Hello to whoever reads this

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello to whoever reads this

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@august-grace I write mostly novels. . . some shorter fiction. I like Historical Fiction, Contemporary, Mystery, Romance, and some Fantasy

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

August Grace
    @august-grace

I’m sorry for not replying to you for ages!

I’m not sure if I’ve asked you this before (forgive me if I have), but what is your favourite book?

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

@august-grace

My favorite book. . . Besides the Bible. Well lately I’ve been reading a lot of non-fictional books. Books for teen girls. They’re SO good and I’ve been reading little else lately.

But if I HAD to pick a favorite fictional book. . . Probably The Fisherman’s Lady and The Marquis Secret by George MacDonald.

August Grace
    @august-grace

Yeah, if I had to only pick ONE book, I’d definitely pick the Bible. I just can’t get over how beautiful and complex it is (unlike my younger self who only said the Bible was my favourite book to look like a ‘good’ person).

My top favourites would have to be Narnia and Fawkes.

What are three books that are on your TBR that you are really looking forward to read?

My answers:

-The Boy Who Steals Houses- C.G. Drews

-The Summoning-Hannah Shoop

-The Ryn- Serena Chase

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

@august-grace

I don’t know. . . I kinda want to read Narnia.  haven’t read it yet. Other than that I’m not sure.

August Grace
    @august-grace

YOU HAVEN’T READ NARNIA BEFORE!?!?

calm down August…

Not gonna lie, I was kinda shocked when I heard about that. But that’s just like as if sombody asked if I liked ‘Stranger Things’ and I’d have to answer that I’d never watched it and didn’t plan to for the rest of my life. Then they would gracefully cough up half and lung and die from lack of oxygen.

And now to the serious stuff. You’re in a guild…. right? Well, (as you maybe have noticed) I have that red and blue picture of a hand a pencil under my user name. I have applied for a guild, so does that mean that I’m in a guild? I didn’t get a notification of anything….. so….. you’re probably laughing at my stupidity right now… umm. I really just um need an answer cos I AM CONFUSED.

Thanks for putting up with the dramatic person (me) over here. 🙂

@august-grace

Yep. Never read it. Always wanted to though. Never watched ‘Stranger Things’ either (and like you, never intend to for the rest of my life).

LOL! That’s kinda how it is when you tell people that you’ve never read Harry Potter and don’t intend to!

Yep I’m in a guild. Yes. The thing under your name does mean you are in the Avensbeck guild. Now when you sign into Story Embers there should be another forum box right under the one that says General Site Info. It should say Avensbeck at the top of it. That’s the guild discussions. You were probably added at the beginning of this month. That’s when I was and they a add one person to each guild at the beginning of each month. Hope that helps. (You might want to go into your guild and introduce yourself there)

August Grace
    @august-grace

Sorry for taking a century and a half to reply. Life has been whirling by faster than a torpedo (aka not giving me time to write to my writer friends on here).

Thanks so much for helping me find out how to get to my guild! I really appreciate it!

And um… now for thedumbest question of the decade, but, IS THERE A PAGE WHERE I CAN INDRODUCE MYSELF IN MY GUILD? I couldn’t find one in mine….  NO MATTER HOW HARD I LOOKED.

*face palms because this makes me sound like a goof*

Anyways, yes totally! A lot of people just look at me like I have just grown seven heads when I say I have no interest in Harry Potter because it is so devoid of God’s Truth.

How is your WIP going?

@august-grace Aye it’s ok! LOL sounds like a lot of our lives!

No prob glad I could help. 🙂

Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn’t, it really depends on the guild. Alot of people make a thread to introduce themselves in the announcements. Hey don’t feel goofy, I didn’t know where to introduce myself at first either!

WHOOO! I’m right with you!! It’s so hard to find people that believe the same way as I do about Harry Potter!!

It’s going well. Yours?

August Grace
    @august-grace

Ooooo! I love your profile picture. Is it new?

hahha thanks for helping. *smiles gratefully*

Yes! *does joyful dance* I’m so happy that I’ve found somebody who agrees with me on Harry Potter!

Mine WIP is almost done!!! I hope I can finish it before NaNoWriMo. Are you going to be doing it this year? This’ll be my first time actually doing it.

Talk soon!

@august-grace

Yep, it’s new! Found it on the internet.

Yeah me too!!! It’s really difficult to find people who do! Outside of my family, there’s nobody else I really know that does agree with me about Harry Potter. Even my close friends read it!

Cool!!! That’s great! I’d love to Beta read it when it’s finished. Well, actually, I’ve never done NaNoWriMo before either and I’m not really sure exactly how it works!

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@august-grace HEY THERE! 😀 Welcome to SE (even though I myself am pretty new here but we’ll just roll with it xD)!

Your WIP sounds AMAZING! <3

Barney Fife
      /BAR-nee fīf/
      noun
      an excellent representation of me

August Grace
      @august-grace

@clevercraftsman

Hello! And thank you!

Thank you for giving me that little bit of encouragement! I’ve been procrastinating but, I am gonna finally finish my WIP today.

Are you going to do NaNoWriMo this year?

August Grace
      @august-grace

I really should find a picture for my profile. I didn’t know though that you could just grab one off the internet. Do you need to make sure that it’s copyright free?

Sure! I’d love you to beta read it! I’ll let you know!

CleverCraftsman
      @clevercraftsman

@august-grace You’re so welcome!

Nope, I’m not doing NaNo this year. I’ve never done it, actually. 😛 Someday (maybe next year lol) I will, but I’ve just got so much chaos on my hands. 😂 And I’m outlining (or trying to 🙈) my most recent WIP, so that’s got all my attention. 🙂

Barney Fife
        /BAR-nee fīf/
        noun
        an excellent representation of me

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest