Hello World

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Erasmus
    @michael-erasmus

Hey there!

I’m Michael. I write fantasy and sci-fi and have started dabbling in poetry. As a full-time programmer, I have to squeeze in hours for reading and writing, and I’ve neglected to interact with other writers. I’m hoping to change that here. From what I’ve seen, Story Embers’ content is top-notch while not backing away from Christian values; I love that!

Oh, if you catch me posting at absurd times (for you), referring to the current season as summer, using outlandish phrases like “ag ‘n shame that’s lekker”, and forgetting to use American English, I assure you, I’m okay. Probably. See, I’m from South Africa, a beautiful country where we ride elephants, tame lions for pets, and have a fascinating variety of people, cultures, languages, and, most importantly, food. Okay, maybe food’s not the most important.

Now, tell me, who are you?
      (I require at least one random fact about yourself. Please.)

Katthewriter
      @katthewriter

@michael-erasmus

Hello!

Welcome to Story Embers!!

I’m a writer, horse nerd, sort-of photographer,Β  and artist (gonna launch my buisness in a couple months).

Ah, South Africa cool!

Um random fact. … I’ve been bucked off a horse? Oh and I’m related to Laura Ingalls Wilder, from the Little House on the Parie books.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Katthewriter.
      Michael Erasmus
      @michael-erasmus

Nice to meet you @katthewriter! Bucked off a horse, huh? That sounds painful. Also, Laura Ingalls Wilder…awesome!

Katthewriter
        @katthewriter

@michael-erasmus

Yep. It did hurt. Alot. Falling 6ft really hard really messes with your head. Like seeing extra colors for like 10 minutes. Extra greens and reds, like wearing 3D glasses when its not 3D. I somehow did not break or sprain anything.Β  Just got a rant bad bruise on my hip, so i limped around for a week. Then i was fine and got back on Buddy (that horse).

Yep. 6th or 7th grandfather back is Charles(Laura’s dad)’ uncle.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
        @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@michael-erasmus

Hey!

South Africa? That’s awesome!!

Story Embers is an awesome place!

What kind of stories do you write?

I’m from Kentucky. I love the outdoors. My outdoor activities: I make walking sticks, hunt, trap, fish, blacksmith, do photography, garden, and make maple syrup. My indoor activities: Crocheting, knitting, painting, drawing, some sewing, a tiny bit of piano(I’m not very good at it at all πŸ˜‰ ), cooking, and- most of all WRITE!!

Random fact about myself: I almost cannot properly say statistics

You can't live for long living for nothing- Hector Griffin

Michael Erasmus
        @michael-erasmus

Nice to meet you, @emberynus-the-dragonslay πŸ™‚

I write a variety of stories (it’s good to experiment), but mostly fantasy stories focusing on beauty in life and finding strength and hope in times of conflict or other trials. So…I like pretty descriptions and stories set in war (not for the violence, but the idea of protecting what one loves). What about you?

Wow, that’s quite a list of hobbies. It’s good to keep busy like that!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
          @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@michael-erasmus

Cool. I write some fantasy, not alot. Mostly futuristic stuff.

Yeah. I grew up on a farm, so I’ve had a lot of hobbies for quite some time.

You can't live for long living for nothing- Hector Griffin

Caseybold
          @caseybold

Hi @michael-erasmus πŸ˜€

Programming sounds difficult, but cool πŸ™‚ What languages do you work in primarily?

I love trying different cultures’ food. What’s your favorite South African dish?

Do you have a story you’re working on now? I don’t write much fantasy or sci-fi, mostly historical or contemporary fiction, but I’m trying to read a little more of those genres lately. Are your favorite books sci-fi and fantasy too?

Random fact: I can read at an average of 1 book/4 days, and my goal is to make it to 1000 books read by the time I’m 30 πŸ˜€

I'm nobody, Who are you? -Emily Dickinson 뜻이 μžˆλŠ” 곳에 길이 μžˆλ‹€.

Michael Erasmus
            @michael-erasmus

Hey, @caseybold!

It can be challenging, but that keeps it interesting. I work mostly in Ruby, Java, and JavaScript (and of course whatever front-end languages are applicable.)

Hmm, favorite dish? I’m not sure I can choose a favorite, but if I had to choose one to eat right now, I’d go with boerewors en pap with a nice tomato-onion sauce. And milktart for dessert!

Oh, that’s cool; historical fiction can be great, especially when it’s well-researched. Do you enjoy learning about history through your writing?

Yes, I do have a WIP–a fantasy story about a simple village family separated by war; the kids are taken as slaves, while the father will do whatever it takes to find them. And yes, I do love books in these genres. πŸ™‚

Woah, 4 days!! That’s amazing! 1000 will be quite an accomplishment. Good luck, and enjoy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest