fb

Hey!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Katja R
    @katja-r

If life was perfect and everybody got what they wanted, I would be a fiery redhead who was amazing at everything and never had a challenge to big for her. Unfortunately that’s not what I am. I am a skinny blonde who has a friendly outgoing personality. I can be very nice. If I want. However if you do anything to offend me, watch out! I can be pretty mean if you do something to upset me.

I spend most of my time daydreaming and basically wasting time.

Awhile back, I had to write a short story for an assignment. And while I had story assignments before, this one in particular grasped my attention. It was then, while working on this project, that I fell in love. No, not with a guy, but with story writing. Ever since than I have become even more consumed with daydreams and have turned into a horrible procrastinator. Only God can help me break out of these bad habits.

Currently I am working on a fantasy story that includes fighting, heroes, and an evil guy. Yeah, that’s kinda the platform for all stories. So I have challenged myself to write something that everyone else writes, but make it thrilling and unique in it’s own way. So far it’s not bad, but it’s not amazing. There is still work to be done, and of course I will have to improve it.

When looking for me, you will probably find me either traveling the world in a book, or laughing at nothing with my friends.

If I had to share my life quote in story writing, it would be this: β€œThere is only one plot-things are not what they seem.” I love to change things so suddenly people didn’t even see it coming.

Anyways, I hope to meet some really awesome people who can help me improve my writing.

-Katja

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Katja R.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Eitan
    @eitan

Hello @katja-r ! It’s an amazing place to grow as a writer and as a Christian.

Are you Russian? Katja is a Russian name, after all. If so, how did you become a Christian (Russia isn’t a very evangelical country…)? If you’re not, just ignore my question πŸ˜‰

Pray over your writing, and even if your story will not be the best, God will use it. I’ll pray for you πŸ™‚

How old are you?

From where do you come, and what’s interesting there?

What’s your current Bible study, who is your favorite Bible hero (besides Jesus, of course) and what is your favorite book / chapter (that’s hard to pick one, we know).

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Katja R
    @katja-r

Hey!

Actually my name is Finish. My great-grandma was Finish so I got a name that was from her background. I’m sure my name could also be from Russia. Or at least a lot of people say that. I was saved when I was four. Oh, and I’m in the U.S.Β  πŸ™‚

Thanks for your prayers!

I’m younger than 20 but older than 13. Lol.

I live in Wisconsin. Umm…not much. My life can be boring sometimes. That’s kinda why I continued writing, I needed to make something interesting. Although, I come from a family with a bunch of siblings so they help me not go too crazy. (Though I already am pretty crazy, but yeah)

My church group just finished a study in John. As far as favorite Bible hero…I’m not sure. I haven’t decided yet. They are lots of awesome heroes in the Bible. My favorite chapter would be more like my life chapter. That’s Proverbs 31. My mom always read me that chapter when I was a kid and it’s stuck with me.

It was nice meeting you!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@katja-r

Hey!

Nice to meet you! I’m Beth, 13 and a lover of music, reading, and (obviously writing!) I hope you’ll find this site as helpful as I do! The other peoples here give very helpful critique so if you ever wanted to post something you’ve written I’m sure you’d get helpful feedback! I’d love to hear more about your writing!

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

Katja R
    @katja-r

Hey Beth!

Nice to meet you! Do you play any instruments?

I have found this site very helpful. I will share something eventually, I’m a little shy about sharing my work. Maybe soon. πŸ™‚

What kind of stories have you written?

Thanks for reaching out!!

-Katja

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@katja-r

Hey!

I am learning the guitar but not very good yet lol!

Yeah no pressure, just saying we’re always here to give feedback!

I am writing a fantasy book called Ninjanaria! If you want to read the first couple of chapters. I posted them on here! Oh, but if you read the first chapter don’t read the actual one I posted read the revised one in the comments!

I also write some short stories! I’ve posted some of those on here also!

-Beth

P.S. When you reply to someone you should say @so and so or otherwise they won’t be notified and might not see it! So like my tag is @beth20 and Eitan’s is @eitan . Just something to watch out for haha!

Katja R
    @katja-r

@beth20

Hey Beth,

That’s cool!

Thanks, I think I will share soon. (If someone asks.) πŸ™‚

Ok. I’ll look for your story.

Thanks, for telling me…I just tried…I’m not sure if I did it.

-Katja

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Yep, it worked! Okay yeah, I posted it in the Fantasy Group!

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Hey! Welcome.

Just so you know, you did a way better job of introducing yourself than I did.😁

How far are you in your story? I just passed 34 thousand words, and I have to say, I’m a bit proud of myself. I’ve never made it this far before.πŸ˜† Also, I really like how you said you wrote like everyone else, you just wanted to make it unique. That’s how I feel also. Kind of the idea of telling ancient stories and truths in a new way.😊

How many siblings do you have? Hopefully that’s not too personal. I have 10, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.πŸ˜‰

– Gracie

Not all those who wander are lost.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Hey Gracie,

Thanks! I wrote it yesterday and finally convinced myself to post it.

Uh, I’m only on the fourth chapter. I started it this past month.

I know, I had really good ideas from other books I read, but I didn’t want to copy them. Since it had read the same concepts in other books I liked, I decided to do something similar.

I have 4. Two older brothers and a younger sister and brother. Personally, I think they are the best, craziest siblings a person could EVER have!! And wow! 10 is a lot of people!

-Katja

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Siblings are the best.😁 I love just knowing that no matter what happens, they’re always on my team.😊 Yeah, 10 is a lot. But the more the merrier, right? I counted my sister-in-law in that number, so originally I had 9.

Congratulations on getting to Chap. 4!!! It might seem weird, but I count every chapter as an accomplishment worth celebrating. I’m one step closer.πŸ˜†

I pull ideas out of all kinds of books (and movies). I try to disguise them though, so nobody knows where I got the inspiration.πŸ˜‰

Katja R
    @katja-r

@beth20

Hey Beth,

Thank you!! I will check it out.

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Yeah! Where are you positioned in your number of siblings. Like youngest, middle, etc.

Thanks. I am proud of myself when I get a chapter done too. My goal for this book is 14 chapter, so 10 left to go.

Yes I do the same. I try to keep it a secret though where I got my ideas. People think I’m smarter then. Lol.

-Katja

Katja R
    @katja-r

@beth20

Hey Beth,

I looked in the fantasy group and didn’t see your story. Did you post it awhile ago or recently?

Thanks!

-Katja

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

I’m kinda right smack in the middle of my sibling line-up. It’s a great place to be, because I never have to jump into things without having someone else do it first, but I never end up being the last either.πŸ˜„ I guess you kinda know how that feels.

How long are your chapters? Mine are usually 2 or 3 pages long…which is plenty long for me.πŸ˜†

Yeah, my brilliant, copied ideas…😝 Do you ever copy characters off of real people that you know? How my MC (main character) looks was copied off of someone I saw, but I won’t tell my sisters who it was, because that would be weird.πŸ˜‚

– Gracie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest