fb

Hey!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    claire
    @claire-h

@katja-r

I can completely relate to how you push yourself! I started late too, so I’ve kinda done the same thing. It’s rewarding to see how fast you can progress if you work hard!

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestiong online lessons! I actually been watching a lot of YouTube videos on tension, since I’ve been struggling with that lately. I’ve been taking the time to slow down and work on techniques like vibrato and colรจ.

That’s awesome that you’ve been having fun working on your story! What sparked your imagination to start it? Mine kind of evolved out of a short story assignment from six years ago!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

Hey Melody,

That’s so cool what your music school does. My church has something similar. It’d be so cool to attend one of those camps. Do they take place in Wisconsin? If they do, maybe I could go and meet you! Are there any age restrictions?

It was nice to meet you!!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h

Hey Claire,

Yeah, sometimes the best cheerleader can be yourself. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have other awesome cheerleaders. ๐Ÿ˜‰

No problem. And yes, my teacher would always tell me to slow down. I rush all the time.

Hmmm, well I started writing seriously around 9 months ago. My interest in writing also started with an assignment. As far as what sparked it, I’m not really sure. I think it was mostly that I read other books I liked and I wanted to write something similar.

If you want I could share a little bit of my story if you tell me how to post it…

What is your story about? I know you said you are just planning it, but still I’d love to hear about it.

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@claire-h @arindown

Hey,

You both said you are drawing. Would any of you be interested in drawing a character for me?

I have pictures I got online of what I want them to kinda look like.

Let me know if you guys are interested.

-Katja

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Sure! I’d love to give it a try. I’ll do it in pencil, if that’s okay with you.

Also, I think you can start a new topic somewhere (might have to talk to someone else about this) and then you could post your story there, and people could give you feedback.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’d love to read it.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Ok. Do you just want me to send you the pictures I want them to kinda look like? And pencil is fine

Thanks. I’ll look into it.

-Katja

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Sure, send me the pictures, and maybe a quick bio, and I’ll give it my best shot.๐Ÿ˜„

Not all those who wander are lost.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Hey Grace,

This is my character I start out with in my story. Her name is Alyce and she’s shy, has brown hair, a birthmark on the right side of her face, and I’m thinking green eyes. If you want to read my first chapter, I posted it on the forum in the fantasy section. I have a picture of what I kinda want her to look like, but a few things will need to change.

1. I want her shirt to be a bit more modest, not so showy.

2. I think I want her to have green eyes.

3. The picture has her with an pirate outfit and she has an earring. I want her outfit to be different, but I haven’t really decided what. Oh, and I don’t want her to have her ears pierced.

4. Her hair I don’t think I want as long, but I like that it’s layered.

5. For some reason I feel like the picture makes her ears really big. I don’t know why, but don’t draw them as big. ๐Ÿ˜€

Just let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks!

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

Alyce

Here is Alyce, Like I said, I don’t want the same outfit she is wearing.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@josiah

Hey Josiah,

I finally gathered up my courage and joined. Thank you so much for encouraging me to be on the forum. It’s a lot more fun than I thought. ๐Ÿ˜€

-Katja

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

So sorry I can’t, the spam filter eats anything with a link in it! I tried! Not sure why you can’t find it, just go to the fantasy writers group then go to forums and scroll down just a little bit. It should be right there, I posted it a week ago!

Hope you can find it! Maybe I’ll just tag you in it and it will notify you!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love you guys!

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@katja-r

Katja,

yes. If you came you would be put in a specific group just for your level of the violin. It is a very helpful and instructive week (and tiring lol)

I am not sure when we will be hosting them this summer due to the virus and the restrictions set in place but maybe I can get back to you on that.

-Mel

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Katja R
    @katja-r

@beth20

Hey Beth,

I think I found it. Or at least your second chapter. Oh, and I posted my story in the forum. I created a new topic and you should be able to read it. Let me know what you think.

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

Hey Melody,

Yeah let me know if it happens this summer. I’d love to attend. ๐Ÿ˜€

-Katja

claire
    @claire-h

@katja-r

I’ll have to check out the part of your story you posted! ๐Ÿ™‚

My fantasy is about a girl named Emory. She has a twin sister, Amara, and they are the heirs to the kingdom of Faran. When tragedy strikes and the queen, their mother, dies from a sudden illness, Amara takes over the kingdom, even though their mother had left it to them both to rule together. It’s a long story, but Emory ends up leaving the capitol, and lives in an out of the way village. She’s happy with her life until she hears of the outrages her sister has been committing and her conscience is pricked to do something about it.

Phew! That was a long intro to my story. ๐Ÿ˜›

@melodyjoy

That camp sounds like a lot of fun!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest