fb

Hello. Who are you?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello. Who are you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

and there is some myth and legend, but it’s not like anyone’s practicing magic.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@scoutfinch190

That movie sounds really interesting. I don’t think I’ve heard of it before.๐Ÿ˜„

My magicless fantasy just kinda means I have a totally different world created, with new animals/races and stuff, but there is no magic. I’ve heard it called a lot of different things (Adventure fantasy maybe?๐Ÿค”) I like it because I like the vulnerability and rawness of not having anything magical…but also the newness of fantasy worlds and cultures.

Not all who wander are lost.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@scoutfinch190

Lucky that you make it! I just get to have it at friends houses. Peach juice…interesting…sounds good

I dabble in romance, Christian fiction, fantasy, and I reeaaalllyyyy want to try sci-fi…but i have 2 WIP right now so i’m going to wait a bit…

What WIP do you have going right now?

"Courage is found in unlikely places." JRR Tolkien

ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

@melancholicwriter

I’m glad to assist if you need help when you get to your sci-fi project, what are you working on right now?

Do you have any ideas for a sci-fi?

My project (titled Ice) is in the revision stage, almost done (I may call it for now so I’m not endlessly editing). It is about a criminal named Jade who is haunted by his past and his sin nature and how he carries out an assignment to kill a monster that is more than he expects. It has themes of selfishness and the value of life, along with a dash of horrible pasts. I intend to broaden the world and write the rest of Jade’s story as my next WIPs. It’s definitely fun because Jade is a character I really like (I have a thing for broken baddies I think) along with his younger brother Fabian and Jade’s ex, a warrior named Marian. I am also happy because it’s my first short story that is complete (the majority of my writing is disconnected scenes with two novellas that have disjointed endings).

One of my next ones will be about a vampire trying to become human again by her own efforts, which is one I also really love (and one of those incomplete novellas I’m going to fix).

@arindown

That sounds like a cool genre.

I highly recommend the movie, it’s very sweet and calm, and it’s made in Ireland and references Irish history.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@scoutfinch190

Hi there!ย  I’m Lily!ย  I came back to visit the SE Forum and saw your post!

First off, I love fantasy too; I’m a member of the KP forum (I thought your username looked vaguely familiar) and I also love needle-felting!ย  (I haven’t met a lot of people who do).ย  What are some of your favorite things to create?

Also, welcome to Story Embers!

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. โ€” Ernest Hemingway

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@scoutfinch190

Thanks! Help would be nice…though with us just talking on an online forum i don’t know how that would work (figure that out in time i guess) right now I’m working on a fantasy story, christian fiction, and I wrote down a beginning idea for a fairytale rewrite.

Your story sounds cool!

RedWrites
    @redwrites

@ScoutFinch190

I just started Bk Two of the Ravenwood Saga! I love it so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not sure what I want to study at college. I love history, English, and I want to someday be a full-time writer. So I guess I’l study English, though where is still unknown to me.

It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness.

ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

@imwritehere1920

The main thing I like to create with needle-felting is articulated figures of a fantasy race I made up (I’ll see if I can post a pic) that is reminiscent of a tree-frog. I want to do a couple of the other races in this world as well eventually. I’ve only made two and a half figures so far.

@melancholicwriter

I don’t know how it would work either besides you asking me questions and I can share whatever I’ve learned. Your WIPs sound interesting, what are they about? What fairytale do you want to retell?

@redwrites

Book two is really good.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@scoutfinch190

Ooo, that sounds really cool!ย  I mostly do just people or animals, like horses and dragons; although I would like to try mixing fabric and wool to create costumes for the people I felt.

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. โ€” Ernest Hemingway

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@scoutfinch190

My first WIP is about a girl who goes to visit her Uncle and Aunt for the summer and goes and does field work. (inspired by my summers of work๐Ÿ˜‚) the second is about a girl who gets pulled into a different world, must go on a quest if she is to get back to her world, and must trust someone she has been told not to trust in order to defeat the person who told her not to trust the other person. and the Fairytale retelling is Cinderella (I know there’s a lot of them but I had a good idea…)

ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

@imwritehere1920
    I do make little fabric costumes for one of my figures, my first one I attached the costume.

@melancholicwriter

cool story ideas! What do you have in mind for your retelling?

ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

Purplehereโ€™s my attempt to show a pic of one of them:

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@scoutfinch190

That sounds cool!ย  I’ll have to try that.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

ScoutFinch190
    @scoutfinch190

<p style=”direction: ltr;”>Well, i managed to show the pic… :\ . I am not the greatest with technology.</p>

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@scoutfinch190

I’m still working about details. She is going to be the illegitimate daughter of her father. and I don’t know if I’ll have the guy be a prince, duke’s son, or something else…so ya…I only have a page written out cuz I kinda want to get the first draft of my first WIP done first…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest