fb

Hey!!

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Katja R
    @katja-r

@kristianne-hassman

Hey! Nice to meet you!

Thanks, I really like my picture too!!

I hope you don’t mind if I ask you a few questions so I can get to know you better! πŸ˜‰

Where are you from? Are you working on writing anything right now? Have you posted anything you’ve written? If so, can you tag me?

I look forward to getting to know you!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@katja-r

Sure, I love getting to know other people!

I’m from the States, but my family has been missionaries in Africa since I was really little. I’ve lived in Quebec, Cameroon, Benin, and currently I live in South Africa . . . so it’s really hard for me to answer the question of where I’m from, lol!

I’m working on a fantasy novel about a princess (of course!). Here’s the synopsis of it:

Princess Charlotte never dreamed she’d be an exile by her twentieth birthday. All she’d ever wanted was to live a quiet, peaceful life as a healer on the island of Tir-Aelyn. But when Lord Tehren Drayce seizes the throne, intent on getting rid of the royal family, Charlotte must choose between fleeing her homeland to protect her young daughter–or stay and become entrapped in Tehren’s sinister plans.

Just when she thinks she has nothing else to lose, she faces a heartbreaking loss. It’s through her journey of grief that she discovers that God has much more in store for her than she ever imagined. And that He had a wonderful plan for her all along.

I haven’t posted any of it on here yet, but I’m currently at 48,000 words and I’ve finished twelve chapters. I like to edit and polish as much as I can before I show it to anyone else, so it might be a while before I do post anything. I’m a bit of a perfectionist πŸ˜‰ But I will definitely tag you when I do!

I’m really enjoying reading your story. It’s very interesting! I would love to read a synopsis of it, if you have one.

What kinds of books do you like to read?

Courage, dear heart.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@katja-r

Ok good lol. I always love talking about my characters and I know pretty much every author does, but I always feel like I go off on these huge explanations and then what started out as a “Hey this is my character so-and-so” ends up as an hour-long rant XD Oh cool! No, I haven’t read it yet. I believe someone tagged me already… let me check!

It really was! πŸ˜€

@abigail-rebekah
    OOoo you live in New Zealand!! Have you ever been to the set of the Shire?? My aunt moved to NZ recently, and I really want to go visit her and make a trip to tour the set…

β€œEnough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Katja R
    @katja-r

@kristianne-hassman

That’s awesome! I have a few friends who are an MK. One is in Kenya and the other is in Cambodia.

That’s cool! I’m working on the a low fantasy novel. I am still working on making a good synopsis…I have everything planned and I can write out my whole plot in two sentences but to make a synopsis that is interesting to someone else may take me a bit. πŸ™‚

Wow, way to go writing that much. I am at almost 7,000 words. You all make my work seem so small.Β  πŸ˜€ Not in a bad way. Just that I haven’t written that much.

I’m glad you are enjoying my story so far! I will see about writing a good overview for you to read. I’m trying to make it tell enough to get people interested but not give away to much. I have been thinking about it though!

I like reading historical fiction, fantasy, mystery and to be honest I’ll read mostly anything. Lol. What about you?

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@katja-r

That’s so cool!

That’s fine you don’t have a synopsis yet. It took me a while to figure out mine, and I’m still not sure I’m happy with it. 7000 words is a lot–you should be proud of that! I’ve been planning my story for several years and started writing my first draft in December, so I’ve been working on it for a while. πŸ˜‰

Nice! I also enjoy reading historical fiction and fantasy, though not so much mystery. What are some of your favorite authors/books?

Courage, dear heart.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@kristianne-hassman

Yeah, I’ve written out a little bit, but none of it is that amazing. Really? I’ve only been writing seriously for like 8 months. I started this story almost 2 months ago. I really like my plan for this story. I’ve gone into like in depth planning. One thing I do is plan out, in on sentence, what I want to happen in each chapter. Then let’s say I finish chapter 3 and before I write anything on chapter 4 I go into deep planning and write out everything I want to happen. It’s really helped me stay on track and keep to my plot.

Lol…I’ve said this before but I don’t really have like “favorite” authors. I read a lot of random books. I will have to think about it sometime though. πŸ˜‰

-Katja

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Hey @katja-r! Glad you jumped onto the forum after our previous conversations. πŸ™‚ Welcome to our online community here! πŸ˜€

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@katja-r

I prefer WWII, too. I really like some of the outfits during that time xD And there’s so much to learn about it as well.

Aw thanks – it is pretty cool living in NZ – lots of gorgeous places 😊

Oh nice! Yes, please do tag me in for your stories.

@claire-h

Wow…that is pretty special 😊
    Yes, Charles Spurgeon is really good.

@anne_the_noob14

Hey!
    No, sadly, I have never visited the Shire. I do really want to tho, some day πŸ˜‰

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Katja R
    @katja-r

@josiah

Thanks! I have really enjoyed it so far!!

@abigail-rebekah

I know! I really like writing about some of the harder things that happened during WWII. I am having stuff about the concentration camps in my current WWII story. I don’t have everything planned but I have some really good ideas.

I will tag you! And please leave your comments on anything you think I can improve on.

-Katja

Mayacat
    @mayacat

@katja-r

Nice to meet you! Sorry I’m a little late!

You can call me Mayacat. (Or Maya if you’d like, but that might get get confusing since my username comes from one of my characters, Maya. πŸ™‚ So actually, call me Mayacat lol)

I’m from Ohio, I’m homeschooled, and I’m the oldest of eight siblings.I love reading, writing, singing, dancing, art, music, animals, and writing lyrics.

I write in a lot of genres, including fantasy, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and sci-fi. I also like to take two different things, like modern-myth creatures like vampires and werewolves and smash it together with futuristic tech stuff.

I have aΒ lot of characters since my writing world has expanded into a universe which all of my stories take place in in one way or another. (basically I created a bunch of realms and smashed my stories together because why not?)

But I have aΒ lot of charries. Not as many as one of my sisters, who legit has like,Β sixty. I’m looking at you, @esmeralda-gramilton . Either way, I should probably stop talking about them or-

Kenma: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

Ruby: *snatches laptop from Kenma* I wanna talk to the peoples!

Kenma: Nooo! I’m Mayacat’s favorite character! I want to talk, I always talk to new people on these introduction things!

Ruby: But- Wait… who are you?

Kenma: …we haven’t been introduced yet?

*both turn towards me silently*

Me: Oh no.

Kenma: YOU CREATED NEW CHARRIES AND DIDN’T THINK TO INTRODUCE US??

Ruby: THE SIX OF US AREN’T THE ONLY MAIN CHARACTERS??

Me: Ahhh! Boys, calm down please! Just introduce yourselves to Katja because this post is already long and I don’t want the spam filter eating it!

Kenma: *shoots a dirty look at me then smiles sweetly* Hiii! I’m Kenma! I’m what Mayacat describes as a sweet bby boi orange flufferball of sunshine that must be protected at all costs.

Me: I- uh… I don’t- *sighs* Yes. I do call him that.

Kenma: Mhmm! I’m almost sixteen years old-

Rin: But you have the mentality/personality of a three year old.

Kenma: and that’s Rin, my best friend! He’s not a lot of fun, but he gets better once you get to know him.

Ruby: And I’m Ruby Favonius. I’m from a place called Luna Castle, and I’m seventeen, and I amΒ not a girl. I don’t know why people think I’m a girl. Seriously! Anyways, I’m the youngest of my friend group, and they never pass up a chance to rub it in. I had no idea that there were other main characters, so we should probably go now. I have to have aΒ long talk with the author.

Me: Hehehe, I can explain.

Anyways, it was nice to meet you, Katja! I’m sorry about my charries stealing my laptop and disrupting this post- (unfortunately they do that a lot) but yeah. I hope you have a great day!

I do not write the story... the Universe writes the story and I am simply its messenger.

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@katja-r

You write really well for having only written seriously for 8 months! It’s kind of been on and off for me . . . I’ve been writing since I was pretty young, but I only started writing more seriously in my teen years. I stopped writing for a couple years, and then started back up a few years ago.

That’s great that you’ve found a plan that works! I also plan a lot and like to have everything in place before I start writing, else it starts turning into a freewriting session, lol

Oh ok, I can understand that. It’s hard to name specific authors that are your favorite πŸ˜‰

Courage, dear heart.

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@katja-r

Hey, nice to meet you! I’m a bit on the older side for Story Embers, but it’s always nice to make new acquaintances. I’ll be looking through the thread – I’m also on the *LATE* side of Story Embers, but I’d love to hear more about your story and help where I can. That’s what this community is for, after all! (In the mission of honoring God through our writing that is.)

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Here’s the altered picture of Alyce. Is this more what you were thinking of?

Not all those who wander are lost.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest