Hey, peeps! Socially awkward Mayacat has arrived

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey, peeps! Socially awkward Mayacat has arrived

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Mayacat
    @mayacat

Um, hello all!

Call me Mayacat if you want. πŸ™‚

*whispers hurriedly* @esmeralda-gramilton, @Urwen-starial, get over here pleaaasseeee XD

I love to: write, read, dance, act, sing, write lyrics, draw, paint, make references to books/movies/songs whenever possible, TBoL-ify memes, take care of animals, break the fourth wall, and hang out with my friends!

I dislike: having to constantly fix the fourth wall after my peer editor breaks it (hypocritical, I know), strong smells (they give me headaches), awkward silences (caw caw caw), and making people upset.

I like a lot of music, such as Christian pop, contemporary, and worship, K-pop and Mando-pop, Classical for dance, and some soft pop and regular pop.

At dance, I take classical, contemporary, and modern ballet, and at home I do a little bit of urban/hip hop. but just a little bit.

Also, my characters like to take over my laptop sometimes, and a few of them are friends with @urwen-starial and esmeralda-gramilton ‘s characters. Say hi, Kenma.

Kenma: Hi everyone!!! I’m Kenma Lee, I’m fifteen years old, I’m Bonded with my wolf partner, Sol, I do have a tail, if you were wondering, my hair is orange, my eyes are gold, Maya’s my almost birthday buddy, and Mayacat is my birthday buddy, I dislike horror, my best friend’s name is Rin, pronounced: Reen, I have an adopted younger sister named Sunmi, I’m pretty sure Kirat was based off of me, and I’m not talking to him right now because he didn’t show up for kareoke night because he was too busy hiding away away from Urwen and her SE friends and plotting Urwen’s death, so I’m really reallyΒ mad at him right now, I love love love people, oh! and I’m from Emorith!!!!

Kenma: *nearly dies of asphyxiation*

Wow. I just told you to say hi.

Rin: I’ll take care of him.

Thank you, Rin. So yeah. Don’t be surprised if that happens. Kenma’s very excitable, and has a very bubbly personality, but I think the rest of them are pretty normal.

Tasha: *from the back room* Except Lunic!

Lunic: HEY!!

*cough cough* but yes, I hope we can get along, and I sincerely apologize for the long introduction. I think Kenma’s speech doubled the size.

~Mayacat~

"Patience," Dakoat said, "is a virtue. But you are correct."

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@mayacat *looks over list of things you like* *nods* I think we shall get along.

Konnichiwa! *cough* Sorry. Hello! (Japanese is a random obsession of mine.)

Sorry, as soon as you mentioned breaking the fourth wall, my first thought was Kirat. I’ve gotten to know him pretty well here and have enjoyed sitting back and being amused at both him and his failures in turn. Don’t tell him I said that. I need to stay alive to finish my revisions of the first WIP I’ve finished in years.

Ah! I should bring in my children to meet thee and thine! Children!

Tai: *slides in with as much drama as he can muster, which is a lot* I heard my name?

Dari: I mean, I heard her calling for lunatics. So yeah, I guess.

*fistfight ensues* *they actually are friends, I promise*

Me: Guys, where’s Kiet?

Dari: Um. . .

Tai: *shrugs with his fist still in Dari’s ear*

Dari: I don’t think I’ve seen him since. . .

Me: *sighs* Since he left for Cat Island, Japan. Excuse me for one moment.

***returns five minutes later***

Kiet: *runs in with six cats hanging off of him* What’s going on??? Naiya said it was an emergency!

Me: *guiltily* I’m sorry Kiet. . . I might have kind of lied. . . but there was no other way I was going to get you here.

Kiet: *glares at me* *then shrugs and pulls a cat off his head and rubs its forehead* So what’s really going on?

Me: *gestures to la newcomer*

Kiet: Oh, hi! I’m Kiet. I’m–

Me: *hugs him* He’s my cinnamon roll!

Kiet: *blushes wildly* Well, I mean–

Me: Anyway, I have others, but they’ll join us later.

Oh, and I believe @caseybold is a K-pop fan, too! I’m more into J-pop myself, but hey, we’ll take similarities where we get them.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@maycat

Welcome to the wonderful land of Emberia!!

If you ever have any questions, just let me know!

Your characters sound awesome and I’m pretty sure I love them already. XP

Music is epic! I love reading, writing, drawing, singing, referencing, role playing, boardgames, and acting stuff out as my charries! Breaking the 4th wall is pretty fun, too. *yells into distance* EVERYBODY SAY HI.

*characters collectively chorus “hi”*

What’s your current WIP about? What’re your favorite genres to read and write?

My favorite to write is speculative fiction. Reading… probably the same, actually. XP

"You can dance with my henchman."

Violet
        @pookiemonster

Hi! Welcome to Story Embers.πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€
        I love how your characters interact. Mine are really sarcastic towards one another, but in a “we’ve been friends for a long time.” kind of way. πŸ™‚Β  So many people on here have such vibrant characters, and more than a few that take over peoples computers. So i think you’ll fit right in here.πŸ˜„

What books do you like to read? Do you have a favorite book?
        What’s your favorite genre to write?
        Do like Star Wars?

Sorry for all the questions.Here have some doughnuts ヽ(α΅”α—œα΅”)οΎ‰πŸ© 🍩 🍩 🍩

Just remember to... Trust in God, Stay Safe, and Eat Doughnuts 🍩🍩

Mayacat
        @mayacat

@naiya-dyani Annyeonghaseyo!Β  I’d love to be friends.

I have yet to find a J-pop group I’ve consistently listened to, so recommendations are welcome!

Children, come hither! (by the way, Kenma is my favorite baby (don’t tell the others lol) and I’ve started a Protect Kenma Campaign if you or any of your characters are interested in joining XD)

I think Kenma’s still passed out from earlier too. So yeah. Guys!

Rin: Hello. I’m Rin Amber. Please don’t bother me.

Niri: Don’t mind Rin. He’s just like that. Hi! I’m Niri Kendallynn. It’s nice to meet you guys. I think you’ll all get along with the rest of our children well.

Rin: I’m not the dad!

Niri: *sigh* Yes, you are. *shakes head in apology* We’ve been officially elected the platonic parents of the group.

Tasha: Mom! *stops* Oh, hi! I’m Tasha Dawn! It’s nice to make your acquaintance, and i hope we can become god friends!

Kenin: *scoffs* Princess. You know you don’t have to be so formal all the time.

Maya: Shush. You’re so annoying Kenin. Hi guys. I’m Maya. Just Maya. That annoying, immature, insufferable child over there is Kenin Krysindom.

Kenin:Β Excuse me???

*Maya and Kenin start fighting*

*blur drops from ceiling*

Lunic: Hi!

Niri: *screams* Lunic! can’t you do anything normally??

Lunic: nope! I think I’m going to like you guys.

Niri: and last but not least, the other co-parent. or maybe he’s more like the younger uncle… anyway!

Blake: I’m just the mature one. Hello. I’m Blake Farle.

Me: Okay, I think that’s everyone. agahgah!! Maya, you’re suffocating Kenin!

Maya: I know. He called me Kitty Cat again, which he knows is strictly forbidden. he knows the consequences!

Me: Okay, I have to go prevent a murder. Again, nice to meet you! *sprints as fast as possible to Maya and Kenin*

Mayacat
          @mayacat

@pookiemonster , Hi!

Thanks, my characters are something else, that’s for sure.

I love fantasy fiction, sci-fi, and adventure a lot.

Right now, my favorite book is Heartless by Marissa Meyer. (Sneakily slides a book recommendation in here)

My favorite writing genres are fantasy, Adventure, Sci-fi, Post-Apocalyptic, and Dystopian.

And I haven’t watched Star Wars yet TT-TT I really want to though!

I love to answer questions, so you’re fine!

Mayacat
            @mayacat

@kari_karast , Hello! Thank you for the welcome!

Hi guys! My characters are super excited to meet everyone as well!

My favorite writing genres are fantasy, Adventure, Sci-fi, Post-Apocalyptic, and Dystopian. I think that’s all of them. XD I think it’s pretty much the same with reading. I also love remastered fairytales, like Ella Enchanted and The Lunar Chronicles.

I currently have two main WIPs, and a couple of side things. The first one is called The Bonds of Life, or TBoL, which is the ones that my characters on here are from.

Basically, it’s about these six teens who are each from a different region in Teilwng (their earth) and are called together by the elder of one of these cities to form a group and save the earth.

At first, it was heavily inspired by a series called Spirit Animals, but it’s really evolved. There are eighteen Legend Beasts, (kind of like larger than normal, talking guardian animals) which each have a symbol, (a jewel or something like that, that can enhance a person’s abilities when they use it, depending on the animal) and when all the symbols are bound together, they create something called the Eon Staff, which is a staff. That can probably take over the world. That’s kinda important.

These six, (Maya, Niri, Tasha, Blake, Lunic, and Kenin) are tasked with collecting the symbols before the Marked can.

The Marked are a group who serve one of the evil Legend Beasts, the Dragon, Dracos. They’re lead by the mysterious King, who’s identity is unknown. Also, the Marked always seem to know where they are.

I’ll put the link to the first book here, if you’re interested!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14voFJ70JFRcCdc9NZL26I3wsq5ODLLaC4XLtzFIe3ZA/comment#

Mayacat
              @mayacat

@kari-karast

Oh yes, Kenma and Rin are also from TBoL, but they come in later

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

@mayacat

Ooh. Those genres are awesome, and I absolutely LOVE Ella Enchanted, Lunar Chronicles, and Spirit Animals!! (Have you read both Spirit Animals series??)

Your WIP sounds really fascinating, too! I don’t have much time for alphaing at the moment, but I definitely want to read it, so I’ll try and get to it sooner or later! (Hopefully sooner. πŸ˜‰ )

Caseybold
                @caseybold

Hi @mayacat! Welcome to Story Embers πŸ˜€

I'm nobody, Who are you? -Emily Dickinson 뜻이 μžˆλŠ” 곳에 길이 μžˆλ‹€.

Veraza Winterknight
                  @kari-karast

@mayacat Ack! I realized I’d forgotten to actually click on the link to your book so I’d be able to read it later, so I came back and did it, but it says access denied! Do you have Link Sharing on??

Taylor Clogston
                  @taylorclogston

Welcome, Maycat! What kind of animals do you take care of? I’ve had a goldfish tank for the past several years, but my water recently destabilized, killing both my chonky lads :-{ Now I’m trying to decide what to do with the tank.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Urwen Starial
                  @urwen-starial

@mayacat

Hi, good to see you on here!

Kirat: *disappears behind Jin to avoid Kenma*

Jin: *moves over so Kirat’s exposed*

Kirat: *yelps and runs to escape Kenma’s wrath*

Me: πŸ˜“ Sorry Kenma!!!!

Mayacat, I appreciate your attempts at the references, but I prefer crickets. XD

"Sea turtles, mate."

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
                    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@mayacat

Hey! Nice to meet you!!

What do you like to paint?

There’s a thread on here for lyrical poems if you’re interested in sharing some! πŸ™‚ My sis started the thread. Here’s the link: https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/lyrical-poems-are-welcome-here/

You can't live for long living for nothing- Hector Griffin

Mayacat
                    @mayacat

@kari-karast

sorry, I didn’t have it on, since I tend not to, but this link should work here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14voFJ70JFRcCdc9NZL26I3wsq5ODLLaC4XLtzFIe3ZA/edit?usp=sharing

also, this book is going through some serious redrafting and editing, (it was started over a year ago and my writing was atrocious back then XD) and I’ve only gotten through, I think chapter ten.

So comments and suggestions for revisions are most welcome!! I love constructive criticism, and I feel it’s important to have other people reading and looking out for those kinds of things too.

I hope you enjoy it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest