Hey There!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    E. Grace
    @emgc

@wordsmith

Thank you!

My sister plays the ocarina as well.  It’s a beautiful instrument!

I am sixth out of eight kids in my family- one brother, and seven sisters.  How many siblings do you have?

@noahlitle

Brandon Sanderson is one of my very favorite authors! Which one of his books is your favorite?

@the-fledgling-artist

Your story sounds really neat!  Fantasy is one of my favorite genres.

I am currently writing a multiple-view fantasy novel about a sister and brother who live on a small farm with their adoptive family.  Their quiet life is disturbed when the brother runs away to join a band of mercenaries hired by an organization of nonconformists who are leading an uprising against the government. His little sister is frantic with worry, especially because of the threatening notes she’s been receiving- which concern her brother.

I’m still working out the rest of the outline… but that’s what I’ve got so far.  😊

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@emgc

Cool! Which type does she play?

And I am the fifth out of seven.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Noah Litle
    @noahlitle

@emgc

I recently read The Reckoners Trilogy and loved it. Seriously, Steelheart was amazing.

But my favorite would have to be Warbreaker. I can’t recommend reading it, though. It’s way too… sensual… to put it mildly. won’t even read it again. At least for a while.

Maybe I’ll read it again when I’m “grown up”. 🙂

Until then, Steelheart will have to stand in as my favorite. Not that I’m complaining. I enjoyed reading it a lot… to put it mildly. 🙂

p.s. I only know a little.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@emgc Cool! It sounds like you’re off to a good start. 😉

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

E. Grace
    @emgc

@josiah

Thanks! 😊

Well, the last story I finished was about a father and daughter who crash land on a desert island inhabited by a deadly monster that the daughter must defeat to save the life of her dying father.  It’s an allegorical story, and the monster represents the girl’s fear.

@wordsmith

She plays the 12-hole ocarina. 🙂

@noahlitle

I’ve just started reading The Reckoners Trilogy.  I like it so far.

But my personal favorite of his is probably Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians. (Though I suppose it might be little too crazy for some people… 😊)

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@emgc

Oh neat! I play an inline, ten hole, Mountain Ocarina. It’s not being produced any more, and it was made only within the past twenty five-ish years (I don’t know that number for sure. Went out of production several years ago too), so you will have a lot of trouble finding one, if at all. And when you do, it will probably be really expensive.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Noah Litle
    @noahlitle

@emgc

Alcatraz was super fun. The only thing I didn’t like about it was how often he negated reality. I suppose the story demanded that a little bit, but I think he went overboard with it.

That won’t stop me from reading the rest of the series though. 🙂

p.s. I only know a little.

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@emgc Got it. 🙂 Are most of your stories allegorical?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

E. Grace
    @emgc

@wordsmith

Cool! A lady at my church plays one on the worship team sometimes. Didn’t realize they weren’t being produced anymore, though… So how long have you been playing it?  What songs do you like most to play?

@noahlitle

Yeah, I know what you mean… 🙂 But the ending’s great! I hope he’ll write more! 😊

@josiah

Not all of them, but a few of them are.  I really enjoy writing them. 🙂

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@emgc
    That’s amazing! For me to tell you how long I’ve been playing would be hard with an exact number… but I’ll try.

I got the ocarina when I was nine-ish (I think…), and never got any good at it for several years, because I wasn’t consistent enough with it, and I didn’t have a teacher. But over the past five years, somehow I got proficient enough to start playing by ear (weakly). Just this spring I picked it back up after a while of not playing, and realized that I could actually play by ear. I’m not amazing with it, but can play by ear, and am improving. I don’t read music yet… but it’s on my list.

The song I am best at, and I play around with tonguing techniques and speed on is a song I learned by singing in The Book of Psalms for Singing… though I don’t remember it’s number/letter.

Christmas carols are catchy, and I can remember them more easily, so you may hear me playing those in the middle of the summer. I also really like playing A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Buddy J..

Writerforever
    @writerforever

Hi everyone!

Technically I’ve been with Story Embers for a little while, but I haven’t been actively here until recently. I don’t think I’ve introduced myself either for that matter. Well, here it goes….. I’m Hope and I’m a writer and artist.  I’m a child of the King. I love to write and draw. I crazy about the medieval period and have wanted a sword for very long time. (I only just got one this year) I love daggers, bows, and swords. I LOVE castles. I’ve visited so many I can’t remember them all.  I hope to grow as a writer  and to write some meaningful work.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest