fb

Hey y'all!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gracelyn Buckner
    @gracelynbuckner

Hey there!

My name’s Gracelyn Buckner, and I’m a writer and blogger living in the mountains of western North Carolina. I write mostly historical fiction, but I do have a few contemporary projects. I was homeschooled for three years, and I’m now a freshman at a local high school. I’m really passionate about music (especially piano),  psychology (especially mental health), writing, history, reading, people, the love of Jesus, and many, many other things. I’m really looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Gracelyn B.

Gracelyn Buckner

I, David
    @i-david

Hello there, probable person! It is I, David, coming over to say hi in a strange and random fashion!

So, uh, yeah. Hi! *Waves while hovering off the ground indefinitely*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gracelynbuckner

Howdy there! Welcome to Story Embers.

I am Wordsmith… a homeschooled boy who really likes writing and and is a blogger of short stories.

What do you think of highschool? Being homeschooled all the way up through to the end of high (I’m in my last year), I’d love to hear what a homeschooler thinks of public school. 🙂

Oh! Mental health? Have you heard of Dr. Peter Breggin?

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Welcome!! I’m passionate about piano too! I blog about music and writing. Where and what do you blog? Do you play by ear or read notes? Also, who’s your favorite pianist? Mine is Erin Bates.

Yay, you live in NC!! I live here too! In Archdale.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@gracelynbuckner Welcome! I write his-fic too!  You could come talk to some other hi-fic writers on our historical fictioners topic if you like.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Gracelyn Buckner
    @gracelynbuckner

@i-david Hi there!

@wordsmith
    Hey there! Oh, homeschooling is better, in many ways, but public school also has its benefits. There’s just a lot more problems in public school, but in some ways, our district is worse than many others. No, I haven’t, I’ll have to look him up. Pleasure to “meet” you!

@parker
    Hi! Oh, that’s really cool! I looked up some of your piano videos and they’re amazing. I blog at: gracelynbuckner.wordpress.com. Most of my posts are about books and writing, but there’s some other random stuff in there too. I can play by ear, but my piano teacher for the past six years wanted me to stick to sheet music. But next week, I start with another teacher, and she’s going to teach me more about playing by ear. Hmm…I’m not sure, but Erin Bates is really great! Yay, another North Carolinian!

@ashira
    Hey there! Oh, that’s cool! I might join that discussion. 🙂

Gracelyn Buckner

Hedges
    @h-jones

Welcome! 🙂 So glad yo have you! Do you know your MBTI?

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@gracelynbuckner Nice to meet you! Curious, how do you like public school compared to homeschool? 🙂 One of my friends, a life-long homeschooler, started at a public school in tenth grade, hah, so I just find it interesting. 😀 All your interests are fascinating. I see you like music; do you like music to listen to, as well? If so, what artists do you like best? 🙂 What’s your favorite time period to write historical fiction on? I echo @h-jones because I love hearing what people’s MBTI types are. XD

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gracelynbuckner

Okay! Would you care to share the advantages of public school? Schooling and learning is something that interests me greatly.

Do you have any WIP’s right now?

Gracelyn Buckner
    @gracelynbuckner

@h-jones Nice to meet you too! I’m an INFJ, but I sometimes classify as an INTJ.

@hgm_barnes18
    If I had a choice, I would probably be homeschooled. Also, I go to the local public STEM school, which is a bit different from a normal high school, but I spend a lot of time at our normal high school. It’s complicated, lol. Oh, my cousin did that too! My aunt actually homeschooled me and both of my cousins. I listen to a lot of Broadway musicals (especially Anastasia, actually just saw it) and a lot of country music. I really like Thomas Rhett. Um…I mostly write historical periods I have an interest in, so Civil War, Russian Revolution, local history, lots of different things. So nice to meet you!

@wordsmith
    One advantage to public school is you get to meet a lot of new people. Not that homeschoolers are unsocialized by any means, I have tons of friends from homeschooling, but it’s a larger scale. Also, I feel like some homeschoolers can be shielded from a lot of problems, so public school shows you a lot of the world’s problems, which I think is important. Yes, actually! I’m working on a contemporary called Of All the Places Called Home and a historical fiction called To Make My Way. 🙂

Gracelyn Buckner

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gracelynbuckner

Okay!

Nice! Those sound fun!

Hedges
    @h-jones

@gracelynbuckner Ooh, nice! That is really cool. Also, in stalking reading your response to @wordsmith, I have to say that both of your story titles really peak my interest. Very cool! What are they about, if you don’t mind sharing?

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Gracelyn Buckner
    @gracelynbuckner

@h-jones Oh, lol. Well, To Make My Way, is a historical fiction novella set in NYC in the ’20s, following a Russian girl and an American millionaire’s son. Of All the Places Called Home is set in Silver Peak, a town based off of my own little town, and it focuses on the goods and bads of my area. 🙂

Gracelyn Buckner

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@gracelynbuckner, awesome!! That’s so cool you looked them up! Thanks! Yes, learn more by ear. Some of the worlds best play by ear. *hints at Erin Bates* I’m biased, but I think she’s the worlds best. Especially on ‘Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee’ and ‘It Is Well With My Soul’.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@gracelynbuckner  A historical fiction writer!!! WELCOME! Your WIP`s sound so cool!

*tackle hugs*

Are you going to join a guild? Did you see the topic for his-fic writers? I will comment in it and tag you… 🙂

@parker
      You like Erin Bates Paine? So do I! How did you find her? Do you follow her family`s blog(s)?! Her piano music is indeed amazing! :_

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest