Heyo!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Selah 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Noodle-Mum
    @noodle-mum

Heyo!

I’m Noodle! (Or Alli, whatever you prefer to call me). I’ve been writing since I was about eight, but only really started trying to expand my skills in my craft when I turned fourteen. That was when I wrote my first novella (32,000 words) in under two months! Since then, my Inner-Critic has set in and it’s become increasingly difficult to write without editing as I write. But, it’s something God is actively helping me through. Slowly but surely, I’m learning that my skills in writing are, in fact, skills, and something I can be confident in.

As for what I write… I enjoy a great many different genres. It honestly depends on what the goal for that book is, and what genre best fits said goal. I would say, if I were estimating, I have about fifteen different WIP’s (Work in Progress) but I try and only work on one at a time.

@ariella-newheart introduced me to this website and I’m so excited to see the community and different challenges that are on here, as well as the overall goal this website brings. 🙂

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@noodle-mum Hi!  Do you know your MBTI type?

Ariella! 😀  Do you know Myriah too?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Noodle-Mum
      @noodle-mum

I do! I’m an ENFP! What’s yours?

And yeah! I do! I should tag her in this so she knows I’m on here now. 🙂 @cassie-hartfinh HIIIIII!!!!!

Cassie Hartfinh
        @cassie-hartfinh

@noodle-mum OHMIGOSH ALLI YOU JOINED!!!! *runs around screaming and throwing confetti* Welcome to the wondrous world of Story Embers!! I see you already met my good friend Ariel Ashira. Fun fact. She’s the one who did the cover art for The Cry of the Lost. She and Selah Chelyah are both amazing peeps. *nodnod* As is Ariella Newheart. Have you applied for a guild yet?? I hope you land in Parimi Alca!! We are a bunch of crazy ENFPs!!!

EVERYONE!!!! MEET MY FRIEND ALLI!!!

@selah-chelyah @ariella-newheart @evelyn @steward-of-the-pen @julia @j-a-penrose

Fit’al n’ar muraak me’alti dongves! (Ordombé: May the words in your heart never fail you)

J.A.Penrose
        @j-a-penrose

@noodle-mum Ello and welcome friend of Cassie! xD (Disclaimer: I am not an ENFP. I’m just the introverted twin. :P)

Also, I can totally relate to 15+ WIPs.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Writer | Freelance editor
        Inspiration

Ariella Newheart
        @ariella-newheart

Hey, @noodle-mum! Welcome to Story Embers. I’m so glad you joined! 😀 *gives you cookies*

Fantasy writer, obsessive editor, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Noodle-Mum
        @noodle-mum

@cassie-hartfinh *spins around in joy with you* I just applied for a guild today! 🙂 And everything on here is so cool! I can’t wait to meet everyone!

@j-a-penrose Awesome! It’s so cool to read up on all the different types of personalities.

@ariella-newheart *munches on cookies* why thank you. Thank you very much!

Steward of the Pen
          @steward-of-the-pen

@noodle-mum Hey, welcome to Story Embers! Nice to meet you!

Do you have any favorite authors? Are there any particular themes you like to tackle in your stories?

I can definitely relate to your struggles with the inner critic. Overcoming my perfectionism is a constant battle for me, and sometimes the inner critic just won’t leave me alone. xD But I’m learning to let go of it—very slowly.

Wow, fifteen WIPs! I don’t know why, but for some reason whenever I go over two, the least developed ones start melding into each other and creating something completely different than the original ideas. I guess in some ways that’s a good thing. 😛

Welcome again, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you more!

Noodle-Mum
          @noodle-mum

@steward-of-the-pen Nice to meet you as well! ^_^

I don’t get to do as much reading as I used too, but some of my favorite authors are Eoin Colfer, J.K. Rolling, Rick Riorden, ect. I tend to really enjoy that fantasy/mythical type books. But, those are all from when I was much younger. What really inspires me to write now are the TV shows and movies and stories in general with super intricate plots!

As for theme, I always tend to lean towards a specific base idea that the characters are lying to themselves in some shape or way, and they have to come to a point where they decide if they’re going to do what’s easy and comfortable, and keep following the lie, or take the harder path and follow what is true. What about you? What themes do you enjoy writing?

At this point I’ve had to name my inner critic just so I can tell him to go away XD It’s actually been fun creating that story (of my inner critic)

Yeah 😛 I tend to work on a specific project for a month or two, come to writers block and jump onto the next project. I cycle through the 15 so slowly and surely more and more gets built over time XD it’s a horrible method, really. Something I’m working on.

Thanks! I look forward to really learning about everyone here too!

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh
            Yup, that’s me. 😛

@noodle-mum

Welcome! A friend of “Cassie’s” is a friend of mine. 🙂  *shakes hand vigorously*  And… *whispers* …I have over 20 WIP’s, so I can relate as well, lol. Make sure and tell us what guild you get!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
            "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Cassie Hartfinh
            @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah @noodle-mum @ashira @ariella-newheart

*flies in after another sandsnake battle*

Glad to see you all getting along and getting to know each other! I apologize, but awhile ago I befriended a griffin named Starscream (through a certain series of events), and he constantly drags me away from conversation to do battle with these sandsnakes that he hates. I will be in and out of the conversation, but observing all the time.

Alli, you should check out Selah’s current WIP. Ask her to make you a beta reader. She has something great going on. *struggles not to spoil*

And if you want to beta-read my WIP, the link to the doc is on my profile page. I uploaded chapter 11 recently. *winks*

Oh dear. Starscream calls once again. *unsheaths sword*

*dashes off*

Fit’al n’ar muraak me’alti dongves! (Ordombé: May the words in your heart never fail you)

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@cassie-hartfinh 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh

XD! What else to say after that kind of an intro, right?!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
            "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Joseph Brink
            @nuetrobolt

@noodle-mum, welcome to Emberia/SE. This is my pet dragon Vip, and in case you can’t see him, he’s small and blue and sitting on my shoulder right now.

Do you like Tolkien?

I'm J. S. Brink, Throne Warden of Emberia, or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Julia
            @julia

Welcome, @noodle-mum! 😃

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest