fb

Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Hey Everyone.

I’m Gracie (It’s so awkward to introduce yourself ;D). I live up North (where we still have snow in our yard), andย I love drawing, anything story related, animals, and farming.

I’m excited to just hang out and get to know some other people who are crazy enough to try out this thing calledย writing.

Anyway,

– Gracie

Not all those who wander are lost.

Katja R
    @katja-r

Hey Gracie!

I know what you mean…I just finished writing my introduction.

I am so bad at drawing. I would love to see some of your drawings though!!

It was nice to meet you!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Eitan
    @eitan

@arindown

Hello and nice to meet you! It’s an amazing place to grow as a writer and as a Christian.

How old are you?

I love drawing, anything story related, animals, and farming.

Cool! I love drawing too! Can you share some of your drawings?

What’s your…

• current Bible study?
    • favorite Bible hero – besides Jesus ๐Ÿ˜‰
    • favorite book in the Bible – if you can pick just one…

where we still have snow in our yard

Snow… We had today 10 minutes of hail, but the whole week was pretty hot (we didn’t yet reach 86f, so…).

Tell us about your homeland – no, ”snow in the yard” is not enough ๐Ÿ˜‰

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Eitan.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@arindown

Hey!

Yeah, I live in North Idaho! We don’t have any snow anymore but we did on Easter! I like to draw too! I also love animals, I owed two hamsters and our house is always filled with pets! No to mention we have chickens, cats, fish, and a dog!

The cat in my profile pic is Tommy! He doesn’t have a tail, not sure what happened lol! He just kinda wandered into our lives one day and…didn’t want to leave so we’re stuck with him haha!

We used to own, horses, pigs, goats, cows, geese, bunnies, guineas, and a pet turkey!

Anyway, nice to meet you!

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love you guys!

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@eitan

Hey! It’s nice meeting you!

You know, I posted my introduction real quick before lunch, and then I was like…it’s kinda bland and boring for a aspiring writer.๐Ÿ˜„

I’m 16, and I live in Ontario, Canada, where every season is distinct. My favourite season is Autumn though, because the autumn breeze makes me want to fly.๐Ÿ˜‰ How big was the hail you got?

My current Bible study…I’m reading through Psalms, and I also doing The Most Important Thing You’ll Ever Study (by Starr Meade), and one of my Biblical heroes is Joshua. I love Ecclesiastes…just because of it’s hopeful kinda darkness, if you know what I mean. How about you?

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r, @eitan

Here’s a picture that I drew. This is my main character the Outrider (a.k.a Thane). It’s a little out of proportion.๐Ÿ˜‰

Outrider, by Arindown

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@beth20

I love the picture of your cat! That’s so cute. I actually have a cat named Puma who wandered into my life as a wild kitten. I tamed her, and now I have her kittens, Caracal and Aryil. Cats seem to attract cats, so I also have a tomcat hanging around who I call Trumpkin.๐Ÿ˜„

You have chickens? How fun! I actually have about 65 chicks in my school office right now. We also have 2 cows, 9 pigs, and a dog. One of my favourite things to do is go out and sit in the pigpen and scratch the piglets where they can’t reach.๐Ÿ˜† They love it.

It’s nice meeting you also! Actually…I was wondering if you sometimes use World Teen? That’s where my sister first found out about StoryEmbers, and I thought there may have been a connection. Just curious.๐Ÿ˜Š

– Gracie

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@arindown

Hey,

Love the drawing you did btw!

I love the picture of your cat! Thatโ€™s so cute. I actually have a cat named Puma who wandered into my life as a wild kitten. I tamed her, and now I have her kittens, Caracal and Aryil. Cats seem to attract cats, so I also have a tomcat hanging around who I call Trumpkin.๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks! That is sooo cute! It makes me happy lol!

Yep, chickens! They are actually all running about outside right now!

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do use World Teen! Who’s your sister? I did mention Story Embers but so did Vaughn so not sure which one of us told her about it! haha

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love you guys!

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Hey Gracie!

Wow that’s pretty amazing!! I can’t even draw a good stick person.

And your introduction was just fine! It was so simple and honest. I also feel like I go way to far in everything. I like lots of glamour and fancy words.

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons too!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@beth20

My sister and I haven’t commented on WorldTeen in a long time, but we still read it. Thanks to you and Vaughn that I know about Story Embers.๐Ÿ˜†

You like cats too, then? I never thought of myself as a cat person, until Puma showed up. I always tell my brother that I would be the Dog Girl too…only puppies don’t justย showย up.๐Ÿ˜Š

@katja-r

I’m glad you liked my picture. Art has always been something I loved. Some might say I have a talent, but I think I just practiced more.๐Ÿ˜„ There are some pretty good artists on Story Embers that I can’t wait to connect with.

Fancy words are good. I thought my introduction was too simple…I mean, after all, I’m supposed to be a wannabe writer.๐Ÿ˜

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Gracie,

You most definitely have talent!! And, ugh, just because I wrote a good introduction, doesn’t mean I’m any better at writing than you. If you’ve written 34 thousand words, you have a lot more patience than me. I get new ideas and stop writing my other stories. I have four or five random stories that are like 3 chapters long. Let me know if you’ve put your story up somewhere, I’d love to read it.

-Katja

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@katja-r

Gulp…this is the first, and only story that I made it to 34 thousand words on.๐Ÿ˜„ I didn’t tell you about the over other 200 some pages of random “clips” that I’ve written. I’m the worst at loosing “inspiration” and quitting on stories.

The one biggest thing I’ve learned in the last 34 thousand words I’ve written…writing takes patience.๐Ÿ˜‰ And patience. And more patience.

I should have known. Everything takes patience.๐Ÿ˜†

Also, if you ever get onto the thing where people are drawing each-other’s characters (the name slipped my mind๐Ÿ˜„), make sure to tag me.

– Gracie

Katja R
    @katja-r

@arindown

Well way to go!! I hope to make it to that many words someday.

Yes! Patience! I barely have any of that. It’s horrible. If God ever came to me like he did to Solomon I’d ask for some serious patience.

I was talking about using people, who you know in real life, in our stories. I think I did tag you for that conversation. I was saying that I have done that, and I told about a few people that I have used. Lol. Just take a peek in my introduction page and you’ll see it.

-Katja

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@arindown

Hey!! Welcome to SE ๐Ÿ˜‰ Iโ€™m Kassie (โ€”and yes, I agree, literally just saying โ€œIโ€™m Kassieโ€ always feels awkward ๐Ÿ™„) Anyway! I canโ€™t draw, but I love scribbling (๐Ÿ˜). I have a cat and a dog, and yep, the catโ€™s the one who just showed up… but I love her for it… ๐Ÿ˜

Oh man, I canโ€™t imagine still having snow… Texas has been getting close to 100… ๐Ÿ˜…

What do you like to write? I write mostly contemporary, but when I write short stories I venture in historical fiction a lot.

And hey, Iโ€™m pretty sure everyone has a ton of unfinished projects… just hang onto all of them because you might want to finish them someday and itโ€™s a ton of fun… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nice to meet you!!

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
    He just smiles and says, itโ€™s the way that I was raised

Eitan
    @eitan

@arindown

How big was the hail you got?

0.6 inch. I guess for a Canadian it’s not impressing, but in the desert, to get hail inย May is very, very unusual.

How about you?

I study Psalm 68 in depth, and I want also to study Ecclesiastes, but I think less is more when it comes to scripture study – if I’ll eat to much, I’ll just throw up… I also listen to sermons of the Jerusalem assembly about the book of Jeremiah.

My favorite Bible hero… David, I think.

My favorite book is psalms maybe, but to be honest – every book in the Bible seems the best when you read it ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also love Proverbs, and Revelation 21-22.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest