fb

Hello there!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    camohunter19
    @camohunter19

For years I have struggled with finding a community of writers who love Christ. I’m nearing the end of my major (Creative Writing with Teaching Endorsement Option), which means that my opportunity to find believers who write is also ending.

That’s okay, though, because there is Story Embers. I’m glad that I’ve been accepted into this community to learn more about writing with all of you.

My interests outside of reading and writing are cats, Pokemon Go, and cooking. Right now I am reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and Wolf in Shadow by David Gemmel. Though, to be honest, they are on hold for the moment while I read for school.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@camohunter19

Hey!! It’s great you found us!!

(I love the name btw)

So what kinda stuff do you like to write/read most?

Do you like to listen to music?

Do you write poetry

Sold souls and dead promises

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@camohunter19

Hiya!

Story Embers is pretty great. I mean, I’ve only really been on the forums for a few days, but I’ve been following the community for a little while now :).

Happy to have you with us! (Also, cats are a wonderful interest. I fully support.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

camohunter19
    @camohunter19

@camohunter19 Hey!! It’s great you found us!! (I love the name btw) So what kinda stuff do you like to write/read most? Do you like to listen to music? Do you write poetry

Thanks for liking my name. I chose it when I was twelve.

Generally, I write folk fiction (think parables, fables, and fairy tales). Sometimes I like to branch out into magical realism or fantasy, if the story seems to call for it. I don’t have any particular genre that I like to read, but I like to keep it at about 2 or 3 books at a time, with one nonfiction/Christian book, and one or two fiction books. Fantasy is always fun to read, but I enjoy Westerns, Sci-Fi, Classics of all genres, and magical realism as well.

I listen to music, and my taste there varies wildly as well, though right now I’m on a bit of a folk kick. Maybe tomorrow it will be something different.

I don’t really write poetry, but people say that my prose can be very poetic, does that count?

@camohunter19 Hiya! Story Embers is pretty great. I mean, I’ve only really been on the forums for a few days, but I’ve been following the community for a little while now :). Happy to have you with us! (Also, cats are a wonderful interest. I fully support.)

I’ve been lurking too–listening to podcasts, reading articles. I figured it was time to make myself known (also I appreciate how you support my interest in cats, and I support yours as well).

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@camohunter19

@naiya-dyani

Ah, yes, cats! I love cats. They are so sweet, lovable, and fun. My current WIP has a MC with a cat. 🙂

@camohunter19

Do you read his-fic at all, as well? That’s mostly what I read & write.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

camohunter19
    @camohunter19

@camohunter19 Do you read his-fic at all, as well? That’s mostly what I read & write.

Not nearly as often as I should, but I do have The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George on my shelf and I have some pretty serious intentions of reading it one day. I’ve also listened to Fawkes on audiobook, and that was very good as well.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by camohunter19.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest