Hello! *shy wave*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! *shy wave*

This topic contains 165 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Silver Shadow 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14 welcome to our little discussion!  Nice to meet you!

I’m glad you like my names!  Yours are cool, too!  Any preference which one I call you?  I always feel awkward when someone gives me so many choices and says they don’t care which one.  It always makes me think “but what if you do care and I mess this up?”  I’m weird that way.  Also, Silver Shadow is my nickname/Killjoy name so you can call me that if you want.  So yeah y’all can call me Silver or Tashah.  Between those two, I have no preference whatsoever.

For coffee, I don’t like it straight, either.  Adding a little heavy cream+chocolate syrup is amazing, though.  But if you want to be able to drink it straight I’d guess maybe just add a little bit of something to straight coffee until it’s pretty much borderline what you can stand and slowly add less?

Do you have a main WIP (Work In Progress, in case you don’t know)?  Do you write poetry, short stories, flash fiction, novels, non-fiction, or comics?  I’m assuming you write at least something, considering the main point of this website/forum/thing.

I’m just gonna ask you a bunch of questions . . . I hope you don’t mind.  I will also answer them about myself.

Favorite music genera (mine’s rock)?  Band/artist (mine’s My Chemical Romance?  Do you play music (I play piano, violin, cello, and acoustic guitar)?  Do art (any medium)(I do a decent bit with various mediums)?  Favorite author (I could list a lot)?  Favorite book (I could list a lot here, too.  Let me know if you want the list of this and my favorite authors)?  Any pets/animals (I have about 30 chickens, 1 Welsh pony, 1 Bernese Mountain Dog, and 13 cats)?

I think that’s it.  Feel free to bombard me with your own questions if you have any!  That goes for everyone here, really.  I’ll answer pretty much anything I’m asked.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@w-o-holmes

Baptism is a public proclamation of one’s confession of their sins before God. It is a symbolic representation of the rebirth; we are born again in Christ. We are immersed fully in Him (when we go fully under the water). Christ’s righteousness is imputed to us when we repent and believe the gospel.

Oh! So true! 👍 I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said Will! That’s how my parents have taught me.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@w-o-holmes “I’m not pushing this in your face and telling and demanding that you are very wrong and all that.”    *nods* No, no. I get it. And perhaps I am wrong, and/or don’t understand completely what I’ve been taught by my parents and all. And I will try my best to not turn this into a full-fledged argument 😛 But I would like to know what your definition of “Christian” is. Because either we have different definitions (which could likely be the case), or I don’t fully understand my congregation’s definition (which could also likely be the case). And again, I don’t want to argue with anybody, and please don’t feel like this is an argument. I simply want to make sure I understand you, and you understand me. And, of course, I want to make sure I understand my own belief, so if you end up asking a question I can’t answer, this will help me get a list of things to ask my parents 🙂

As a side note, and one that I don’t particularly wish to make any more specific comments on (since we’re supposed to avoid strife if at all possible), since we use different “versions” of the Bible, there will be things we have different views on (I was pleased to read that we have the same view on the correct way to be baptized, however). As I said, I don’t want to make any specific comments. But just so we both realize that we are each going to probably have at least some views that we each stick to and defend. (And I would also like to note that I don’t wish to argue over which “version” of all the “versions” out there is the correct, true, unaltered Bible. And I, myself, am going to refrain from quoting scripture, for the reason that a verse in mine may not be the same as a verse in yours, and so we could end up confusing each other even more. (please note that I’m not saying you shouldn’t have been quoting it, I’m just saying that it may be better to just say something along the lines of: “Somewhere it says that {insert lesson here}. It’s probably in {insert book here}”))

I think that’s all I have for now, until you reply.

You’re welcome! (languages)

I LOVE the smell of coffee… If someone could die from smelling it too much (like I do with vanilla when I’m cooking. I’ll just sit there and smell it XD ), I would gladly die that way.. (joking)

@tashah-claymore Nice to meet you, too! 😀

Thanks! I don’t have a preference, but I usually introduce myself as Anne, so to avoid confusion amongst (is that how you spell it??) those who know me as Anne, you could call me that! Ok! I’ll probably end up calling you Tashah, since it’s in your tag 🙂

*nods* I’ll probably try that. We have a coffee-maker (none of my family drink it besides a couple aunts, we just have it in case of company) so I can make it whenever. Also my mom has a recipe (that’s REALLY good) for homemade chocolate syrup that turns into more like fudge when you refrigerate it. So I’ll probably use that 😛

Yes! I’m working on the outline of a short story at the moment. I’ve tried to do novels a couple times, but IT TAKES SO LONG AND I DON’T HAVE THE PATIENCE!!!

*coughs* ahem.

I’m going to post about it when I get more details worked out, but the basic idea is there’s this girl, a witche. (yes, with an “e” on the end. “Witche” is feminine, “witch” is masculine or gender-neutral) (also, “witch” is a very broad term. It covers everybody from a midwife who’s really good with medicinal herbs, to the stereotypical old ladies on broomsticks with black hats and creepy cats in the window) And anyway, she stumbles upon this owl who’s been sent to ask for help, because there’s this kingdom that’s always been suspicious of owls (because reasons), and the owls have now been blamed for these kidnappings that are going on, and long story short, this girl has to capture the bad guys who’ve been kidnapping these kids and clear the owls’ names. (Now, before you toss this aside as a cutesy little kids’ story like my cousin did, it’s going to be written for teen/young adult, so it shouldn’t be cutesy and boring XD)

I write poetry (you can check out the couplet war going on over in the poetry discussions, under the thread name “I HAVE A POETIC CHALLENGE” or something like that), short stories (never non-fiction: too many boundaries), and I have tried the occasional novel, but I need something that I can finish rather quickly, because I run out of content ideas too soon to write a whole novel.

No, no! I love questions! (And I love asking them!)

Favorite music genre? Oh gee… I really dunno XD I like pop, rock, some k-pop… Country, r&b… Lots!!

Band/artist? Again, a lot! Shawn Mendes, Home Free, Panic! At The Disco (some of his songs aren’t clean, so be careful..), and a bunch of others. I also have a bunch of random songs that I love, but I don’t care for any of that artist’s other songs.

Do you play music? Piano and (a little) guitar. I need to practice more, but THERE’S NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY AAAHHHH

*coughs* ahem.

Do art (any medium)? Yes! I’m not very good, but I mainly do pencil/ink. My “style” is kinda a mix of manga/anime/(sometimes)chibi, and something random.

Favorite author? HARD QUESTION AAAAHHH   ok well I really like Tolkien. And John Flanagan, Joseph Delaney, Rick Riordan, Edgar Allen Poe, S.S. Taylor… and @wordsmith 😛 (no, but really. I’ve read quite a bit of his stuff and it’s awesome)

Favorite book? HARD HARD HARD AAAAHHHH   umm… Lord of The Rings is awesome. The Hobbit is awesome. The “The Ranger’s Apprentice” series is awesome.

Any pets/animals? Yes! A cat (she’s a stray that we’ve had since she showed up at our house about five years ago), two dogs (a Great Pyrenees, and a mutt who showed up last month), a turkey, some ducks (nine, I think), and chickens (I think 25-ish). Not sure what all breeds of birds we have… I know we have some barred rocks, a buff orpington, and a couple cochins. And the ducks are Pekings and Khaki Campbells. The rest are either mutts or some other breed that I don’t remember. But they’re beautiful 😀 😀

I’ve gotta go eat lunch now before I starve, but I’ll come back later and ask some questions of my own XD

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@tashah-claymore

Hi and welcome to SE 🙂

I really like your name btw. It’s very pretty.

Your genres sound really cool. I like reading fantasy, but haven’t tried writing it before 🙂

How old are you?

Do you have a current WIP?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14 then Anne is what I shall call you!

(yes, amongst is correct)  Do you think your Mom would be willing to share that homemade chocolate syrup recipe? It sounds AMAZING!

With novels, I have yet to finish one.  But even though I don’t have the greatest patience, I’m also extremely stubborn and won’t let go of a story unless I lose interest in it, and that rarely happens.

Your short story sounds really cool!  From what you told me, it could be either really epic or geared towards kids, so I’m glad you’re going the epic route!

I’ve written one poem which is halfway decent.  I’ve tried since then but it just doesn’t work.  I’ll definitely have to go check out yours, though!

Rock isn’t the only genera I listen to, just the main one.  I also listen to heavy metal quite a bit.  I like pretty much every genera except classical, jazz and pop.  I listen to P!atD a lot, so I know what you mean with the language.  MCR also has language in it, but I kind of don’t mind . . . that might sound horrible.  Usually I don’t mind language in a song if the main message of the song is good and if that language is not taking the Lord’s Name in vain.  I don’t know much guitar, either.  As of right now, I only know 2 chords.  It’s unfortunate.  I’d love to see a pic of your artwork sometime!  If you don’t mind, of course.  I don’t really have a particular style, but I think I tend to be more realistic with my art.  That could be because of the art class I’m in (which is awesome cuz we get to do a whole bunch of everything not just one medium).  I’m not really good at people yet, but I’d like to get good at a semi-realistic-anime-type thing.  Kind of like the art in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and LoZ: Skyward Sword.  Tolkien, John Flanagan, and Edgar Allen Poe I’ve heard of, and really like!  I recently(ish) got the last few books of the Ranger’s Apprentice series, and I’m SO HAPPY I own the whole thing now!  Now I need to get all the Brotherband Chronicles books.  Plus like, a million others . . . .  A lot of the cats we own were strays, or the now-grown-up kittens of those strays.  In fact, the first cat we got is the ONLY one we got on purpose.  And my dog was born missing an ear, so we got her for free, which is nice, because Bernese usually sell for $1000+ per puppy.  That’s cool you own a turkey!  Is it sort of an outdoor pet or are you getting it ready to be eaten?  I usually don’t like ducks that are contained, but that’s probably because the only experience I’ve had seeing that is at my neighbor’s house and the ducks are always in the dirt/mud.  (it wasn’t cruel at all, just messy and smelly)

I’m looking forward to answering your questions!

@abigail-rebekah

Hello!  Thank you!

I’m glad you like my name!  Yours is cool, too!

Writing fantasy is awesome, especially because you can make your own rules and Races and world and everything.  There’s a lot of freedom.  But the amount of choices actually isn’t daunting.  You pretty much just make your world to fit your story.  What genres do you write?

I’m 17 years old, what about you?

I uh . . . heh heh.  I have a lot of WIP’s.  I’m trying to focus on one, so my main WIP is Warriors Unite.  My next main WIP is Greater Good, which started out as a short story for a competition but I love it so much I’m also making it into a full-length book.  And then I have a whole bunch of other story ideas in addition to those two.  Do you have a WIP?  Or do you have several like I do?

Also, your profile pic is awesome!  And your last name (Rebekah) is the first name of my best friend!  Same spelling, too!  (she’s not on SE so don’t waste time looking)

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@tashah-claymore 😀

(ok good lol. Autocorrect didn’t like it, but I went with it anyway XD) Yes! Here ya go:

2 cups cream

4 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

3/4 regular sugar (I think with the sugar she used just the Zulka brand of granulated sugar for both? You could experiment and see what works best and what you like)

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (dunno why you couldn’t use milk chocolate, but you’d probably wanna cut back the sugar if you did)

1 1/4 cups cocoa

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine cream, butter, sugar and salt. Simmer 45 seconds. Add chocolate, whisk to dissolve. Remove from heat, add cocoa, whisk. Simmer until glossy, whisking it (Should take about 20 seconds). Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Let me know if you make it, and how it turned out! Mama always likes sharing her recipes and hearing about new ones, so if you’ve got a recipe for something that’s really good, please share! 😀

Thank you! Yeah, I can’t stand writing stories for small children because I can’t use my big words, flowy descriptions, etc. XD I hate having to limit what content I write. (Obviously I don’t write profanity, but you know what I mean)

*nods* I know the feeling… I used to be that way, but since I found that thread William started, it’s been like BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Poems!! (Some of them might not make as much sense as they could unless you read back a few pages.. We’re kinda having a whole conversation in poems XD)

I actually like classical quite a bit. It’s not one of my favorites, but if I want to kinda write something without being distracted by lyrics, or if I have a headache and don’t feel like the more rock ‘n roll type thing, I’ll listen to classical. Jazz is pretty eh. I don’t particularly like it. I don’t hate it, but eh.

No, I get it lol. I don’t mind a few words like the h-word or the d-word here and there, but I stay away from the other ones as much as possible. I like searching on YouTube and/or Spotify for the clean versions. Sometimes there isn’t one, but usually some nice person overwrote the word with more drums or whatever. 😀

Yeah, so I can’t do any chords on the guitar. My fingers just won’t do it. I can find and hold one if I have a book in front of me showing the right strings, but I can’t tell you which frets on which strings are needed to make a C chord. Piano, I have a couple nice songs I know by heart if I can sit and play around with it a bit (again, I need to practice more). And I can find chords pretty easily.

Sure! I’ll see if I can find one and find how to attach it in a post… If I can’t, I have some posted on various of my Instagram accounts, if you can access them. I should be able to attach one tho.. I’ll try in a sec.

*nods* I have a friend who does like… EXTREME realism. Like, photograph-looking realism. It’s crAZYYY!!

*gasps* *in a small voice* you… own… the Ranger’s Apprentice series?? *cries* I WANNA GET IT SO BAAADDD WAAAAA

*clears throat* moving on..

My goodness… That’s a lot for a puppy… O.o

We got Dumpline (our Great Pyrenees) for… I don’t remember if she was free, or half-price, or what. But a lot of her brothers and sisters had gotten sick and died, and so we got her for cheap, because the lady didn’t know if she might also have been sick. She did lose her hearing within a few years, so we think she was affected some, but she’s doing fine now. Dexter, now (the other dog), he’s still a puppy. We aren’t sure how old he is, exactly, but he is definitely still a puppy (I’ll see if I can attach a pic of him, too!). We think somebody dumped him. We live at the very end of the county road, waaayy out in the boondocks. He’s the sweetest thing. We taught him to sit, and we’re still working on “No, leave the neighbor’s cat alone. Come back to me- NO!! Do NOT chase the car!” XD

The turkey is a pet. Her name is Butters (she’s a pretty white, with some yellow spots). We got her from a friend, who got her from their friend, and there would be many small children upset if we ate her XD

*nods* We have a pen with the ducks, chickens, and turkey. And Dumpline. She guards them from coons and whatnot. It’s a pretty big pen, so it doesn’t get too messy. Except for around the water-tubs (a couple of those big, black, cow-waterers) when we refill them. The ducks come running to play in the hose XD

Oh, and I would love a list of book recommendations! (Maybe not a huge list though, because I still have a pile of library books and a bookshelf full of books that I have yet to read… :/ )

*rubs hands together* Question time! Let’s see…

Favorite song? (At the moment, mine is anything by Luis Fonsi)

Favorite food? (Mine would be what we call “cheesy asparagus stuff”)

Favorite song to play on any of your instruments? (I like to play “Flow Gently, Sweet Afton”)

Favorite outfit? (T-shirt and shorts/sweatpants is my go-to)

Favorite place to eat out at? (We love Clear Springs)

Favorite quote/saying? (Mine would be “I have not failed. I’ve only found 10,000 ways that won’t work,” by Thomas Edison, or any quote from Princess Bride)

Favorite movie/show? (I love Princess Bride, M*A*S*H*, and Hairspray)

Do you like to cook, sew, hunt, fish? (I love all of these, though I need to cook more, sew more, and renew my hunting license since it’s almost bow season. And I also need to practice archery more)

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@tashah-claymore My laptop won’t let me attach or paste a photo, so here’s the link to one of my Instagram accounts: https://www.instagram.com/anne_the_emberling/

My account is public, so even if you don’t have an Instagram account, you should be able to see it. I have a recent post of a drawing I did for a “Draw this in your style” contest, and then if you scroll down, there’s some more. There’s also a picture of Dexter. I’ll try on the computer later after supper and see if I can attach the photos from there. The laptop is old, so some things won’t work.

(I totally understand if you don’t wanna click on the link in case of it being a scam lol. If you click on it, you’ll just have to take my word that it’s safe XD )

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

Thank you; very encouraging. I might just feel in the mood to write a piece of a cloud…or the whole cloud.

@anne_the_noob14

And perhaps I am wrong, and/or don’t understand completely what I’ve been taught by my parents and all. And I will try my best to not turn this into a full-fledged argument But I would like to know what your definition of “Christian” is. Because either we have different definitions (which could likely be the case), or I don’t fully understand my congregation’s definition (which could also likely be the case). And again, I don’t want to argue with anybody, and please don’t feel like this is an argument. I simply want to make sure I understand you, and you understand me. And, of course, I want to make sure I understand my own belief, so if you end up asking a question I can’t answer, this will help me get a list of things to ask my parents

Btw, it really isn’t MY definition. I am a Christian based on my doctrine that I believe in. Based upon the Bible. People call themselves Christians but not all the time that is true. You can’t believe everything you hear, you know? My point being, a Christian is not just any person. A Christian is someone who repents and believes the gospel. Afterward, they are transformed and their life is totally and wholly different. They live for Him. They are His tools. They stand out in the world; the Bible says that they will.

“…I understand my own BELIEF…”-You: You call (this) your OWN BELIEF. Are you speaking about Christianity? If it is your own belief, then you are professing to be a Christian. But above you said that you don’t define yourself as a Christian.

I agree with you on your point about this conversation not being antagonistic. 🙂 That would not be correct Christian conduct (so far, on my half). Have you repented and believed in Him?

Yes! I would highly encourage you to sort this out and take it to your parents!

On your topic that you presented on versions of the Bible, I wouldn’t say that there is an English Bible that is a total and complete translation of the original Greek Bible. I would agree with you there. But. This does not mean that the King James version is a good version. My first Bible was given to me one Christmas when I was younger, around 5. It was a New King James. The King James versions are much simpler that other versions. I now see that. I have a NASB (New American Standard Bible). But, it’s a study Bible (by John MacArthur). It has the actual Bible with a commentary on the bottom. The commentary is very helpful and I trust John MacArthur because of his fruit. What he has done by faith. Not works alone. But works by faith in Christ. (That’s another realm to explore! Many people go by what they’ve done and what they’ve accomplished and they boast in this. But the Bible says that we should only boast in God. And what this means for Christians is that after they repent and believe, they are clothed in righteousness (as quoted above) and are new creations in Him. Christians are to obey Him, and we obey Him through works BY faith. And not of ourselves, but to Him be the glory.) Anyway, John MacArthur has show fruit (we are living trees (Psalm 1), and Christ is our soil and sun. Thus, what we produce will be of the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. These are shown in him by His faith in God.

There are also some bad translations that were changed purposefully to change the meaning. One example would be the NIV (New International Version). That does not mean that it is fully corrupt, because there are some good translations in there.

And I, myself, am going to refrain from quoting scripture, for the reason that a verse in mine may not be the same as a verse in yours, and so we could end up confusing each other even more. (please note that I’m not saying you shouldn’t have been quoting it, I’m just saying that it may be better to just say something along the lines of: “Somewhere it says that {insert lesson here}. It’s probably in {insert book here}”))

Very nice, and I see your point, which indeed has merit. But I shall still post verses on here and direct quotations when I feel the need. Not that I’m completely ignoring your statement. I’m acknowledging it. 🙂 But I feel that it is my duty to show where one should go to look at this. Then you could see the difference. A good website that my pastor uses is Bible Hub. You can look at basically any translation on there anywhere in the Bible. It can be confusing at times, but it works!

Haha! Yeah, me too!

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14 thanks for the recipe!  I’ll probably make it within the next few days, and I’ll let you know how it goes!  I do have a really good recipe I’d like to share with you for Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip Banana Muffins.  I’ll send that to you tomorrow (it’s semi-late here and I don’t want to disturb my parents and besides I’m supposed to be in bed).

For music while writing, if I don’t want lyrics, I usually listen to epic music.  AudioMachine, Gothic Storm, Antti Martikainen and Two Steps From Hell are a few good artists for it.

On the guitar, can you not really do chords because the string hurt or because your fingers won’t reach properly?  I’ve been playing piano since I was in like, kindergarten or something.  So I play it a lot and know quite a bit of stuff.

I do have an Insta account, and I gave you a follow.  Your artwork is really good!  I love it!  And Dexter is adorable!  I wish I could come over and pet him.  I haven’t posted anything of my own, mainly because I don’t have a smartphone (I have a flip-phone) and you need the app to post.

It took me so long to get the entire series!  I few of the books were gifted to me, but most of them I found at my library’s bookstore.

I kinda figured your turkey, Butters, was a pet.  I was just making sure.  Our chickens are just laying hens and one rooster.  His name is Cinnamon, and he’s really pretty.  He’s white with a bunch of rust-colored and black feathers.

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS YAY *ahem*

Amelia Peabody Mysteries by Elizabeth Peters

Incarceron series by Catherine Fisher

The Cat Who . . . books by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Inventor’s Secret series by Andrea Cremer

The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer

An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir

The Finisher series by David Baldacci

The Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey

The Mortality Doctrine series by James Dashner

The 13th Reality series by James Dashner

I could list more but I guess I won’t.  I’ve made a point not to check out books from the library since I have so many at home.  I have 5 bookshelves (one of which is really big) full, plus at least 20 more.  No, more than 20.  A lot more than 20.

Favorite song?  Pretty much anything by My Chemical Romance but especially Welcome to the Black Parade, Helena, Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na), and I’m Not Okay. (all are by MCR)

Favorite food?  This is a difficult question to answer.  Um . . . ice cream?  Chocolate?  Stuffed Pepper Casserole?  Any and all soup/chili?  Lasagne?  Which do I choose??

Favorite song to play on any of your instruments?  Blood (by MCR) and Carol of the Bells (I don’t remember the arrangement but it’s super epic and awesome) (both are on piano) (I’m trying to learn Na Na Na on the cello, but it’s hard because there is no arrangement for cello so I’m trying to make my own)

Favorite outfit?  Hmmmm.  I like to wear dark colors, mostly.  If I wear something bright it’s usually blue or red.  I also love hoodies and leather jackets.  And jeans.

Favorite place to eat out at?  The Dundee Dell.  They have the most AMAZING burgers and sweet potato fries!

Favorite quote/saying?  “Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary.”  “Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person.”  “One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”  (all of these are by Gerard Way)

Favorite movie/show?  James Cameron’s Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition, Maze Runner (all 3 of them), Princess Bride, The Swan Princess, Hidalgo, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, pretty much anything Marvel, Umbrella Academy

Do you like to cook, sew, hunt, fish?  I love cooking, I know a little bit of sewing, I’ve never hunted but I want to, and it’s been a long time since I’ve gone fishing but I’d like to do it again.

I LOVE ARCHERY *ahem*

I own a recurve bow and am fairly good with it.  What kind of bow do you have?

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@w-o-holmes No problem. 🙂😉

And again I agree with you one hundred percent.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@tashah-claymore @w-o-holmes

I see I have a couple long replies to read… And I shall, but I’m actually at my grandparents’ house right now, so I probably won’t get around to reading them until Monday sometime. Just wanted to make sure you didn’t think I’m ignoring you! 🙂

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14

I totally understand not having time at the moment!   But here’s the recipe I wanted to give you.

Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip Banana Muffins!

1/2 c. butter, room temperature

1 c. sugar

2 ripe bananas

1 t. vanilla extract

2 eggs

1/4 c. milk

2 T. vegetable oil

1 1/2 c. flour

1/3 c. cocoa powder (heaping, or add a spoonful or two of black cocoa powder)

1/2 t. baking powder

1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

1 c. chocolate chips (heaping)

Preheat oven to 350℉.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add bananas, vanilla, eggs, milk and oil.   Mix together.  Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Scoop into 12-muffin pan.  They will be full.  Bake for about 22 minutes.  Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack.  Best enjoyed warm and fresh.

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

🙂

@anne_the_noob14

Hey, that’s fine.

Abigail Rebekah
      @abigail-rebekah

@tashah-claymore

Aww thanks 🙂

Yeah, fantasy is really cool. The main genre I like to try and write in is historical fiction. I would enjoy to try and write in other genres too, but it’s hard enough sticking to finishing one book lol.

Cool 🙂 I’m fifteen.

That sounds like me lol. I have several stories that I have started to write, and then never finished them. I want to…but then I have a new idea for a story that I want to write…and so I stop my previous story and start one that I will never finish lol 😉 So yes, I have several WIPs.

Thanks 🙂 I rather like it too lol. I’m kinda a big fan of horses, except I don’t own one sadly. Do you like horses?

Who is your favourite author or authors?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Silver Shadow
        @tashah-claymore

@abigail-rebekah

I used to do that with my WIP’s, but then I decided it’d be best to focus on one.  So I’ve been focusing on Warriors Unite, which is the first story idea I had.  Whenever I get a new idea, I write it down and satisfy my curiosity about it,  then go right back to Warriors Unite.

I love horses!  I own a Welsh Pony, but we might sell him soon.  I haven’t ridden him in forever (mainly because I don’t have time), so he’s pretty much just another mouth to feed right now.  He’s sweet, and I’ll be sad to see him go,  but it’s probably for the best.  Whoever we sell him to will be able to give him more attention (I’ll make sure of that). When I (eventually) get my own place, however, I’d like to get a horse and a standard or mammoth-sized donkey.  Do you have a favorite breed of horse?  Mine is a Friesian.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest