fb

Hello there~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

I’m Donna Darling! (Or that’s my pen name at least.) I’m a recent home school graduate and former (unpublished) fanfiction writer.

Storytelling has been my life-long passion, and story-telling for Jesus is my ultimate goal. I write paranormal/fantasy fiction now, tending to create creepy stories with lots of humor and heart.

I’m so excited to be here! I’ve been longing for a Christian writers site for ages, and haven’t known where to start looking! Hello everyone! 😀

Lover of spoop, baker of cake, ENFP, proud Hufflepuff.

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@donna-darling

Hello and welcome from a fellow newcomer!!!! It is really exciting to finally find something like this.

Can I ask how you came up with your pen name? I am so stuck on a pen name for myself and always wonder how people come up with theirs. Thanks ahead of time 🙂

I’m a 17 year old senior btw.

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@donna-darling Hello! I hope you enjoy your time on Story Embers! Are you planning to join a guild?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@samantha-pen Thank you!!!! 😀

I came up with my pen name when I was 14. Donna because it’s the English translation of my real first name (which is Polish), and Darling because…Idk. It was alliterative? Probably mostly because it sounded cute. I went through several more intended pen names before settling back on this one because I realized that I actually kind of still liked it.

Good luck with finding yours! :3

@the-fledgling-artist
    Thank you! I’m really looking forward to this! And yes, I hope to, but I’m not sure which one yet. How does one figure that out? o3o

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Donna Darling.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@donna-darling I believe they assign you to one based off how you answer their questions? That way they can pair you with a Guild Master who can help you with your weaknesses.  I’m in the (only) visual arts guild, so I’m not entirely sure how it works for the writing guilds. Maybe if you requested to be placed in a specific one they would accommodate that? But yeah, not really sure. 😉

How did you learn about SE?

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@the-fledgling-artist Ah, ok~ o3o

Well, I believe it all started when something on Facebook (don’t really remember what) led me to the Christian Storytellers Manifesto. I thought it sounded awesome, so I signed it, and that naturally lead to me looking at Story Embers some more. I ended up signing up for their mailing list, which lead to me getting an email recommending the forum. I thought it sounded amazing, so here I am. :3

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@donna-darling Wow that’s so cool! I’m glad you’re here. ^-^ Have you checked out the blog yet? They have lots of really good articles and short stories. Highly recommend.

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@the-fledgling-artist Thank you! Me too! I’ll have to check it out then~

Anonymous

Welcome @donna-darling to Story Embers!

I’m Emily. (At least, Thats my internet name.)

I’m a Christian, Star Wars fan, ENFP, and homeschooler. My genres are Si-Fi and Fantasy.

So, how about you? I see you are also an ENFP! High Fives.

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@millennium-m Thank you!

Hello Emily! Heck yes!! High fives back Woot! Homeschoolers unite!

I’m a fan of C.S. Lewis, spooky podcasts (like Lore and Welcome to Night Vale), all things Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter (new fan), and Doctor Who (also new).

I tend to write creepy (and comedic) Paranormal/Fantasy, although I also dabble in mystery and sci-fi (and sometimes romantic comedy–sometimes).

Anonymous

@donna-darling, I am also a C.S. Lewis fan! I’ve never been into creepy stuff but I intend to read Harry Potter soon.

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@millennium-m You totally should! Those books are amazing!

Ah well, creepy stuff isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Rest assured though, should you read anything I write, I tend to strive for a more light-hearted and humorous tone.

(Oh! And I forgot to mention my passionate love for cartoons!! Shows like Gravity Falls have had a strong impact on my sense of humor and writing!)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Donna Darling.

Hedges
    @h-jones

Fellow fanfiction writer! Greetings! I’m so glad you’ve joined our collaborative ranks. Love your pen name, by the way. 🙂

Are you Polish? Just wondering, after reading a bit about your name.

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@h-jones Heyo, more of my people~ Thank you!!

And yes, I am a third generation Polish-American (among other things, lol)! I’m named after my all-Polish grandmother. :3

Hedges
    @h-jones

@donna-darling Bruh, that is super cool. It must be super neato to know your heritage!

What are some of your stories about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest