fb

Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Olivia

I didn’t like the movie all that much, but books are normally better than movies anyway! 🙂

I’ll have to read her book sometime! Sounds interesting.

Yeah guitar is fun! Cello sounds awesome also!!

I have six siblings my older four siblings moved out and my oldest sister is married with a baby so is my second oldest brother.  My oldest brother is not married and he works for my dad. My second oldest sister just got out of the Marines, so that’s cool! And then there’s me my younger sister and basically my twin lol, he’s 14 months older than me! 🙂 So there ya go, my whole fam run down lol!

You have to read N.D. Wilson! He has written a few books: The Ashtown Burials Series, The One hundred Cupboard Series, The Outlaws of Time Series, Leephike Ridge, and Boys of Blur! Those are the one’s I’ve read. Yes MineCraft is very fun lol!

I think Spring is my favorite season! The winters up here can be pretty harsh too, sometimes it gets like 8 below freezing! We had about six feet of snow one year too.

Oh and about my user name, I use it for everything and I created it along time ago and forget what the 20 stands for hahaha! Yeah sorry I forget lol 😐

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉 I love you guys!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@PurpleTurtle

Um it’s an xbox 360 game only I think.

From wikipedia: Portal is a series of first-person puzzle-platform video games developed by Valve. Set in the Half-Life universe, the two main games in the series, Portal (2007) and Portal 2 (2011), center on a woman, Chell, forced to undergo a series of tests within the Aperture Science Enrichment Center by a malicious artificial intelligence, GLaDOS, that controls the facility. Most of the tests involve using the “Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device” – the “portal gun” – that creates a human-sized wormhole-like connection between two flat surfaces. A number of other mechanics, such as lasers, light bridges, tractor funnels and turrets, exist to aid or hinder the player’s goal to reach the exit.

It’s pretty fun! Do you have an Xbox?

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20
    That sounds fun! I like puzzle games. No, I don’t have an Xbox, I mostly just play on mobile and PC. It sounds fun though!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Purple Turtle

Oh okay. Do you play Nancy Drew games? They are really fun. Especially the newer ones!

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20
    Yes! Our family loves them! I doesn’t matter to me that the person you play as is a girl, it’s still fun! What is your favorite one? Mine is The Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Um I really liked The Ghost of Thorton Hall, The Haunting of Castle Malloy and The Captive Curse!

There is a guy on YouTube who does walk-through of the games and everything wrong with them! He is really funny. Here’s a link

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoeGBBftoZTSYz3jjqInLg

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20
    Cool! I haven’t done any of those, but I’ve seen them and they look cool. I wouldn’t want to watch any walkthroughs, because in the future I might play that one, but thanks anyway! BTW, I did the supposedly most scary one, and apart from one jumpscare, it wasn’t very scary.

@beth20

Ya, I find that as well. Movies are sometimes as good, but I haven’t come across that often. One really well done movie is Holes. It’s good because the author helped make the movie, so it was quite well done. Speaking of movies, have you ever seen Tangled? My mom had the idea of our family doing some fun things throughout the week that we don’t usually do, just so we have something to look forward to in a day. So today, at like ten in the morning, after we’d done some school we sat down and watched Tangled. 😀 It was fun, especially since that’s one of my favourite movies, with all the one-liners and all. 😛 🙂 Flynn Rider is the best!

That’s awesome that you have such a big family! If/when I get married, I want to have at least five kids, partly because that’s what I’m used to having. I can’t imagine only having one or two siblings. When you have four or more you have more options of who you want to hang out with. Lol 😀 😛  That’s cool that you and your brother are only 14 moths apart. My youngest brother is only 13 months older than me. Or as I figured out, one year, one month, one week, and one day exactly! Pretty fun to tell people. 🙂 Do you like having a big family? And you are the second to youngest?

When this whole self-quarantine thing is done I’ll  check and see if any of those books are at the library. Not sure if they will be since it’s small, but if they aren’t I can maybe ask for an inter-library loan. But I’ll definitely check them out! Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂 I never have enough books to read, though I’m always swamped with options. LOl! 😛 😀

Whoa! Six feet of snow is a lot! We get a lot, but we get colder weather and not quite as much snow. A normal winter day is about minus 20 or so below zero. Everyone learns to pile on the clothes after living here for a while. 😛

So where do you live?

Oh, it doesn’t matter that you don’t know what the 20 stands for. That’s sorta funny though. 🙂 When I joined Story Embers I made up a password, but since I have it set so all my log-in information is already in, I forget what my password is. Hopefully I don’t need it for anything. 😉  I think it has to do with loving to read or something, but I’m not sure. 😛

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

@purpleturtle

So the author you like, Andrew Peterson, is that the same guy who writes songs? I like the music of a guy named Andrew Peterson, but I’m not sure if it’s the same guy. I didn’t realize he wrote books.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@olivia
    Yes! I like his music too. He writes and sings! He is the same one who did the Resurrection Letters Vol. 1 & 2 and other albums. He also wrote a new book, Adorning the Dark. (It is not fantasy though)

@purpleturtle

That’s really cool! I didn’t realize he wrote books as well as music, so I wasn’t sure if it was the same guy. I really like his one Christmas album. The one called Behold The Lamb Of God. We listened to it over Easter, and it’s a great Easter album as well as a good Christmas one.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@PurpleTurtle

Okay! Well after you’ve played one watch the everything wrong part. Which one is that? The Salem one?

@purpleturtle

So what are his books about, and what genre does he write in?

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@olivia
    His books are about three kids, Janner, Tink, and Leeli living in the world of Aerwiar under the rule of the evil Gnag the nameless. Watch my YouTube video for some more info! Why am I wearing socks on my hands? [HD]

@beth20

Ok, I will have to check it out. The scariest is supposed to be Shadow at the Water’s Edge.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

(His books are fantasy)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest