fb

Hey There Fellow Wanderer!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey There Fellow Wanderer!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bekk
    @bekks2017

Hey!

So,*cough* I’m horrible at introductions but I’ll give it a go. My name is Rebekah (otherwise know as Bekks, Bekah, and spicy morsel. XD) I’m a historical fiction author who is co-authoring with K.E. Stanton on a realistic fantasy novel. I am a lover of words and reading, I can read a book a day and can never get enough.

My first novel, The Reluctant Assassin has been so healing for me to write as I wrote it when I was going through a hard time with health issues in my family and myself. It’s a novel dear to my heart, and I am hoping to pursue traditional publication, I will need a lot of help along the way and beta readers here soon so keep an eye out. 😉

I’m a blogger, daughter, and contributor for TCB Media as well as various other sites along with being the assistant manager for The Wilting Rose Project. I have BIG dreams and I’m so excited to learn from my guild-mates and guild masters.

A little-known fact about me is that I am a classically trained singer who can sing opera when I want to. XD

My other hobbies besides writing are, playing piano, ukulele, guitar, reading books about theology, cooking, baking, I dabble in coding, and love to encourage others.

I think that about sums me up *winks* I would love to get to know y’all better so I’m going to post a spicy, spicy question and see how y’all respond. Ready? Okay, 1, 2, 3…GO!

If you were a character in a book, how would you describe yourself to others? 

Just a writer reaching for the stars.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@bekks2017 Welcome to Story Embers! I enjoyed reading your introduction. You sound like an intriguing person. 😉

What a fantastic and fun question! 😎 I’m going to answer with how my dearest friend once described me during a late-night texting conversation: “the most un-level-headed, analytical person in existence.” I’m basically a paradox. I’ve taken the personality test several times over the last few years, and I fluctuate between being an INFJ and an INTJ. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m somehow a fusion of both, because I have character traits from each type.

How would you describe yourself if you were a character in a book?

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@bekks2017, for being bad at introductions, that was a good introduction. 😉 The Reluctant Assassin sounds like, awesomely cool. I love it when a book can mean so much to you like that. And hey, if you need any extra betas, I am a bookworm/story lover hybrid. Well, at least, I can’t stop reading when I have a good book, and my mind dwells on stories for far too long.

So, what are some are your favorite books? To read, I mean.😉

Oh, boy. *glances around nervously* I knew someone was going to ask this question sooner or later. Only, I was planning on that person being me. 🙂

*takes a big breath* Well, to a person who just met me I would be, “an awkward girl who looks all around, talks quietly to her brother only, and whose eyes sometimes stare at nothing for no reason what so ever.” Sad, isn’t it?

But…(still hope) If you did know me you might think, “a friend, who likes to go on and on about annoying little things, who is a little bit of a perfectionist, and who, when she has an awesome idea, stares at nothing for a while right before getting excited and telling you what it is.” Wow, I guess that’s not much better.

At least, that’s probably what people think of me in a sentence. I’ve never had anybody describe myself to me, so… I could be a little off.

Someone did say the were going to nickname me “Smiley” because they thought I smiled so much. So, I can’t be all that bad. 🙂 Who knows. I do believe I am in a delema.

Well, it was nice to meet you Bekks! And I like your profile pic.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Filewriter.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@bekks2017 Hi! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), give you a hearty handshake! 🦖🙂

Baking is one of my favorite hobbies! What are some of your favorite things to bake?

Hmmm….that’s an interesting question. If I had to describe myself it would probably be: “a girl so small and quiet she could perhaps be mistaken for a pixie. Wherever she turned, she would shed some of her pixie dust (or glitter) and drown the world around her in color.” 🙂🦋

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Olivia Giordano
    @livgiordano

@bekk2017 Welcome, welcome, welcome dearest!!!

A little-known fact about me is that I am a classically trained singer who can sing opera when I want to. XD

How did I not know this??? Wow. That’s seriously awesome, but I had no idea.

And…the question. XD. You’re throwing it right back at me. This is extremely tough. Oh dear….

“The quiet and sensible girl who always wants things done a certain way, trying to keep the rest of the world orderly. She has a head full of dreams, and likes to commit to way too many things, and reads every good book she can lay her hands on. But beneath all of that, what she really wants is to just spread a little bit of light into the darkness, and show the world that there’s something worth living for.”

I love that you ended up going with “The Reluctant Assassin.” That title fits so well.

ISFJ / Poet / Realistic Fiction / TCK
    https://livforhim.wordpress.com/

Bekk
    @bekks2017

@filewriter Hehe, thank you. I’m glad it went over well. 😉 You sounds so interesting and I’m glad we are in the same guild together, I look forward to getting to know you better. Don’t worry about not looking at anyone, I do that too, and then when they look away I stare at them and try and get in their head. Creepy right? XD

Bekk
    @bekks2017

@briannastorm Aww, thank you. I try, but really my life is pretty mundane. Lol. 😉 I love that description, and even though I haven’t known you for a super long time, I think that it fits quite well. 🙂 *cough* Btw, I’m considering hiring you as a final proofreader for my novel. *grins* Just thought I would get that into the open because once I say something, I’m 10x more likely to do it.

Bekk
    @bekks2017

@livgiordano *laughs awkwardly* Suprise? I even took a class with a famous opera singer and she thought I had a great ear for music. 😉 Yeah, me too! My mom helped me. 🙂 Also, the description? On par! *cheers* Thanks for the warm reception dear! <3

Bekk
    @bekks2017

@mariposa Thank you!*hugs* In response to your question, I love to bake…anything! Cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. but with a healthy spin. 😉 Great description, so beautiful! What are your favorite things to bake?

Bekk
    @bekks2017

I would describe myself as “Shy, but loud. There, but not. Sassy, but respectful. Intuitive, and emotional.” That was bad but oh well. XD

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@bekks2017. Yeah, I am so excited about being guildmates too. Especially since I might know you from somewhere else in cyberspace. I think we are following each other on Spotify. Do you have Spotify, or am I thinking of someone else? I don’t really want to say what my username on there is, but I am the one with the “Classified”, ” The Greatest Showman”, and “Writing Inspiration” playlists. If you don’t know what I am talking about, just ignore me. But… If you do… Creepy. Wait, do you know Liv in real life?

I often stare at random people and try to see what they are thinking also. I try not to look at them for a long time but… Yes, creepy. I actually should probably stop doing that, but it’s hard when you know that they all have a story that you don’t know about.

I look forward to getting to know you to, so I should probably stop talking about weird things like following you on Spotify and staring at random people.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Olivia Giordano
    @livgiordano

@bekks2017 @filewriter I know her…but not irl. XD.

Okay, filewriter, this might make you remember her: She’s one of the authors of Crowned. Ohh. *has just rung a bell* I know who’s the one who follows you on Spotify. It’s Kiki, the other writer of Crowned, who I’ve also told you a ton about. And she’s the one who made the Classified cover  for you. 😉

It’s awesome that you two are in the same guild…but I’m not. *wails* Oh well…because there are some awesome people in my guild as well. And I think you’ll have fun getting to know each other more.

ISFJ / Poet / Realistic Fiction / TCK
    https://livforhim.wordpress.com/

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@bekks2017 That’s fantabulous! 😎 How long is your novel?

Is Story Embers the first place you happened across me as an editor, or did you hear about me from some other source? I’m a member of YWW, but I’m not very active due to time constraints, so I can’t imagine you’ve bumped into me there. 😛 I’m always curious how people come to find and hire me, because I don’t do much marketing.

I love the description you wrote of yourself, by the way: “Shy, but loud. There, but not. Sassy, but respectful. Intuitive, and emotional.” That could easily fit me too. I’m shy, quiet, and reserved in most settings, but I can be loud, excitable, and oh-so-sassy when I’ve truly gotten comfortable with someone. 😉

Now I have to ask: what personality type are you? 🙂

Bekk
    @bekks2017

@briannastorm My novel is about 440 pages long and around 92-93ish words. 🙂 I happened to come across you two years ago when I found KP and your social button was on the bottom of the homepage, and, naturally, I had to check it out. Your the only editor I’ve found whose felt ‘right’ and are the only person I can see editing my novel, so kudos to you because you’ve ruined other editors for me because they don’t have your flair. 😉 <3

My personality type? *thinks* Oh yes! I’m The Advocate, otherwise, know as an INFJ-T. *grins* What is yours?

Filewriter
    @filewriter

Oh, OK. Thanks @livgiordano. I thought that @bekks2017 was the Rebekah from Crowned but I didn’t want to say the title out loud just in case. So… Yeah, sorry Bekks.☺

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest