Hello there

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Thanks! Though I suppose I don’t know if I’d totally say play, play.  More like I’m teaching myself the guitar, but hey! I’m getting there 😛  Right now, I’m learning the song: “I’m Leaving on a Jet plane” by John Denver.

Lol, yeah, sometimes it can feel like a lot, but you’re right, siblings are great.  Annoying at times, sure, but still pretty great. 😛

Yeah, thanks for the input!  😀 I did decide to finish (or try to, lol) the fantasy novel first, then work on that, ’cause I don’t think I can juggle both, y’know?

Oooh, favorite book? Hmm, that’s a hard question.  I think either the 2nd book, because of Janner’s amazing journey to re-unite with his family, and Kalmar’s struggles that end in his fang-ing, and Artham’s transformation, and Gammon and Maraly are hilarious, and–I’ll stop here and get to the other favorite option: or the last book might be my favorite.  I mean, so many secrets revealed along with heart-breaking history, and Janner’s sacrifice was beautiful beyond words….. How about you?

Wow, that’s amazing!!  I am *cough cough* only on chapter one of my WIP so that seems incredible.  Great job!

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Lona
      @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

I would say the same thing about piano haha. I’m still learning.

Oh cool! I’ve never heard of that song. I’ll have to look it up later.

Sounds good! Honestly, I can’t even juggle rubber balls so I’m impressed when anyone can juggle anything, be it metaphorically or literally.

Yeah I think I have to agree with you on the last book. Though, I also really liked the tales. Is that weird that I liked the ones that weren’t written by Andrew Peterson, but still about his world,  almost as much as the ones he wrote?

Oh, thanks! Now just to organize it all into one cohesive thing…:P

And one chapter is progress! Step by step, my friend. 😀

Mischievous Thwapling
        @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Yes, I am with you on the juggling thing.  Right now, not only am I writing a book, but I’m in 6-ish (maybe soon to be 7) collaborative stories!! I don’t know how I’m alive right now…

Lol, no, it’s not weird.  Andrew Peterson just created such a beautiful, creative, amazing world, you have to love it when there’s anything written in it, even if it’s not always written by him.

And yes, dear Lona, step by step. Step by step. All too often, I wish I could just skip to the end, the part where I have the hang of the guitar, the part where I’m past that pesky plot hole, the part where I’m over the rough bump in one of my relationships, the part where the hard stretch is over.  But then I realized I would skip life itself.  I would literally miss out on life.  Everyday, no matter what chapter of life you’re in, there’s always going to be area that you have to work in.  There’s always going to be a struggle, something hard.  So if I suddenly skipped it, I suppose I would skip to the part where I’m in heaven.  But I’m not ready to go there until Jesus calls me home.  I’m not gonna just wish for that just because I don’t wanna experience the hard stuff.

Wow, that was really long… I’m not usually that deep or poetic, lol.

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Lona
          @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh my, that does sound crazy! I’ve never done a collab story before, though I would like to at some point. How do you like collabs?

I completely agree. Life is rough, but it gets less rough as you learn. Something my mom always says, which I quote her on all the time is, “If it doesn’t kill you then it’s a story.” Which I think is just great way of thinking about things, because you can look at that stress, or that rocky relationship, and find the humor/adventure/suspense in it, and then turn it into something fun or interesting. But again, if it does kill you, well there’s heaven, so no loss there.

And don’t worry about it, it was great! I like your deep poetic-ness.

Mischievous Thwapling
            @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

I like collabs.  They’re fun, and it’s nice to plan and work stuff out for a story with other people.  It’s interesting to see peoples’ different writing styles and characters, and I’ve learned a lot from doing collabs.  One thing I’m not fond about colloabs, though, is how if one person is busy, or is gone for a little bit, the whole story screeches to a stop.  Most of the time, you stop at a certain part in your post to let the other person write their character’s reaction.  But if that person is gone for a while, it can get kinda frustrating… At least, the “waiting for the other character’s reaction” thing is how all of mine go, might be different for other people, like you, though.

Yes, your mom is soo right.  That’s very insightful.

And lol, thanks.  I like your honesty.  As far as I’ve seen, you say your honest opinion and what you think is right, which I have a lot of respect for.:)

Lona
              @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh yeah, I’ve had that problem in role-plays before. I see how collabs would have it to. Though, actually, most of the role-plays I’ve been in had the opposite problem. People would just make my characters do things without my permission and that drove me a little crazy.

Oh why thank you. 🙂 Though, it’s kind of funny to me that you say that, because in real life I almost never say what I think haha. Do you also have two different personalities? An online personality and a real life personality?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Lona.
                Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Oh, really?  That’s been happening to me a bit, too.  I’m on a role-play on a google doc with a bunch of people, and there’s one person who always makes mine do things.  Sometimes I fine with what the person makes my character do, but other times it really annoys me, lol.  So yeah, I get that.

Yes!  I do!  Online, I’d say I’m more–Well, I don’t totally know the word… Maybe, loud almost?  I know that doesn’t really make sense; how can you be “loud” when the person can only see what you’re saying by what you type?  But it’s kinda right. I guess I just crack jokes (even though they’re not funny, lol) online, and I’m more silly sorta, and I’m more outgoing, I suppose.  While in real life, I’m much more quiet and everything, haha.  That “explanation” didn’t really make sense… Sorry.  But that’s another thing!  As much as what I say online is nonsense, what I say in real-life makes even less sense, lol.

Lona
                  @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Exactly! Sometimes the people have great ideas so I’m fine with what they do to my characters, but other times I’m just internally screaming, “But they would never do that! That’s so out of character!” Oh well haha.

Hey, what do you mean haha? Your jokes are great. Anyways jokes without tone and facial expression are hard, so good job to you. And, I think I get what you’re saying about the online loud-ness. It’s just so much easier to get thoughts out when you can type them, so why not just put all of them out there? My friends call it rambling. It’s what happens every time I try and verbally explain my thought process to them. They’ve gotten used to it. 😀

Mischievous Thwapling
                    @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

I completely agree.  People can sometimes guess pretty well what a character can do, but really, I think only the author can truly understand that the most.

Aw, thanks! That means a lot.  My family can never tell when I’m joking for some reason, so they get confused b/c they’re not sure when I’m kidding, lol.

And yes!  I completely get the rambling thing. I do it all the time, both in person and on the internet.  I mean, that’s basically what all my responses to you have been XD. I’ve just been rambling my thoughts to you, haha.

Lona
                      @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Well said.

Oh that’s terrible! I’m sorry for you. My sister doesn’t understand sarcasm so she doesn’t get half of what my brother and I joke about either.

Haha and your rambling thoughts have been very pleasant, thank you. 😀

Mischievous Thwapling
                        @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Aw thank you, Lona!  Really?  So if I said something sarcastic to your sister then, would she sort of get that I’m kidding or would she be rather confused?

Thank you again!! All you have said has been very charming and delightful as well. 😛 I enjoy talking to you so much.

So, here’s a random question (I like asking random questions): What do you look forward to when you first wake up?

Lona
                          @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

She’d be mostly confused since she tends to take everything literally, no matter people’s tones. The best part of it though, is she thinks she knows what sarcasm is, so she’ll be what she calls “sarcastic” and then get annoyed when the rest of my family is just trying not to laugh.

Aw thank you! It’s a delight talking to you too. 😀

Oh, coffee for sure. Coffee is amazing haha and I mean, it wakes me up so I can function for my too-early school classes so that’s nice too. How about you? (And I agree, random questions are great.)

Wingiby Iggiby
                            @wingiby-iggiby

@lona-the-cat

When you see your friend next, tell her thank you from me for having you read them (just kidding lol, but seriously, I’m SO glad you did!).

Peet was probably my favorite character, if not Leeli. How about you?

I LOVE Peet! His struggle is so heartbreaking, and yet, he can be so funny! But all of the characters are invaluable, and I love them all. However, I love Podo, and of course, the jewels and Nia and Esben. And Olumphia, and Rudric, and Gammon and Maraly and Nurgabog and Oood and– you know what I mean 😛

Oh, ok, cool! Sounds like a great organization! I wish you luck on your badge earning.

Thank you! I was probably a little long winded in the description of it, I just can’t ever make anything short…. *sigh*….

Nice! And oooh so then I bet there’s a power struggle with people for  The Point of Travores? That is, if it can be held as a possession.

Yes! The One (the bad guy) wants it, but nobody else really knows about it, except for my character who is trying to either destroy it or hide it, anything to keep him from getting it. It, it, it. I wish there was another word to use…

Also, I know I’m a bit snoopy, but I was reading your’s and Thwaplings conversation, and I totally agree with y’all! I don’t like it when people try to control characters (although that hasn’t really happened to me since everybody I’ve ever done it with are so considerate); sometimes folks just don’t get my jokes (arrggg); and poetical speech is just sometimes needed. I hope I wasn’t intruding! If I was, ignore me 😉

Also, Lona, I’ll try to find time to read your story. I’ve been trying to not be on the computer too much to do other things, and then I get overwhelmed with trying to answer posts… *sigh*

I know you got mountains to climb,
                              But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Mischievous Thwapling
                              @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Ahh, that makes sense and is pretty funny 😛

Thanks!! As it turns out, I guess rambled thoughts between people can be quite fun 😉

YES!! Coffee is the best!  Though I hardly get to drink it ’cause.. well.. I’m a child who is constantly told to stop wiggling ( and who also may or may not be able to be described as hyper-active :P), so just imagine if caffeine was tossed in there.. *eyes grow large at the endless possibilities while family members shudder at the thought* But seriously, I love coffee.  As for me, I’m not totally sure… Maybe the time right before my dad leaves for work, and my older brother for school, and my other older brother goes to do school (The first brother goes for half a day then homeschools, then the other takes online classes full-time, like he’s homeschooled, not bc of COVID), and before I have to go do school, and my little siblings the same.  The time when everyone is just hanging out and laughing for a few minutes.. 🙂

@wingiby-iggiby

Don’t worry about intruding!! After all, everything someone says is kinda in full public view so.. 😛

But yes, I agree with everything you just said you agree with me on 😛 And oh, I suppose I’m one of those amazingly considerate people? *grins and slicks back hair* Ok, ok, I’m kidding 😛 I really need to work on being considerate.

Lona
                                @lonathecat

@wingiby-iggiby

Will do. Though, it might be awhile before I see her with all the social distancing stuff haha.

Yes, they are all so lovable, and making that many lovable characters is not easy. So, Andrew Peterson, you have my respect.

And don’t worry about it! Long isn’t bad! As I was saying to Thwapling, rambling is one of my many *talents*, so I won’t judge. I actually find rambling, whether I’m doing it or listening to someone else do it, very entertaining. 😀

Oooh sounds exciting! I’d love to read it if you ever need a beta-reader. (Though- full disclosure- I have never actually beta-read for anyone before, so I’m not sure how helpful I’d be. Ah well. :P)

No, definitely not intruding! Intruders carry large pointy weapons and have a very ungracious vocabulary, at least when it comes to books and medieval fantasy. Seeing as you do not have either, you are welcome here. 😀

Oh yay! Take your time though, productivity is good. (Even if procrastination can be fun. :P)

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh my haha. I can’t decide whether I want to give you coffee just to see what happens, or if I should be scared and lock all my coffee in a vault and then bury the key.

I’m the calmest person in my family, so no one really cares if I have like 3 mugs of coffee in a day. 😛

That does sound nice! Is your family not all in the house together very often? I’ve been homeschooled (the traditional kind- not distance learning) for 10 years, so I can’t say I don’t get enough time with my siblings. Pros and cons haha. Are you homeschooled or do you do a distance learning thing?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest