Hello! *shy wave*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! *shy wave*

This topic contains 165 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Silver Shadow 1 day, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I go to Immaculate Conception Church in Omaha, NE.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@tashah-claymore

And…. I still don’t know what Avatar’s about…

ExCuSe Me BuT dId YoU jUsT sAy RpG!?!?

Which one does he play? Do you play it? Do you play any others? If you do, do you enoy it?

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Sorry, but I’d rather not say, for safety reasons. It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s that anyone browsing SE, whether they’re a member or not, can see this post. 🙂

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Sagastume
    @futuro

@tashah-claymore

Welcome to Story Embers!

Call me Camp is Fun or @futuro but preferably Camp is Fun.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Sagastume.

Need some music? Flyleaf, BarlowGirl, Christina Grimmie, Billie Eilish, and Mandy Harvey.

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@kari-karast allow me to explain without spoilers.  The movie is set on Pandora, a planet inhabited by the Na’vi people.  Humans come to Pandora to mine unobtanium, a precious mineral.  While doing this, they are attempting to gain the trust of the Na’vi people so that they can mine in peace without bloodshed.  To do so, they combine human and Na’vi DNA and grow bodies called Avatars.  The bodies look extremely similar to the Na’vi people, and are paired to a particular human (the same person who’s DNA was used for that particular body).  Jake Sully, the main character, had a twin brother who was going to be an Avatar on Pandora, but he was murdered.  So since Jake’s DNA was practically identical, he could be paired with the Avatar his brother was going to have.  He goes among the Na’vi, hoping to gain their trust.  Humans and Na’vi end up fighting, because the Na’vi are extremely mad that their forests, including sites sacred to them, are being destroyed.  Aaaand that’s all I’m gonna say about it.

These are the Na’vi people.

Yes, I did say RPG.  I don’t know exactly what it’s called, if it even has a title, but he plays it with all his college friends.  He made his own character (dwarf, I think) and there’s a Game Master (GM) and dice to randomize things and stuff.  I really want to play the RPG with him.  I’m going out to visit him in October, so maybe I’ll be able to get in on it.  I hope I can!

@futuro Camp is Fun thank you!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@tashah-claymore

Nice!

Do itttttt. RPGs are amazingggggg

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@kari-karast I will make sure I get in on one!  From what my bro tells me they are a ton of fun.

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I go to this church plant that is called Emmanuel Fellowship.

Aislinn Mollisong
      @aislinn-mollisong

HEY TASHAH IT’S ME ACE YES I’M ACTUALLY ON HI

*ahem*

Figured I might as well say oya, since you just joined and all.

@tashah-claymore

Hero with an overactive imagination

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@aislinn-mollisong Is oya the neeue thang ta saay?

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@aislinn-mollisong

Why, hello there, Ace!  Good to see you’re actually active!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
      @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kari-karast Ok that’s totally cool.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@w-o-holmes @tashah-claymore @kari-karast @everybodyelseimissed

I’m just gonna kinda jump in the middle of all this here and answer a few of the questions I saw were asked 😀 I’ll miss some of them for sure, BUT!

@w-o-holmes asked “are any of you on here Christians?” It depends on what your definition of Christian is. My (and my family’s) definition is someone who has been baptized into the church of Christ (the original and true church of Christ, without all the stuff than mankind has added) in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, who has admitted that Jesus Christ is the son of God. I am actually not a Christian, as I have not been baptized yet. So, no. I do not even consider myself to be one, because, simply, I am not one yet. Now, before anybody starts looking at me weird (even if you do, I don’t care, because I’m not supposed to be ashamed of what I believe), I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is his son, I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and all that. But I haven’t been called yet. (I’m going to assume that everyone knows what I mean by that?) And I’d rather not be baptized and then turn back, you know? God said in Revelations somewhere that he’d rather we were cold OR hot. So I want to make sure that I can continue in the faith before I go and put my hand to the plow.

Somebody else (I think it was @emberynus-the-dragonslayer) asked “what churches do you all go to?” Me and some of my family meet every Sunday at my grandparents’ house and hold worship there. It’s a small group, just me, my brother, mom, dad, granny, granddaddy, two uncles and an aunt. (We use King James, by the way.)

(I welcome any questions about my belief, and I’ll do my best to answer them honestly and wisely to the best of my understanding)

And @w-o-holmes, your languages look really cool!! Lathraen especially.

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

Oh yes, and somebody (probably @w-o-holmes ) also asked “what’s your favorite coffee?”  I actually don’t care for straight coffee. I want to like it, so I’m going to keep trying it. I do love mocha cappuccinos, though!!  Anybody have suggestions how to like coffee?? Or what kind to try first? I haven’t had it (straight) in a while, so I want to get a fresh start.

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

Oh yes, and @tashah-claymore I love your name!! (both pen name and actual name! And I shall honor your wishes and call you Tashah!)

I’m actually going to post something about this on my profile in a minute, so you can go there and read the details, but my pen name is Livi Ryddle! (But you can call me Anne (my usual internet name), Olivia (my actual name), Livi, whichever lol)

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@anne_the_noob14

Ok, so there are a few things that you said about baptism and Christianity that aren’t exactly true (maybe not baptism, but I’ll delve into that [because you brought it up; beware! :)] too). So the act of getting baptized, specifically by another Christian is in obedience to what God demands of us. And we joyfully obey (Christians). You don’t become a Christian by being baptized. Baptism is something that we obey.

Baptism is a public proclamation of one’s confession of their sins before God. It is a symbolic representation of the rebirth; we are born again in Christ. We are immersed fully in Him (when we go fully under the water). Christ’s righteousness is imputed to us when we repent and believe the gospel. (The water is representative here in this next sentence as Christ. And always.) After giving your testimony, you are above the water, then you are fully immersed by the water into the water, and out of the water: a representation of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. I’ll give you some verses that show this in a moment. 🙂 (BTW, I’m just learning this in a men’s Bible-study and through the sermons that I’m listening to, so I’m really excited about it!) Anyway, this is why water is used. We get soaked. We are immersed fully and completely into the Body and also into God’s hand. But, like I said before, this is a representation. It really is a representation of Justification (note: Justification is when we repent [place our trust and faith in Him], and believe the Gospel. When we do, our sin is set upon Christ on the cross, and His perfectness, His righteousness, is imputed to us. Justification is not a long, continuing thing. It is an instantaneous declaration by God that the sinner is righteous and right before Him. You repent and believe and BAM! Then comes sanctification.) Baptism is a representation of (a Christian) being clothed in Christ and His righteousness and coming out new and transformed being, ready to start a new life in Him. When you are baptized you are publicly proclaiming your faith in Him. Again, this is all a representation of your Justification. Now, words are words and will always be words. Here are some verses to show that the above statements are true. (NASV): Mark 10:32-40 – This, here, is Jesus telling his disciples about his “baptism”. The difference is that his baptism would be in blood and our baptism is in righteousness, for His righteousness is imputed upon us when we repent and believe. – Luke 12:50. Next: Romans 6, specifically verses 3 and 4. This speaks of our justification into his body. This chapter also speaks about life after justification: sanctification. Sanctification is our growing in Christ in all ways until we die after we repent and believe. It is Christ’s working in us (as He is now in us [Christians]) as tools to further his glory. We are part of His Body, He is our righteousness. We are tools in our Maker’s hands. We are the pot being crafted and continually being perfected by the Potter. Yes, we still sin, but we now have the ability NOT to sin. Before we believed, we could only sin. We were slaves to sin. But now, as we are being perfected by Christ through sanctification, we are slaves to righteousness (Ephesians 4:1). Isn’t that a wonderful thought? I would implore you also to read Ephesians. (NOTE: just in case you’re not, I would advise reading these verses as they come along here; it will make much more sense.) (another note: I would advise reading Romans 6 thoroughly. It talks about the old self and the new. Wisdom abounds!) 1 Corinthians 12:11-13. Colossians 2:12-15. (v. 14): “…nailed it to the cross.” Our sins are now on the cross. It’s like a book. That book is all our sins wrapped up. After one repents and believes in Him and places their faith and trust in Him, God takes that book and blinks it out of existence. !!! Ephesians 1:7-14. Acts 2:38 (the command to be baptized). Matthew 28:19 (the command to the saints [Christians]). 1 Corinthians 12:13

I’m not pushing this in your face and telling and demanding that you are very wrong and all that. 🙂 I’m coming humbly to you as a Christian to present the Gospel, and I’m not trying to be rude or anything. 🙂

I hope you take this all into consideration! 🙂 Questions?

Thank you! (languages)

On coffee, I would suggest trying different mixtures and types. I guess it could take some getting used to, but it all starts with when you start liking the smell! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest