fb

Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Eitan

Yes, it is thank you! It is fantastic up here (the view I mean)!

Yeah, Eragon is similar to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings!

Oh, Isreal, that’s cool! Do you like it there? Also just curious, do you know English or do you use a translater?

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

@beth20

Hello Beth! Nice to meet you. πŸ™‚ Β I haven’t been on here a whole ton myself, but I come on sometimes. I like to write fiction as well, and I am also realizing that I like writing little stories about things that have happened in my life. Specifically fun tales are fun. I just wrote one the other week, and it turned out pretty good. πŸ™‚

I’m also homeschooled and a Christian. One of my favourite authors is Gail Carson Levine, but my favourite of her books is Ella Enchanted. So good! I also love a book called The Bruised Dream, written by my best friend, Alabama Rose. She’s actually on here.

So I hear you’re thirteen. πŸ™‚ I’m fourteen, fifteen in May. My favourite things to do are read (which I do all the time), write (which I don’t do enough :P), and play piano. My goal is to become a piano teacher someday, so I’m trying to work hard on it so that I can be a teacher by the time I’m done with high school. Sorta fun to look forward to. πŸ™‚

What do you like to do other than write?

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Oh, happy late birthday, @beth20! Were you able to celebrate at all with Covid on? I’m not really looking forward to my own birthday, since I can’t have any friends over, but I think I’ll just do something in the summer. Then it’ll be warmer anyway.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@olivia

Hey! Yeah I’ve written a few short stories! We own Ella Enchanted and I’ve seen the movie but I’ve never read it haha! Did your friend publish her book? Piano is really pretty! My sisters all play the piano but I haven’t, though I am learning the guitar. That is a great goal!

I love reading! I like drawing, hiking and playing Minecraft lol!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I just had my fam and my siblings in laws! It was fun, haven’t had the whole family together in a LONG time!

Where do you live? Have you ever heard of N.D.Wilson? He is my favorite author!

-Beth

Eitan
    @eitan

@beth20

Do you like it there? Also just curious, do you know English or do you use a translater?

We learn English from 3rd grade. My level is 3.5 / 5, I think.

Israel is very small but very beautiful and diverse (in 4-5 hours of driving you’ll get from forests and streams to scorching hot deserts). The only real problem is that in every theology debate, I’m one Christian against 3-4 atheists / orthodox Jews πŸ˜‰

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Eitan
    @eitan

@beth20

Oh, and what do you study in the Bible now? I study about king Menasseh of Judah (I suspect that he is the author of Ecclesiastes, not king Solomon).

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20
    That’s funny! I like playing Minecraft too! I subscribed to N. D. Wilson’s newspaper, did you?

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Eitan

Oh really that’s funny, what type of trees do you have there? We have: cedar, pine, fir, hemlock, birch and some mt maple!

Yeah that would be hard if you were the only Christian against atheist!

I was in Judges for awhile now I’m in Ruth. Judges is brutal! At least the last couple of chapters are! haha.

-Beth

Eitan
    @eitan

@beth20

Oh really that’s funny, what type of trees do you have there?

In my area? Almost none (desert, after all), though sometimes you might find salt-cedars and thorntrees, and also human-planted eucalyptuses. There are a lot of human-planted pine forests in Israel. In the north you’ll find also natural forests, of oak, aspen, plane and pencil-pine.

I have been in some oasis were date palms were planted, but I don’t know if those are human planted or natural. Dates are grown in Israel from the biblical era, but I don’t think they’re natural to the land.

* Fun fact – some scholars believe that when the Bible refers to ”honey” in Deuteronomy 8:8, it means ”dates” or ”date-honey”).Β  Israel was famous for it’s dates in Jesus’ time, and also today.

Yeah that would be hard if you were the only Christian against atheist!

Oh, yes. It’s hard to debate 3-4 people at once πŸ˜…

I was in Judges for awhile now I’m in Ruth. Judges is brutal! At least the last couple of chapters are! haha.

Judges is very brutal. It’s basically the story of Israel’s downfall to the level of pagan barbarians.

@beth20

Ya, you should read Ella Enchanted sometime. If you think the movie’s good, then you’ll probably like the book even more. (Unless you’re just super used to the movie. Then you might not like it a ton.) Ella Enchanted is one of my favourite books, and I’ve seen the movie, but I read the book first, so I don’t really like the movie much. Definitely check out the book! πŸ™‚ Β It’s awesome!!!!!!

Yes, my friend published her book just at the end of last year. It’s online and stuff, and if you’re on Goodreads, her book is on there as well. It’s a really good story, and as hard as it is to believe, it’s actually based off two real life stories. It’s a very touching and thought provoking story, and one that I’d recommend to everyone.

That’s cool that you’re learning guitar. I’ve been taking piano since I was maybe eight or so, but I think it’d be cool to try out guitar. I just like the idea of learning any instrument, though I really want to learn cello. Not sure if I actually will, but I love how it sounds, and I hope someone I know learns it so I can listen to them play. πŸ˜›

How many siblings do you have? I have four, and I’m the youngest. My oldest brother is married, and the next two sibling are in college, so it’s just me and my older brother at home now. I sorta like it, though. Took a bit to get used to though.

No, I’ve never heard of N.D. Wilson. What are some of his books? (That’s funny that you like playing Minecraft. πŸ™‚ I don’t play much, but when I play any video game (which is hardly ever), I play Minecraft. Fun game, lol. :P)

That’s good that you could have you’re family together for your birthday.:) I miss my older brother most of all, since he’s been away the longest. So whenever we all get together I love how we all go back to teasing each other and stuff. πŸ™‚ It’s fun.

I actually live in the North-West part of Ontario, in Canada. So up here it’s pretty cold in the winter, and winter lasts for like half the year by itself. Which I actually don’t mind, since winter is my favourite season. All the evergreens covered with snow, ice covering the lakes, and skating together with all my friends. πŸ™‚ Fun times. But I think the reason I like it so much is because I’m blonde, so I always burn super bad in the summer, so the winter is awesome since I don’t have to wear ball caps all the time to protect myself. Lol. Sorta annoying, but whatever. πŸ˜‰

@beth20 If you don’t mind me asking, what is the significance of the 20 in your tag? Since you aren’t 20 or anything. πŸ˜‰ Lol.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@PurpleTurtle

Yeah Minecraft and Portal are pretty much the only video games I play, I’m not a big gamer lol!

And yeah my mom subscribed! It’s supposed to come out in May I think!

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20
    Ok, yeah, it said that it is coming out in May. He said that he is not accepting anymore subscriptions after the first issue comes out. What is Portal? I haven’t heard of it before.

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Eitan

That would be cool if the honey was really from dates! I have never heard of the salt cedar but it looks cool! Eucalyptus trees look neat also!

Yeah I was a little surprised about Judges lol! I want to read Revelations sometime, never have for some reason haha. It seems kind of confusing!

I belong to a site called World Teen, where I have gotten into debates with people before. Here’s a link, though it does cost money to join. But if your interested in reading what I was debating about you can read the comments you just can’t comment yourself (if you don’t join.) https://teen.wng.org/node/5758 My name on there is Beth H, there is another girl on there who is Beth G, so don’t get confused lol!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Eitan

Oh yeah the first comments are going to be related to the article so scroll down till you get to my comment about rap! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest