fb

Hello to whoever reads this

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello to whoever reads this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    August Grace
    @august-grace

*looks at the title and realizes everybody will be cheesed off*

Hi everyone! A newbie here! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

So, I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am a contortionist, acrobat, runner, photographer, filmmaker and fitness fanatic from Australia.

I am currently working on a fantasy novel that looks more like a demolished sand castle rather than the beautiful thing-mag-jig I wanted it to be. *flashback in my brain* Maybe that’s an understatement.

Anyway, if you want to chat…. I’ll be more than happy to!

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@august-grace

Hi, and welcome to SE 🙂

Wow! Some of those things sound soo cool xD

What sort of photography do you like taking? I have a sister who loves it, and I would love to get better and do more of it:)

Do you do gymnastics, then? I used to do it, and I LOVE it.

Cool…you’re from Australia. I live in New Zealand, so I guess we’re kinda nearby. LOL

Just interested, what is your WIP about, if you don’t mind sharing? Totally fine if not:)

Filmmaker sounds super fun.

Anyways, I’m happy to chat with you, as I love talking xD

P.S. How old are you? I am 14…but will be 15 in September 🙂

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@august-grace

Hey, welcome!

Oooh filmmaking. What kind of film? I’ve always wanted to turn my stories into movies.

My oldest sister is a photographer! She sells her stock photos in her Etsy shop.

Yeah, what about your WIP???!!!!

I love chatting!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Kenzie Pimpo
    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hi again, @august-grace!

Wow, your interests sound so cool! Oh, don’t beat yourself up about your WIP. It’ll never become a beautiful thingamajig if you don’t believe in it. I mean- it’s called a WORK IN PROGRESS for a reason! LOL!

I know I already asked this in my own introduction topic, but I’m jumping on with the other two: what’s your WIP about? I mean – not that beautiful thingamajig isn’t enough awesome description – but… XD

And YES. If you want to chat you will see that you’ve just met an expert at chatting- PHD and all, and never even been to college yet. XD XD XD

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

August Grace
    @august-grace

@abigail-rebekah

I love taking portrait photos as well as landscape. I want to do wild life photography in the future as well. I guess you can say I am finding my ‘voice’ or style in this hobby!

Hey that is so cool! I was in NZ a couple of months back with my brother. We want to go again when he has graduated… that’ll be one or two years though. If you don’t mind me asking… are you in the north or south island?

My WIP is about a half blind boy who has ‘lost’ his father. He stumbles across another world and is promised healing for his emotional and physical wounds as soon as he’ slays the darkness’. Only it’s not the healing he is expecting. (see end of message for better description)

oooooooo!!! We are so close! I’m 14 too… only I will be 15 in like 48 hours…

Howdy!!!! Yeah, I love making mountain biking films with my brother (yes, if you did read the bit above to @abigail-rebekah you will probably gather that my bro and I are quite close.) I also want to go into making YT videos and vlogs. 🙂

Hope you saw the bit above about my WIP… I’m terrible at making people excited about fantasy stuff. hehe. Or you can see a more detailed description down below.

Helllllllllllooooooooo! @banana-peacock-warrior

Nice to speak to you again! Haha yeah basicly my WIP is about a half blind boy (he is also going blind in his only eye) who has been ‘deserted’ by his father and his mother died when he was little. He befriends a Mexican girl and together they discover a cipher that will lead them to what their hearts need most. Chase (my MC) believes it will lead to healing from his emotional and phusical pain. Eventually the cipher leads the Mexican girl (Maria) and Chase into another world and a race against time begins. They need to set the land free of the darkness that grows each day… otherwise they and the followers of good will turn into living statues of diamond.

I know that sounds weird *laughs embarrassed* but… fantasy is ‘sposed to be like that I guess.

Thanks to you all for chatting! I’d love to hear more form you!

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@august-grace

Oooh, that’s soo cool. I love those sort of photos, too 🙂

Nice! Where was your favourite place?

I don’t mind at all…

I live in the North Island now, (we only moved up here in February), so I kinda know the South Island better lol. Both are beautiful xD

Wow!!! Your WIP sounds awesome.

Cool. Well, Happy Birthday for in advance 🙂

Just interested…how many siblings do you have? I have 7 xD

You’re welcome. I’m very happy chatting 🙂

Holly Anne
    @holly-anne

@august-grace

Hey!!! Welcome to the realm of SE 😉

Wow you do some pretty awesome things!!! IMPRESSED!!!

I live in NZ, so not too far away lol.

That’s so cool about film-making!!!

I have always been interested in film-making…probably more the acting, soundtrack, and videography side than the screenwriting side…actually forget that…it all sounds super fun lol XD XD XD

That’s cool that you came to NZ recently! Whereabouts did you go?

Oh, and your WIP sounds really cool (totally get the mess-at-the-moment thing lol). I’m sure it will turn out great 🙂

Slightly off-topic question… does your Mexican girl speak Spanish in your WIP? (I love pretty much anything Spanish/Mexican lol)

Anyways, nice to meet you *bows*

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
    Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

@august-grace

Cool. BTW I’m am fifteen!I turn sixteen in March!

Yeah. I always like it when siblings can be close friends as well!

August Grace
    @august-grace

@abigail-rebekah

Hello! How are you?

We were mainly in Christchurch and travelled to the west to Greymouth. I can’t really choose a favorite place. 🙂 I loved the trip over to the west coast! It was so pretty! I also loved Punakaki (IDK if I spelt that right) aka the pancake rocks. We were only there for a week. Next time my brother and I want to go to the North Island because we have friends living in the Hawkes Bay area.

I have two siblings. Wow! Seven! Sometimes I wish I had that many!

Just a question, if there were only two places that you could ever visit, what would it be? Mine would be Africa and second would be NZ.

August Grace
    @august-grace

@holly-anne

Wow!!!!! Another person from NZ! My brother and I stayed mostly in Christchurch but we travelled to the West Coast (aka Greymouth) for a night. While we were in Greymouth we visited Punakaki (the pancake rocks) and binged on the cheap prices at the Warehouse. Haha

Maria (the Mexican girl) does speak Spanish but she was born in Australia (yes, I just had to have the main world set here) while her parents were born in Mexico.

Do you have a current WIP? If you don’t mind me asking, what is it about?

Thank you! *returns bow*

It was lovely to hear from you!

August Grace
    @august-grace

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! I absolutely love the fact that there are people my age here who love the world of words (and chatting!) Plus how the SE community is so positive and kind!

BTW I love the quote you have as your forum signature!

Holly Anne
    @holly-anne

@august-grace

Haha, well @abigail-rebekah is actually my younger sister lol. So yeah. I wonder if we’re like the only people from NZ on here? And we’re not even really ‘real’ Kiwis as our parents are English. So yep. Do you know many other people from ‘the far reaches of the earth (AKA Oceania)’ who are on here?

That’s really cool that you went to Christchurch. We lived there for like years; we only moved up to Auckland a couple of months ago. The scenery is amazing, isn’t it! So great for book inspiration lol.

Oooh, that’s so cool that she speaks Spanish 🙂 I would love to read your book lol.

Oh…my WIP…ummm. That’s interesting lol. I have about a million…Ok, that’s probably a slight exaggeration XD I am trying to decide what WIP to work on, and I am so busy with music and school that I only get to do snippets here and there. I am kinda just doing a couple of short stories and brainstorming at the moment. I know that it is an allegorical fantasy novel, but apart from that, it is a little to messed up to put down clearly on paper lol. It’s sorta a mix between Hope Ann and N.D.Wilson.

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
    Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

ve@august-grace

Hi, *waves*

I’m good thanks 🙂

Cool! Christchurch is nearby where we used to live. It’s nice there and yeah, I totally agree with you – the West Coast is beautiful. I’ve been there quite a lot cus we know people down there. I have been to Punakai before, but I don’t really remember it 🙂

Haha, I’m sure that is the right spelling. If it’s any consolation, I don’t know how to spell it either lol.

Oooh, yeah you should. Hawkes Bay is really nice. We have friends there, too 🙂

Yep, seven siblings are super fun…most of the time lol. It can get a “bit” hectic though, somedays 😉

Good question. One would definitely be America (I went there with my family a few years ago and loved it. I know some families there too :)), and the other would probably be England or Germany. I’m not sure, though. I love history, so I would want to visit all those historic places, like in Europe.

Your ones sound cool 🙂

I have a question for you now…

What countries have you been to, and which was your favourite?

@august-grace

Yeah, there are a lot of nice people on here. I’m having an awesome time meeting people and making friends.

*Blushes* thanks, it’s actually from one of my characters. So yeah. 😉

August Grace
    @august-grace

*smiles because I don’t know how to start this*

I have a question… what is a status update? I keep getting them in my e-mail inbox.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest