fb

Hey, give your queen some ideas

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Hey, give your queen some ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @snapper

Hello Emberlings,

This is your amazing, awe-inspiring Queen Dragon de la Snapper speaking. As my minions, I figured you all would be honored to help me.

So, recently I received an email from a little thing called Z Publishing. They asked if I would be interested in submitting some short stories to their anthology that they will be publishing – I plan on doing so.

However, I currently only have 2-3 stories out of the 5 I am allowed to submit. To heighten the chances of getting accepted, I need more …

So… any ideas? Or inspiration? Pictures // music // concepts // anything.

Oh yeah, and on account of plot, it has to be 1250 words or less. Doable, but it’s a very short story we’re looking at. More than one idea//inspiring thing would be awesome too.

@daeus-lamb
    @kate @briannastorm @josiah @gabriellepollack @jenwriter17 @morreafirebird @mariposa @anyone else who sees this, why are the new tags so hard to remember XD KP I NEED YOU!

I’ll also mention that I would prefer it to be sci-fi.

Signed,

Snapper

*melts chair*

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@snapper, oh so you think you’re our queen, aye? Well, we’ll see about that. πŸ˜‰

I did have this one idea that never went anywhere. But I guess it would kind of be a fun thing for you to complete the plot.

Basically, there is this young guy (a lighthearted, redhead, comical relief character) who invents time travel. Um.. Yeah. I was going to have him go and meet this betrothed princess and she was going to be really confused and all this stuff and they had to go onto the top of this mountain or something to get him back to his own time, but you don’t have to do any of that. He’s just thinking he’s a genius and all this, and then he can’t get back. Haha.

OK…

Um,I also had this idea for realistic fiction, but I think you could turn into sci-fi. So, there is this author, and she publishes a book under a pen name. And her pen name turned out to belong to like this spy who was dead. So the enemy wants to get her because they think she is this spy lady who knows stuff about them, and then the good guys want to get her and find out why she faked her death, all while she is wondering why all these people are after her. I don’t know. That might be too much for a short story, but you could make out short probably.

If you need any more ideas, tell me, give me twenty four hours, and come back here. I should come up with something.

Oh, and there is always place for a spoiled duke’s daughter who is almost killed by her mind controlled bodyguard

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@snapper *bows low* I would be honored to be of assistance, my queen πŸ˜‰

So…do you want some picture prompts? I’ve found a lot of good ones on Pinterest if you want to see a few.

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@snapper Quick note: I wouldn’t commit to this publishing company right off the bat. I just looked them up and, while they are legit from what I’ve read, I’m doubting you would any accreditationΒ or significant compensation from publishing with them. I doubt it’s a huge deal, but if you have a story to publish, there might be better places to look. Just a thought.

πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘
    πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Snapper
    @snapper

@filewriter Thanks for the ideas! πŸ˜€

@jenwriter17
    Basically any that is remotely close to sparking a story. …

@daeus-lamb
    I had that thought at first as well, did some pretty intense research on them as well to make sure it was legit. I know I won’t get any compensation nor much accreditation, but it something I want to do to help build up my following, something I can put up on the social medias, something to say, and something to put on my bio for my book proposal // query. I have no other credentials, and I can do this with little to no cost to me. Thanks for the thought though. πŸ˜€

*melts chair*

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@snapper why is the word count so short?!? *sighs* My ideas might be worthy of full-blown novels, but here they are πŸ˜‰

1. A character must go on a mission to restart the sun

2. The/a world is convinced it doesn’t matter whether it lives or dies, and a character must convince it that everyone needs it to live

3. A character learns he is going to die tomorrow unless he becomes XXX (the world’s best pilot, an amazing scientist, etc.) What does he do?

I’m not sure if all of those are sci-fi; they might be my strange blend of dystopian/fantasy/sci-fi πŸ˜› Best of luck with getting published though =)

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

cowlick
    @cowlick

pinterest is your friend, my good madame. xD i’ll see if i can dig up a few for ya.

toodle-oop

Snapper
    @snapper

@cowlick Thanks!

@morreafirebird

loki

I love the second.

*melts chair*

Anonymous

@snapper Judging by your post, I would say you should definatley write one about yourself.Β  And all your (*cough*) loyal subjects. πŸ˜€

Snapper
    @snapper

@ariel-ashira *hands you cough medicine* Here, don’t cough in the middle of a sentence like that again. One might think you were planning an insurrection. *arches brow* Which I’m sure you weren’t.

*melts chair*

Anonymous

@snapper Oh, that was thoughtful of you.Β  I didnt know you had the heart to give anyone something without it benefitting yourself or covering something up.Β  Which I am sure was not your intention.

Snapper
    @snapper

@ariel-ashira *squints* Of course it benefited me. By giving you the cough medicine, I made it so that you thought I was a nice dragon and therefore you would not try to take over the kingdom.

And you don’t have a cold anymore.

Win win.

*melts your chair*

*melts chair*

Anonymous

@snapper You may cure my cold, but I will not forgive you for melting my chair!Β  *glares*

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@snapper I advise Pinterest as well. πŸ˜›

But I do have some ideas. Maybe you could write a story about two brothers. The younger one accidentally stole the elder brother’s dangerous portal gun and sold it to an alien warlord who’s bent on destroying the human race. Now they have to get it back.

Perhaps write about a Grand Canyon tour guide giving a tour to a person who’s lived on the moon his whole life and has no idea what nature is.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@snapper I advise Pinterest as well. πŸ˜›

But I do have some ideas. Maybe you could write a story about two brothers. The younger one accidentally stole the elder brother’s dangerous portal gun and sold it to an alien warlord who’s bent on destroying the human race. Now they have to get it back.

Perhaps write about a Grand Canyon tour guide giving a tour to a person who’s lived on the moon his whole life and has no idea what nature is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest