fb

Hello… wanna Dr. Pepper?.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello… wanna Dr. Pepper?.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Volt1911
    @volt1911

I… live in an RV… yes we’ve had this conversation I think 😂

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Ah… that explains it.

(And now I’m picturing an RV covered in dolls… *facepalm* I am never forgetting that picture. XD)

Do you like seeing so many new places or is it annoying?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Every five months… really, I’m not sure that I could handle that. Certainly sounds like quite the adventure.

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@volt1911 Ah! I’d gladly give some poetry suggestions. 🙂

Emily Dickenson is a favorite of mine. Also Rudyard Kipling and J.R.R Tolkien and Shel Shiverstein. @cindy is amazing, and so many other people around here. (Have you read any poetry off the blog?) You should come hang out with us in the poetry sections some time.

What kind of poetry are you most interested in?

Volt1911
    @volt1911

XD What even Veraza-I enjoy it, but just like anything else, it gets boring after a while. I’d rather do AND see than just see.

Mmm adventure indeed… sometimes.

Thank you, Evelyn! I had no idea Tolien wrote poetry-now I gotta go check that out. And the others, as well. Are we able to post our poetry for critiques or anything on here?

Songwriting is my main form of poetry, but I write just about anything. Lyrical verse, yeah? Epic poetry is fun to write, too. If that’s a thing… what I mean is the kind of poetry that tells a story, and can be rather long XD. What about you?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@volt1911 Yes! Tolkien wrote poetry (though I must admit my first time reading his series, The Lord of the Rings, I skipped over those passages to get back to the plot) and yes! We all ask for critiques in the poetry section of the forum. It’s very helpful and fun!

Oh neat! I have only dabbled in songwriting. Do you write lyrics for a certain genre of song? Do you have any tips for song-writing?

Yes, epic poetry is a thing. That’s what those ancient texts, The Iliad and The Odyssey are, though my story-telling poems are much, much shorter. xD

Volt1911
    @volt1911

Ah I gotcha, I may have done that as well, come to think of it XD. Sweet! I’ll be posting something for critiques soon in that case…

Cool beans-I write mainly for folk/soft rock and blues I guess. But then again sometimes I write things drastically different from that XD so whatever genre best suits the song. As for tips… remembering your syllable count per line is very useful. And you don’t have to make every line of the song a miniature masterpiece 😂

Ah, alright! There are other epics out there too, some of the ones I’ve read are by more recent authors. It’d be great to see some of your storytelling poetry! That style intrigues me very much-I guess that’s why I kinda went to songwriting.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Heh heh, heh…

You’re the one who posted that doll picture.

Also. I didn’t know you wrote poetry besides songs. Have you finished any “epic poetry”?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Ben… you’ve risen into legend. *facedesk*

Excerpt from convo on YWW:

Me: I need a faceclaim please.

A 19-22 year old guy with tousled blond hair. He’s kinda playful and energetic. and flirty

Skip some comments and then this:

[MMM]: Get Ben’s picture and change the hair color.

Me: OH. XD XD XD

“Liana”: *cracks up* Hey, wait a minute, [MMM]. Ben is only 16. 😜

Me: But he looks older. XD

[MMM]: What she said.

“Liana”: *sigh* Whatever.

Me: I think I need to inform Ben he was a choice for a faceclaim. XD

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

*facepalm* ‘Cause he totally needed to see the entire conversation in detail like that…

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*smirks*

I mean, I woulda screenshotted it but… privacy…

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

*sigh*

I suppose I should be thanking you, then, if that was your intention.

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
    @myclipboardismyviolin

I’ll pass on the Dr. Pepper; Sprite’s my drink.

Pleasure to meet a fellow poet, though. Do you think you would enjoy a poetry reading?

I tend to like all types of poetry, though my mainline ones tend to be about theology and literature. I do like the epic styles – my more recent conquest was reading Dante’s Inferno, heh.

And I have written songs…

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Volt1911
    @volt1911

OH I DID POST THAT PIC

Lol well I never thought I’d be a faceclaim option… I dig it, and give permission to whoever wants to use it 😉XD

@myclipboardismyviolin
    Ah I getcha-well, Sprite is my second. It’s pretty much the only coke I drink overseas.

The pleasure’s both of ours! I’ve not had the opprotunity to go to one, but I think I’d enjoy it. Why?

Alright, sweet I dig that. Wait… Dante’s Inferno is an epic? Well shoot that’s on my must read list now XD

Oh really…? Pray do tell.

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
    @myclipboardismyviolin

The pleasure’s both of ours! I’ve not had the opportunity to go to one, but I think I’d enjoy it. Why?

Alright, sweet I dig that. Wait… Dante’s Inferno is an epic? Well shoot that’s on my must read list now XD

Oh really…? Pray do tell.

idk, I was just wondering if that was your thing. I do enjoy those.

Yep, and the Purgatorio and Paradiso by Dante are both epic poems. The Inferno is simply the first – and most famous – of the three.

Songwriting? Most recent thing ended up here: https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/lyrical-poems-are-welcome-here/page/14/#post-89349

But like, I think I’ve written (and sung, terribly) about 1.5 music albums. I’ve written 2-4, not counting my imaginary collection of EPs and smash hit singles for my highly fictional music career. 😛 At least, at this point, since my ability to write lyrical poetry far outpaces any musical ability I may actually have (I do know how to do some drum and keyboard/xylophone stuff,  from my percussion classes in junior high and high school, but yeah).

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest