fb

Hello there~

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@donna-darling I really enjoy Lore (and weird spoopy stuff in general; Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti used to be my jam, now it’s more Stephen King and way too much anime), though I’ve not listened to any Night Vale. I got the Audible book a few days ago on sale, but not sure when I’ll actually listen to it =P

And I also happen to be a third generation Polish-American on my mom’s side! And a home school graduate. Hmm. I’m pretty sure we’re twins separated at birth. Which one of us do you think is the evil one?

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@h-jones Yes, it is! I have so much to be proud of on my Polish side, and even more on my Jewish side! ^0^

Oh, thank you for asking!! My current WIP is a short story (intended to be an introduction to a longer series) about a boy living in Victorian Era America who becomes the Grim Reaper’s assistant, and he has to help him hunt down the ghost of a serial killer. It’s sort of a light-horror story with a semi-comedic tone. 😀 And yeah, that’s the start of my baby, and pretty much the kind of content you can expect from me!

How about you? Tell me about some of your work!

@taylorclogston
    Ooh, nice!! I’ve always wanted a long-lost twin! I hope I’m the evil one. >:3c

Ooh, hey, do you know any good horror anime? 😮

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Donna Darling.

Lover of spoop, baker of cake, ENFP, proud Hufflepuff.

Hedges
    @h-jones

@donna-darling What?? Polish and Jewish?? I envy you, truly. xD That’s super awesome!

Wow, that actually sounds really interesting! I do have to be cautious around horror just because of my personal limitations (anxiety, blergh), but the vibe of it feels really cool! Very neat. I approve. *thumbs-up*

Thank you for the inquiry! 🙂 As of write now I’m not really working on any huge projects – just a little, for-fun type thing about a princess named Heather (fully aware that such is my pen name – it was intentional, because I was bored and was like, I should makE A STORY ABOUT MEEEEE xD) that will perhaps turn into a story. I… really don’t have much of anything planned… but you can read the first chapter here if you’re interested. It’s very short. xD Other than that, I typically write poetry. 🙂

Do you like video games?

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@donna-darling Maybe we can both be the evil ones =P

Now that I think about it I don’t actually care for horror anime that much. Most of the big popular ones are really cringy and usually the manga was way better. Shiki and Steins;Gate are both pretty good until their plots kick into gear at which point I think they both get pretty stupid, but they’ve got great atmosphere up til then. Berserk is just strictly 1000000000% better as a manga. Psycho Pass is really good, even if it’s not terribly horror-ish, and Akira is great in that same vein. If Madoka Magica counts, that’s really good too. There’s of course Junji Ito which is in the same category as Berserk, and while I don’t know if it ever became an anime I really liked Eden no Ori back in the day. Sorry I’m not giving you anything terribly obscure, I’m sure you’re familiar with all this already =P

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@h-jones Haha, thanks!! It’s my opinion though that everyone’s heritage has beautiful and interesting about it~ Do you know anything about your family’s background?

Ahh, that’s understandable. u-u Thank you for your kind words!

Ah, fun! I’d like to read that. Where on here can I find that? Also, a poet! Awesome!!

Yes, I do! Not a lot tho, and usually PC games. I typically enjoy point-and-click mystery adventures, like the Her Interactive Nancy Drew games among others. (Come to think of it I still need to finish Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack the Ripper…) I do like other kind of games, but that tends to be what I gravitate to. I’d probably play more of a variety if I had more opportunity. How about you? :3

@taylorclogston
    I can accept this compromise.

That’s fine! I kind of have the same problem, hence why I asked. XD; Thanks for the recs! There were some familiar names in there, but I wasn’t sure how good any of them were. I’ll keep your words in mind~

How about you, what kind of stuff do you write? Do you play video games? XD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Donna Darling.

Lover of spoop, baker of cake, ENFP, proud Hufflepuff.

Hedges
    @h-jones

@donna-darling A little; only that there’s some Dutch in there somewhere, I’m pretty sure. Sadly, our family doesn’t know much about its heritage. Oh! I do know, however, that our ancestors were whalers on the East Coast of America, and Moby Dick has a character that was inspired by one of my forefathers, so that’s super cool. 😀

You’re more than welcome. 🙂

Oh! Click this and it’ll take you to my story. 🙂

Oh dude, that sound fun!! I’ve actually never played those kinds of games, at least not that I can remember, but they sound great. Sadly, like you said, I don’t have much opportunity since we have very limited consoles. xD Our family actually plays them very little, but we did have a Nintendo Switch for a time where I had the opportunity to play Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, if you’re familiar with the name. xD And it is amazing. If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend. *thumbs-up*

What do you most like about being an ENFP?

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest