fb

Help me :( ;)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Help me :( ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

Something tragic has happened, my fellow Emberites! I…have run out of books! *starts weeping hysterically*

I just finished Fawkes by Nadine Brandes and it has ruined me with itโ€™s awesomeness. I need to know if there are others out there like it. I need something to fill up this void in my bookshelves, and this hole in my heart.

Please, flood me with suggestions and ideas. I welcome all. *bows dramatically*

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@shadowwriter161

Haha, Rangers Apprentice? I dunno.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@bama-rose

Oh yeah! Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€ Whatโ€™s the name of the first one?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Ah, I get it, fellow hole-in-my-hearter! ๐Ÿ˜€

Have you ever read anything by Eloise Jarvis McGraw? Or Douglas Bond? They write his-fic, but it is SUPER awesome and very intriguing. Baroness Orczy’s books on the Scarlet Pimpernel are amazing, as well…I read them recently. You can read them for free or print them off here (along with her other books), if you want to: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=baroness+orczy

Let me know what you discover!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@shadowwriter161 The Mistmantle Chronicles! (Book one is called Urchin of the Riding Stars.) It’s written for younger readers and it’s pretty obscure, but it’s BEAUTIFUL. It’s also rare and pretty expensive to buy, but your local library probably has it.

"...by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah and @jennythefaun

Thank you for the suggestions ๐Ÿ˜€ I admit I havenโ€™t heard of either of those book series before, but I will definitely give them a look!

P.S @jennythefaun I love your name XD

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Okay, awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

~ Created to create ~

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@bama-rose Ranger’s Apprentice!! *cheers*

@shadowwriter161
    The first book in the Ranger’s Apprentice series isย The Ruins of Gorlan. He (John Flanagan) also has a Brotherband Chronicles Series which starts with The Outcasts.ย 

Some other suggestions include: The Lord of the Rings trilogy/Silmarillion (which are loooong but totally worth it), The Selection by Kierra Cass, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, Warcross by Marie Lu (which I just finished and it’s pretty awesome).ย The Little Princeย is also a short and sweet read, if you haven’t read it yet.

(On a side note, all of these except the Little Prince/LotR have various degrees of sexual scenes/immorality, if that deters you from reading them. They’re great stories otherwise.) Hope this helps!

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Yes! Ranger’s Apprentice and The Lord of the Rings!

Also other ideas: The Giver by Lois Lowry. The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson (starts with On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness) And The Phantom Tollbooth is really fun!

And then N.D. Wilson! His books are amazing. Especially the 100 Cupboards series and the Ashtown Burials.

That’s all that comes to mind at the moment…

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@evelyn

I absolutely LOVE The Wingfeather Saga and The Phantom Tollbooth!

Iโ€™ve read all four of The Wingfeather Saga, probably more then once ๐Ÿ˜€

And The Phantom Tollbooth is one of the books that got me into reading in the first place!

I have also read the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. They were pretty good.

Thank you for your suggestions ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™m actually really happy to find someone who likes a lot of the same books I do.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Another big Wingfeather Saga fan… @cassie-hartfinh! ๐Ÿ˜€

~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

Out of the four, which one is your favorite? Mine is probably the first one ๐Ÿ˜€

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@shadowwriter161 Oooh cool! I’m happy to hear that!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@shadowwriter161

Of the Wingfeather Saga? I have not read those, I was just tagging another friend that loves them. ๐Ÿ˜€

~ Created to create ~

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@selah-chelyah

Oh, haha, my mistake. But I highly suggest you read them when you can. Definitely one of my favorite series.

Another series I love is The White Road Chronicles. There are seven books in the series, plus three novelas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest