fb

Help me :( ;)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Help me :( ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@shadowwriter161

*gasps* You’ve run out of books?! *runs around hysterically, gathering chocolate, tea, blankets, and book suggestions* *throws pile at you*

Ok so. Divergent series by Veronica Roth I think. I may be mixing her and Christina Meyer up because I read Twilight, Divergent, and Trials of Apollo all in the same week (Not a good idea. My dreams were weirdddd). Twilight series by Christina Meyer, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, and Trials of Apollo, all by Rick Riordan. That should keep you busy for a while, but here’re some more anyways:  Sherlock Holmes, by Conan Doyle, Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling. (You’ve probably read some of these, but whatever.)

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@anne-the-noob14

I know, my situation is tragic. *starts bawling* But thank you for your – many – suggestions. 😉

P.S At the bottom of your message there’s a small text. I quote “Who are you?” “No one of consequence.” “I must know.” “Get used to disappointment.”

Is that from The Princess Bride movie??

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Haha, okay! I will check them out if I get a chance. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

Yay! 😀

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

XD!

~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

What kind of books are you into?

For me it’s a mixture of Fantasy, mystery, historical-fic, and basic contemporary-fiction. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Great question! I read a ton of history and historical fiction, and some others (like mystery, contemporary, fantasy, etc…) occasionally. What are some of your favorite his-fic books you’ve read? Do you read a lot? I read like 200+ books a year…a lot. 😀

~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

Wow. *jaw drop* That’s a lot of books.

One of the books I just finished, (it’s technically a his-fic/fantasy), was Fawkes. And it was amazing!!! I’ve also read some his-fic romances, but I liked Fawkes better. XD

As for how many books I read in a year…. I don’t really count XD But if I had to guess, and don’t quote me ;), I say around 150 to 200. But I’m not sure.

If you had a go-to book, one you could read over and over again, but never really get tired of, which book would it be?

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@shadowwriter161

Oh dear, running out of books… I’d try Hope Ann’s novellas if I were you, they sound right up your alley. (She’s on SE btw). (Also I’m eagerly awaiting the day she publishes her full-length WIP that I’ve been wanting to read for years now lol)

And if you like hi-fi stuff, Man O’ War by Walter Farley is a great book that I enjoyed very much. (If you’re not into horses though you might not like it. Either way, it’s got very powerful prose if I remember correctly that was very fun to read.) Eloise Jarvis Mcgraw(who I think someone recommended already) is also amazing, definitely check her stuff out. Moccasin Trail by her is one of my all time favorite books.

I 100% recommend reading anything you can get your hands on by Dianne Wynne Jones, she’s one of my absolute favorite authors who has an unique, hilarious, and quirky style of fantasy that you won’t forget. Howl’s Moving Castle is absolutely amazing, though I do have to say if you’re not into magic that involves witches/wizards you might not enjoy it. There’s nothing creepy or odd about it however, in my opinion, so I’d definitely try checking them out.

Lloyd Alexander is also great, I highly enjoyed the Chronicles of Prydain by him. He does have an old-englishy style of writing however, but his stories are lovely.

On the classics side, Beowulf is great, as is Les Miserables, and pretty much anything by C.S. Lewis or Tolkien(I highly suggest reading the lesser-known works by these two(which basically means anything not Narnia or Lotr)).

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@sarah-inkdragon

Wow. Thanks so much! 😀

I didn’t know Hope Ann had novelas! Where can I find them at?

A few of your suggestions sound  familiar… I will definitely check them out. *thumbs up*

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@shadowwriter161

You can find them on Amazon, or by going to her website, which I believe is linked on her profile!

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@sarah-inkdragon

Great! Thank you 😀

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Ah, yes, I love Fawkes as well! It is so amazing. 🙂 I don’t think I have a go-to book like that as I would have to choose one for every genre, except for the Bible. XD

~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

I get it. The absolute hardest question for any book-dragon 😉 to answer: What’s your favorite book? XD

Do you have a favorite author? If I had to pick one, it would be Serena Chase. Her books are amazing!!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

IKR? It’s like asking an author what their favorite/best WIP is! 😀

Mm, that is almost as hard, lol! Maybe G. A. Henty…or Baroness Orczy? They are definitely favorites. Laura Hillenbrand is an amazing nonfiction modern writer, as well.

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest