fb

Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author

@purpleturtle

Okay, cool. I’ll check it out sometime. So how did you and @claire-h both get into writing? That’s cool that you’re siblings, though. πŸ™‚ None of my siblings really like to write, but I suppose I’m not super into it myself. Just something I do a bit, and want to get into the habit of doing more.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Olivia

I have never seen Holes but I have seen Tangled. Yes Flynn Rider is dope lol!

My youngest brother is only 13 months older than me. Or as I figured out, one year, one month, one week, and one day exactly! Pretty fun to tell people. πŸ™‚

Hahaha that’s funny!

Do you like having a big family? And you are the second to youngest?

Having a big family is fun! Yeah I am second to youngest!

Yes definitely check out those books! Our library is pretty small too but it has them!

I live in Northern Idaho! About and hour and a half from the border with Canada!

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@PurpleTurtle

Ohh yeah I played that one! It was pretty fun!

@beth20

I love how in Tangled there are so many one-liners. My one friend and I quote them all the time. We have a farewell handshake that we made up, and we finish it off with saying, “Like a grape,” and then we crush an imaginary grape. Stupid, I know, but it makes us both laugh. πŸ˜‰ Flynn Rider is my favourite character. Like in the intro how his first words are, “This is the story of how I died.” I am super dramatic myself, so I love it how he’s dramatic as well. Lol. πŸ˜€ Holes is a good movie, and it’s clean. You should check it out sometime.

Ya, I sorta wish I had another sibling. My mom had a miscarriage before my youngest brother, so there’s a bit of a gap, and I’ve often wondered what he would be like if he were alive. I always imagine him being the protective introvert, though my oldest brother is protective as well. πŸ™‚ Β So I sorta want to have a bunch of kids so they can have the fun that I did growing up.

That’s cool that you live by Canada. But because Canada is so big there are a lot of differences from place to place. Where I live there is mostly just boreal forest. So we do a ton of stuff outdoors like camping, canoe tripping, and such.

Eitan
    @eitan

@beth20

Revelations sometime, never have for some reason haha. It seems kind of confusing!

Revelation is great, especially the two last chapters!

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Olivia

I’m sorry that your mom had a miscarriage! I had a half-sister her name was Ashly, she died when she was three. I don’t remember her though, because it was before me and my siblings. But I know what you mean, about wondering who she would have turned out to be and how much different our lives would have been.

Yeah, we live kinda next to Spokane. Ever heard of that? And we live next to mountains and stuff so we like camping and kayaking and hiking! πŸ™‚

-Beth

@beth20

Ya, sometimes I get sad thinking about it, but it’s been a while since I thought about it last. It is cool to think about who people would have become if they would have lived, and what they would have done.

No, I’ve never heard of Spokane. That’s awesome that you live by mountains. πŸ™‚ My dad always jokes about moving somewhere just so he can live by mountains and stuff. He always pretends we should move to the Yukon, since the terrain is super pretty, and it has mountains. Lol. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Olivia

Okay yeah, Spokane is a pretty big city in Washington. Living in the mountains is neat! Here’s a pic taken from our back yard!

@beth20

Cool picture! I love sunsets as well, and the sky looks really cool.

(I tried replying with some pictures for you, but it didn’t work for some reason. So I guess you’ll just have to keep guessing what it looks like up here. Lol.) πŸ˜‰

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Olivia

Yeah, the sunsets here are amazing!! Haha, that’s funny! Weird that is didn’t work lol!

claire
    @claire-h

So how did you and @claire-h both get into writing?

@olivia
    So sorry I just got around to answering this! I saw it and then completely forgot…

Well, I’ve always loved to make up stories and when I was little we would always “act them out” if you will. Then when I was ten, I decided to write a story that we had come up with while playing. I called it “The Adventures of Susan and Samuel” (if you can’t tell Susan was based off me and Samuel was based off Vaughn, lol) It was about two siblings and their unicorns.

Then a few years later, for an IEW writing assignment, I wrote a short story about Jadis (the white witch to be). But it was told from her sister’s viewpoint instead of Jadis’. And my main character Emory was born. She’s changed a lot since then, but my current story is still loosely based off my first short story.

Also me and Vaughn have been avid readers for as long as we can remember and it’s caused us to want to write stories of our own. Vaughn started writing more recently than me.

Wow, that was a long answer to a short question. XD

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

@claire-h

No, I don’t mind long answers at all! Lol. I write them myself like every time someone asks me anything. ;D

I like how your first story was about a brother and sister, plus their unicorns. πŸ˜€ About maybe four years ago or so, I had the idea to write a little story about a girl, but I didn’t want it to be a princess. There were too many princess stories for my liking, so I decided it would be about a peasant. I chose what the plot would be and everything, but then I sorta quit writing it after we moved about a year later. I remembered it and told it to my friend, and we decided to write the story together. She’d write the story from one girl’s POV, and I’d do it from another girl’s POV. That was like three years ago, and we’re still working on it to this day. Partly because I wrote super slow, and since I wasn’t motivated to finish the story, I’d be way behind in my end of the story.

But about two months or more ago, my friend and I got talking, and we decided we’d finish the story for our younger friend, who we thought would enjoy reading it. So we are finally working on it again. (Oh, and what’s funny is that I didn’t want my girl to be a princess since there were so many, and after my friend and I started working together to write, both our girls were changed into princesses. So much for that.) πŸ˜‰

I’ve written some things in between, but not a lot. I’ve found that I need motivation to finish a story or I won’t, so I’ve learned that from now on I am going to have to find ways to motivate myself to finish the stories that I start. Lol. πŸ™‚

@claire-h

Oh, did you take Excellence In Writing? I noticed that you mentioned IEW, which stands for Institute for Excellence in Writing, right? We are doing that right now, and I’m really enjoying it.

claire
    @claire-h

@olivia

I know what you mean about princesses… Somehow I feel cliche writing about them. But yay, my main character is a princess too! Lol. I mean she becomes a kind of queen not too far into my book. But she’s undercover…

Your story sounds neat! Especially since you are writing with a friend. πŸ™‚Β  What’s the basic plot?

Yes, I did IEW. I had a lot of fun with the creative writing assignments, but trying to cram all those decorations and -ly words into an essay got annoying. XD Which of their books are you doing?

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

@claire-h

My story doesn’t have much of a plot, since I planned it when I was just at the beginning of my writing journey. πŸ˜‰ So my friend and I decided I should just not worry about a plot for now and get more practice in writing. When we decided to finish the story for our younger friend, we chose not to worry too much about a plot but write it more as a comedy. Our friend would love it, we realized, so we chose to make it into a comedy instead of a superbly written story.

So the story is basically about two princesses, Eva (my princess), and Ethel (my friend’s princess). They are friends, and their fathers are rulers of allied kingdoms. Both princesses eventually get kidnapped by the evil prince of the neighbouring kingdom. They are held as hostages during a war between the kingdoms of the continent. Ethel escapes from the stronghold, while Eva gets rescued by the handsome older brother of Ethel. It should be a little obvious that Eva and the handsome rescuer (Prince Robin) like each other and end up getting married when they are older. But we’re gonna make it a super hilarious comedy, so it should be a little more interesting.

This story happens when Eva is 15 and Robin is 18, so they don’t get married in the story, but my friend and I have it all planned out. We joked about writing a sequel, which actually might happen if our friend likes the story enough and we take the time to write and plan it. πŸ™‚ Β It’s fun to write, though, even though it’s not super awesome or anything.

We are doing a video course that teaches how to take notes in the 4-word outline and teaches us to use all the dress-ups and stuff. Not sure what it’s called, but I’ll be able to remember in a few days most likely. Lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest