˜€ The curriculum license is the individual/unique number and letter combination for each student so they know if you’ve actually bought the curriculum. You use the number to join the forum, enter the contests, and register for Workshops. If you bought the curriculum directly from Clear Water Press, then the number should be on the invoice. If not, then you can email them to figure out where it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Beth
                      @beth20

@lizzyh

Okay, awesome I’ll see if I can find it!

โ€• Truman Capote
                        Profile art by Arindown

LizzyH
                        @lizzyh

@beth20 Cool, sounds good! ๐Ÿ˜€

Arindown
                          @arindown

@lizzyh

Your story sounds amazing. I love the theme.๐Ÿ˜Š So true, you have to face the decisions that you make.

What sort of things do you do when you’re not writing?

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

WolverineRM
                            @wolverinerm

@lizzyh

*screams from the void* GO ARMY!!!! ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’š

I write contemporary too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ย Iโ€™ve readย The Girl Who Could Seeย (how could that be so relatable…) and a couple of the Ilyon booksโ€”fantasy isnโ€™t usually my thing, but I really enjoyed those!

And wow, the premise/synopsis of your book is so neat!! Stopping and facing your problems is something I think everyone kind of relates to in a way, just in different situations.

Glad to have you here!!

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
                              He just smiles and says, itโ€™s the way that I was raised

LizzyH
                              @lizzyh

@arindown Thank you!! That means a lot. ๐Ÿ˜€

I love to read…I may or may not be addicted to books. -innocent whistling- Also, I really enjoy spending time with my family and friends (real-life and internet), listening to music, and sometimes doing the occasional craft/art project. I just started getting into the bookstagram thing, so that’s been fun, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

@wolverinerm YES XD

Nice! I honestly didn’t expect to start writing contemporary, but that’s kinda the way it ended up. XD Cool! Yas, all those books are so good! <3

Thank you! I really appreciate that. ๐Ÿ˜€

Rusted Knight
                                @rusted-knight

Hi. New myself. First off, I’m a hopeful Marine so Semper Fi. I read (and mostly write) historical fiction and non fiction. Classics are thrown in the mix (Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia). INTJ with autistic like memory (stuffed with war facts). A homeschooled country boy working his way to collage (figurative and literally).

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest