fb

Hey!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@katja-r hello!

Ooh do tell about your characters please! I may be able to draw them. I’m always looking for something good to draw!

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Hey,

So I have two guys.

Devlyn: Blond hair, brown eyes, teenager around 17 yrs old. Some of his characteristics are: proud, strong, kinda careless sometimes in his actions, likes his clothes looking sharp though, he’s good at fighting, um…I don’t really know what else. Devlyn hasn’t entered into my story as much, so I’m still getting to know him. I’ll send some pics of what I kinda want them to look like

Rydel: Longer black hair, blue eyes, same age as Devlyn. His characteristics: Loves horses, is the only boy and has a sister so he can be a little coward sometimes, if something does offend him though he will fight (even if he loses), is thoughtful, can use a sword well, I haven’t decided much more about him. I’ll send pics of what I want them to look like in a sec.

Thanks for doing this!!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Here is Devlyn. I think I want his hair to be a little shorter. I do want him to have a blue outfit though. And can you make him look a little stronger?

Devlyn

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

claire
    @claire-h

@katja-r
    Yeah, I’d pick mountains over the beach any day. 😉

That’s neat that 3 of your great grandpas served in WWII! I’ve always been fascinated by that time period as well. Especially because of all the stories my great grandpa has told. He kept a journal while in the submarine and it’s such a priceless thing to have in the family. 🙂 I wish I had the commitment to write a journal.

That’s super cool that you are interested in scriptwriting!

Aw, I hope your trip to Yellowstone won’t be cancelled! I would love to go there sometime… I’m afraid all the trips we were planning will be cancelled too. 🙁 This year we were going to a couple different conferences.

It’s called the Manitowoc Wisconsin Maritime Museum.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by claire.

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Hey I tried to send the Rydel pictures but I don’t think it went through….let me know if you got them, otherwise I’ll send them again

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

Aw man, I’d love to read someones journal from WWII!!!

Haha, I used to keep a journal when I was a kid but my life ran out of things to write about. 😀

I really want to meet people who were in WWII sometime.

Thanks. Like I said, my brother videos stuff, but he said I might be able to help him write a teleplay sometime!!!

I hope it doesn’t get canceled. We were planning on going later on in June, so maybe we still might be able to.

And whoa. The museum is a bit of a drive from where I am, but I could probably go sometime. Did you say your grandpa is mentioned in the museum? If he is I’ll have to look for his name if we go.

It so nice to chat with you!!

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

I think I said this already, but I am writing a WWII story. Could you or your grandpa answer some things about it?

1. What theater did he served in?

2. What years

3. His rank

4. His branch

5. Was he drafted or did he enlist

6. I’m assuming he served either with the North Atlantic fleet or in the Pacific

7. Where was he stationed

8. Did he see combat?

9. Combat stories?

10. How was communication

If you deem some of these questions to personal, you don’t have to answer.

Thanks

-Katja

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Katja R.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Hey,

I don’t think it sent because I tried to send two pics. I’ll send them one at a time.

Before I send them though, a few comments.

1. I kinda like both of the pics, so maybe if you can do a mix of both?

2. I like how his hair is, in the pic where it’s brown, only I want it to be black.

3. I also like his brown jacket in the first pic.

4. Feel free to play around with this drawing, just try to follow the details mentioned earlier.

And just so you know, you don’t have to do both. If you can only do one, that’s fine!

-Katja

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Katja R.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Rydel:

Rydel1

Katja R
    @katja-r

@theswordinthebook

Rydel again:

Rydel 2

claire
    @claire-h

@katja-r

Yes, I think he is mentioned… I’m not sure of every instance, but there are cards you can get in one portion of the musuem. Each one has a bio of a crew member of the USS Cobia (his submarine). So yeah, his name is Vance Combs.

I’ll have to try to get back to you about the questions! 🙂

it just blooms.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

Thanks! I’m definitely going to see if I can go to the museum.

Could I use his first name in my story?

Take your time. I appreciate it!!

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

Hey Claire,

Did your grandpa know Seaman Huston Ralph Clark Jr.? I found a picture of some stuff from the USS Cobia and it says he died. It had a picture of his funeral on the sub.

I was doing a little research on the Cobia.

I am super interested in learning more about your grandpas interaction in WWII.

-Katja

claire
    @claire-h

@katja-r

Could  I use his first name in my story?

Yeah, feel free! 🙂

That’s cool you’ve been doing research! I’d love to send you some more info on him. I will try to do that in the near future. 🙂

Hm, I’m not sure if he knew Huston Ralph Clark Jr. It’s been awhile since I’ve read his journal.

it just blooms.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

Hey Claire!

Sorry, I hope this question isn’t to awkward, but is your grandpa still alive? I’ve been talking like he is, but I don’t know.

Thanks, I’ll look for your posts!!

And I have the name I’ll be using: Vance Meckel, his wife is Eliza and he has 4 kids. So far I’ve only come up with 2 names and a possible third. Annie, Eddie(Edward) and possibly Victoria?

I was looking up common names during the 1900’s and it said this: 22,000 girls were named Mary, 38,000 were named Florence, Victoria had 800, and Pretoria was another common name. I’m trying to decide what to name her…There is also one more boy that needs to be names. So yeah, trying to come up with names. 😀

Oh, my characters are mostly British, but Vance is American. He met Eliza…somehow, haven’t really decided.

-Katja

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest