Hey everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey everyone!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  E. Grace 3 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ethan Mitchell
    @ethan-mitchell

@anne_the_noob14 glad to hear I’m not the only one with a backlog of unfinished stories haha. Your WIP sounds awesome! Some people don’t like cliche stories, but I think that, if done right, they can be great. Besides, it sounds like you’re adding some things to make it fresh, with the t-rexes and the Italian-speaking leprechauns and all. It should be a real page turner!

anne_the_noob14
      @anne_the_noob14

@ethan-mitchell Thanks! I like where I’m going with it and I’d like to get it to the point where I can publish it someday. 😀

"“Who are you?" "No one of consequence."
      "I must know." "Get used to disappointment.”
      #P!ATD

E. Grace
      @emgc

@ethan-mitchell

Cool! I’ve been playing for around four years now, I think, but I didn’t start orchestra till last year.  But I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. 🙂

Ooh, awesome!  I love The High Kings’ music as well.  Do you like a lot of Irish folk music?

Neat!  Glad to hear you’re back into writing again.  🙂 I’ve been writing stories since I five years old, but it’s also been really off and on.  I don’t think I really got consistent with my writing until about a year or two ago and so far the only things I’ve been able to see all the way through are short stories… I’ve started a couple of novels, but have yet to get past the first draft.  I guess I have a bit of a dedication problem, too.  😛

"May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD..."

Ethan Mitchell
      @ethan-mitchell

@emgc I love Irish folk music! There’s just something about the style of The High Kings that draws me to them more than any other Irish Folk bands like The Dubliners or The Chieftains.

Well you’ve got a first draft at least. I’m a perfectionist, so that’s part of my problem. I edit every sentence as I write unless I tell myself to keep going. Which makes for some pretty slow going sometimes haha.

theinconceivable1
        @theinconceivable1

@pookiemonster: I know its so good!!!

@anne_the_noob14: Actually, I was testing Ethan XD I know you know the answer! (obviously!!!)

(INTJ) “Murdered by pirates is good!”

E. Grace
        @emgc

@ethan-mitchell Nice!  I did really like their cover of “The Rocky Road to Dublin.”  Do you have any favorite songs of theirs?

Oh, yeah… perfectionism sure can be a nuisance.  I’m a pretty slow writer for that same reason. 😛

"May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD..."

Ethan Mitchell
        @ethan-mitchell

@emgc Ah, there’s so many! I’ll go with two though, The Town I Loved So Well and Green Fields of France. The Rocky Road to Dublin would be on my favorites list too.

By the way, have you ever tried submitting something to this site for publication? Was kind of wondering how that process went. I read through the submission section, but was hoping to find someone who had done it before to see what they have to say about it.

E. Grace
          @emgc

@ethan-mitchell

No I haven’t actually.  If you wanted me to though, I could tag someone who has.  🙂

Are you thinking of submitting something soon???

Ethan Mitchell
          @ethan-mitchell

@emgc Nah, that’s alright, thanks for the offer though.

Yeah, I’ve got a friend on the staff here and she recommended that I submit that short story I wrote. I think I’ll just send it in and see what comes of it!

E. Grace
            @emgc

@ethan-mitchell  How exciting!  Well, good luck!  I hope to read it if it’s accepted!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest