fb

Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@wolverinerm

Hey Kassie! Nice to meet you.

What’s the difference between drawing and scribbling anyway? I scribble all the time…and other people call it art.๐Ÿ˜†

I love having cats that just show up.๐Ÿ˜Š I always felt like God gave me my cat (who was a wanderer that I adopted), so it makes it much easier for me to gift people with her kittens (kittens are always hard to part with๐Ÿ˜).

I dabble in everything…except Horror. But mostly, I dream in fantasy (usually without magic), and the lives of kids living in present 2020. I’m also a fan of historical fiction, only I’m not patient enough for the research (hopefully I’ll grow into that).

What sort of contemporary fiction do you write? As in, daily life, adventure, mystery, or something else.

– Gracie

Not all those who wander are lost.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@eitan

Actually, we don’t get hail much here either. If it’s snow, I’ve seen about everything, but hail causes excitement. Do you get snow during the winter where you live?

Oh, David is one of my heroes too. I love how God kinda gave us a guideline for a great book in His redemptive story. He had all the flawed characters, and all the foreshadowing, and everything. I like to call Him the Master Artist (because, after all, writing is an art).

Psalms is a great book. One of my favourite Psalms is Psalm 90:12, “So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom.” It’s just a reminder that we need to live like life is short.

I know it’s hard to choose…but what’s one of your favourite verses?๐Ÿ˜Š

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@arindown

Oh okay lol! Yeah, I love cats, dogs too!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love you guys!

Eitan
    @eitan

@arindown

Do you get snow during the winter where you live?

Once in 7 years. But we get dust storms (have you ever seen a yellowย <b>weather</b>?), and in the summer the temperature might rise up to 104f. In fact, from kindergarten, children are taught how to be ”smart in the sun”ย  – drink a lot, seek for shade, wear hat, smear sunscreen, etc. Personally, twice I’ve been dumb in the sun and got heat strokes (one time, it was combined with dehydration)…

He had all the flawed characters, and all the foreshadowing, and everything. I like to call Him the Master Artist (because, after all, writing is an art).

Well, we all got this passion to write from somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚ I totally agree.

I know itโ€™s hard to chooseโ€ฆbut whatโ€™s one of your favourite verses?

Proverbs 3:5:

”Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.”

I love this verse because it’s so simple, but so true. And since I come from a secular background, the verse seem to me much more… bold.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Eitan
    @eitan

Oh, btw – sorry I didn’t comment it before, but your drawing is really beautiful! I love too pencil drawings (my only writing implement are a mechanic 0.5 pencil and two 0/4 pilot pens, so…).

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@arindown hello there! I seem to be a bit late to this, however I decided to reply anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh my goodness, I love drawing too! I am a traditional artist, though as of late, I have been learning how to do digital art. What are your favorite art mediums to use? I love a good pencil, color can be hard for though, unless it’s paint. Which I love painting! I use Gouache (my favorite paint currently), acrylic, and water color. Also, how long have you been an artist?

I’ve been up north before, but I live in the south! Definitely a Southerner here. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been to New York, and other states around there, but mainly New York. Are you really far up north, or how are you situated in those parts?

I’m still trying to get to know people on here, and kind of work up a friend base. I’ve been on here over a year now, but I wasn’t very active for a long period of time. I’ve been more active as late though!

What grade are you in? I’m finishing up 11th, going into 12th!

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@theswordinthebook

Hey! It’s never to late to make a friend.๐Ÿ˜† Especially if they’re an artist.

I’ve been an artist since…well, since I was born, I guess.๐Ÿ˜‰ For years, pretty much all I drew was horses, but now I’ve expanded my horizon to other creatures.๐Ÿ˜ I haven’t done much of what you might call “real” art (as in, I haven’t really made money off my art), but I’m planning on getting a Graphics Art degree, and actually doing “stuff” in the future.๐Ÿ˜„

What digital art app do you use? I’ve been interested in moving over to digital art, but I haven’t yet. I love pastels (both chalk, and oil), but I do most of my stuff in just regular pencil. I’ve never really tried paint, although I probably should.

What style of art do you prefer? I usually do somewhere right between cartoon, and realistic, and lean one way or the other according to the picture. ย I really admire Joe Sutphin’s work in the Wingfeather Saga.

How far north? Well, it depends which side of the arctic circle you are.๐Ÿ˜„ We live near the Great Lakes, up above Michigan, in Ontario. I’ve actually never been to some of the higher states, or anything on the East Coast, but I’ve been to Virginia, and Texas, and a bunch of “middle” ones. To be honest, I know more, and have been more places in the US than in Canada.๐Ÿ˜

Being homeschooled, I’m somewhere in between 10th and 11th grade.๐Ÿ˜† I usually say 10 though…until it’s “official” that I’m in 11th.

What do you like to do besides art and writing? I love hanging out with my pets (or farm animals), and my siblings, and photography.

Nice meeting you!

– Gracie

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@beth20

Just dropping a note to say that I’m totally flattered you used Jered as your profile picture.โ˜บ๏ธ I hope it looked somewhat like you imagined him.๐Ÿ˜‰

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@arindown

Yes! I love him! Totally how I pictured him!

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@arindown

Yeahhh… guess thereโ€™s a fine line between scribbling and art ๐Ÿ˜

Awww, thatโ€™s so sweet about the kittens!! My catโ€™s fixed, but we always seem to end up with rescue kittens and yeah, itโ€™s hard to give them up, especially when you get attached to them… ๐Ÿฅฐ

Yeah, research with his-fic isnโ€™t my forteโ€”part of the reason I havenโ€™t tried a full-length novel is Iโ€™m worried about messing something historical upโ€”but the research is worth it; I love his-fic.

Okay, so my technical name for it is contemporary war fiction; I write modern-day military stories. Slightly niched thing, but I believe itโ€™s a needed thing and I wouldnโ€™t trade it for the world. ๐Ÿ’™

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
    He just smiles and says, itโ€™s the way that I was raised

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@melodyjoy @beth20

Thought you guys might like to see one of my kittens. This is Ralee. She and her 2 sisters were born two Sundays ago. They don’t even have their eyes or ears open yet.๐Ÿ˜Š Their mama is kinda a barn cat.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@arindown

Awww I love kittens!!

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@arindown

Hey! Thanks for tagging me because

1) I really enjoyed reading the discussion going on here ๐Ÿ™‚ and

2) YOUR KITTENS ARE SO CUTE ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing the pic ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s really adorable ๐Ÿ™‚

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@beth20

WOW!!! you guys have so many awesome pets! Do you live on a farm? I have always wanted to. ๐Ÿ™‚

@arindown

Your drawing is super good! ๐Ÿ™‚ My mom and sister are very good at drawing but I didn’t really inherit that talent lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow! You guys have about 65 chickens in your school office. That’s crazy! Our school used to keep chicks in the science lab every other year but we haven’t done it for about 4 now because the teacher who always organized it retired. Kinda sad because it was so fun to watch them grow.

That’s amazing that you have gone to 34 thousand words (probably more by now lol). I have SO many unfinished stories. (So does my sister actually, but she doesn’t know that I have read them all… Not sure how happy she would be if she knew lol. She did finish one story though. It was really well written. Someday I wish she would publish it, but I doubt she will. haha) Also, a lot of my unfinished stories, I wrote when I was pretty young, so they are SO funny to go back and read haha it makes me laugh LOL. And you are so right about the patience thing.

I am working on a story right now and I am so close to giving up because I don’t know how to keep writing it… I’m sure you can relate… (Hey! Can anybody here help me? I could greatly appreciate it. If you wanna help just let me know and I can post what I have and some of my ideas for the story Thanks lol)

@wolverinerm

Wow! it’s super hot there. We hit 90 degrees this week. I literally have non stop been sweating all week. It’s horrible. lol

I think it would be fun to write historical fiction… Except for one thing. Research. I am so bad at that but you have to have research to write historical fiction … lol

Yeah, I still have all of my unfinished stories. I don’t know if I’ll finish them but still got ’em lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey! How do you do all those emojis? You have like tons of different ones that you used ๐Ÿ™‚ I only know how to do one lol (if you can’t tell I’m an emoji geek… I LOVE them ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@melodyjoy

I guess you could have called it that a long time ago lol! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest