fb

Hello people!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello people!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Hey all! I’m new, and it looks like everyone else is making new forums to introduce themselves, so that’s what I’m doing. πŸ™‚

"For love is strong as death." -God

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

About me:

I’m a 14-year-old girl that’s beginning to seriously consider writing as my all-time career when I grow up. I’m working on a novel, plus starting on several terrible ideas then giving up on them. πŸ˜› Don’t we all do that at one time or another?

I don’t know very many people here, but in case you know me, I was also known as Kinnan Wingfeather on the Wingfeather Saga website (love Wingfeather!), and Aquarium on another chat page.

I love chocolate and licorice, although those weird peach-gummy-thingamabobs are growing on me like nuts. I love pretty much any clean fantasy book you put in front of me, I dislike COVID, and I want to get into volleyball, tennis, and/or acting. I love riding horses, snuggling with cats, and watching my fish do their thing. Besides the Wingfeather Saga, I love Gail Carson Levine’s books, Chuck Black, J.R.R. Tolkien (of course), C.S. Lewis (of course, too), and loads of other books I don’t have time to mention. So… yeah. If you know me, yay! If not, hello!

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

KINNAN!!!!! Ok, LET ME JUST DANCE!!!! *takes dancing break* I am SO glad you made it! I will tell about myself for other peoples sake, but let me just start with my name: Brooke. Oh, by the way, I love your name. πŸ˜‰

But on here, I still go by Wing. You can call me either πŸ˜‰

I love snails, and once had sixty because they laid eggs. I also love to read, and am a BIG fan of the Wingfeather Saga, hence the name. I also love most of the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, especially The Hound of the Baskerville. Love his deductions, it is purely mind-blowing to read them.

I like to write, but if you could only see the dozens of unfinished stories I wrote, you will understand the fact that I am easily distracted and discouraged. I am working on a novel, The Point of Travores, but right now I am at a standstill. I might finish it when I turn twenty. We’ll see.

By the way, I’m a fourteen year old gal, in case you were wondering.

I also like to draw, and wish I could draw better. I like to model with polymer clay, and I LOVE The Princess Bride. Inigo Montoya is my fav. “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

“Inconceivable!”

Anyhow, I don’t think y’all want to read my biography, so I’ll stop here and just say that I was previously on the Wingfeather Forum on the Wingfeather website, but they are closing that down. πŸ™ So that’s why I’m here. And I’m glad to be here.

I think I should probably be done talking. Bye. πŸ˜€

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone

Hi! *waves* Sounds like we might have a bit in common. I’m a Wingfeather Saga loving teenager gal who writes, reads, draws, and has 6 cats (at the moment).

What’s your current novel about? I’m working on a fantasy about wizards and such (I’m doing NaNoWriMo right now). I totally understand about starting a story, and then forgetting it. I have several hundred pages of me doing that.πŸ˜†

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@wingiby-iggiby

Hello to you, Wing. *bows*Β Wings, dings and purple things, huh?πŸ˜‚ I love your profile picture and your name (both your names, to be exact).

Don’t be discouraged about stand-stills on stories. I do thatΒ <i>allΒ </i>the time. I’ve been writing for years, but I’m only now officially writing my first novel.

Who’s your favorite Wingfeather character (I already have a guess…😝). Mine is totally Kal…and Artham. Who can’t like Artham (I named one of my cats after him)?

Not all those who wander are lost.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@joelle-stone

Hi!Β  I’m Ella.Β  Oh, yes, I suffer from chronic writer’s block! πŸ˜‹Β  I’m pretty sure everyone on SE loves the Wingfeather Saga.Β  My favorite character is probably Maraly. πŸ˜‚

I’m trying to get my sister into sports, and volleyball and tennis are the top two options.Β  And golf.Β  (I love basketball, personally.)Β  Which of the two do you like better?

Acting!Β  When I was little I wanted to be a photographer/singer (opera, actually πŸ™„)/actress/author and possibly something else.Β  How I would manage all that is still a mystery to me… πŸ˜‰

Welcome to SE!

@wingiby-iggiby

Hey, Wing!

60 snails.Β  I have to say that that is a first.Β  I have never heard of that.

Don’t give up on your book!Β  SE is really encouraging, which helps a lot when I’m stuck.

Inigo Montoya.Β  *fangirl moment*Β  I love him!Β  The “as you wish” <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>scene</span> in that movie is my favorite!! πŸ˜†

What’s your WIP about?Β  I’m actually doing NaNoWriMo with Arindown.Β  The one I’m working on for that is about people hunting rebels who are trying to give the brainwashed people freedom in the virtual reality system.

Ok, that was a terrible synopsis.Β  It’s not as bad as it sounds…I hope. *gulp* πŸ˜‹

1st Question for both of you: are y’all plotters, pantsers, or plantsers?

I’m a plantser, but I’m kind of pantser-ing (I made that word up) in my current WIP.

2nd Question for both of you:Β  what kind of music do y’all like?

I love Christian pop (Hollyn, Blanca, etc.), other types of pop (SVRCINA pronounced sur-cee-na, Fleurie), rap (NF, Lecrae, Kanye, Wande), and rock (Evanescence, Flyleaf).Β  If y’all aren’t music fanatics, that’s fine.Β  Just wondering. 😁

Nice to meet you!

(and yes, I am also a teenage gal πŸ˜‰ )

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Ella. Reason: oops, mistake

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@joelle-stone

Hi there!Β  I’m Lily; that’s wonderful that you’re considering writing as a career (I didn’t consider it fully until after highschool).

Haha!Β  I can totally relate.Β  I have so many starts to stories that I never finished (but keep those anyway, because you might reuse them or twist them into a new, more interesting story that you’ll love.)

So what is your favorite genre to write in?Β  And which is your favorite Gail Levine and Chuck Black book?Β  (I love some of Mr. Black’s books, btw.)

And just to let you know, someone called @crazywriter is over on the fantasy forum; he said he was from a Wingfeather forum.Β  Also mentioned that when it closed, several people from that group would migrate over here.

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. β€” Ernest Hemingway

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@Wingiby Igiby,

Aha, I shall dance with you!!! One person to reconnect with. *phew* Yay! I love the name Brooke, BTW. Actually, Kaleia (I don’t think you ever met her, she’s my younger sister), her character’s name was Brook.

*squeals*

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Thanks for such a warm welcome y’all! I appreciate that. πŸ™‚

@Arindown

Ha, I’m really bad at explaining things, but it’s basically about a group of nine people defeating the second-highest power in the land, then the first (I have two villains). I feel like it’s not terribly original, but my beta readers tell me it is and I trust them, so I hope so! And it’s really nice to meet you as well. πŸ˜€

@Ella,

I love the name Ella! Actually, one of my best friends is named Ella. She’s great. πŸ™‚ I must admit I’m not sure if I like volleyball or tennis better. I haven’t actually played professional volleyball, although my dad’s been teaching me tennis. :/ Tennis? Volleyball? Can I say both? πŸ˜›

Call me crazy, but I’m not sure what you mean by plotters, pansters, and plansters. I’m guessing it means something like do you like plotting, working with characters, or world-building better, but I’m probably way off. Lol. πŸ˜‰

I am a music freak!! I love playing instruments, singing (although that’s a work in progress, lol), and listening to music. I really like instrumental stuff, especially soundtracks, but I also enjoy Hollyn (yes!), and Andrew Peterson, and other contemporary. Christian stuff. πŸ˜€

@imwritehere,

Awesome username! I love stuff like that. πŸ™‚

I enjoy writing fantasy thrillers the most. Probably because they’re so limitless. πŸ™‚ WBU?

I really like Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, but I also like The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre. As for Chuck Black, I really enjoyed his Knights of Arrethtrae series, and Sir Quinlan & the Swords of Valor was my favorite of that series. WBU?

Ooh, thanks for telling me. We’re all trying to reconnect. I’ll find him. πŸ˜€

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@wingiby-iggiby

Hi there, Wing!Β  I’m Lily and it’s really nice to meet you.

I get how writing can be discouraging sometimes; but don’t give up!Β  Two years ago, one of my stories came to a standstill; so I left it and found a different story to write.Β  Now, I’m beginning to see how my other story can move forward.Β  Taking a break and gaining perspective can really help; I’m cheering you on.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the premise for The Point of Travores? (You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to πŸ™‚

What do you like making with clay?Β  And sixty snails?!Β  Wow, that’s a lot!Β  I hope you enjoy this forum (I told @joelle-stone that another Wingfeather forum member is on the Fantasy group; he goes by @crazywriter)

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. β€” Ernest Hemingway

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@joelle-stone

Thanks so much! (I love puns and play on words.)

I love writing medieval fantasy (like Chuck Black’s Knight’s series and Ranger’s Apprentice).Β  And I loved the Lost Kingdom of Bamarre!Β  I also really enjoyed the False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen.Β  I mostly aim stories for middle-grade.Β  How about you?Β  Do you do MG or YA, or both?

Ella
    @writergirl101

@joelle-stone

Yeah, I didn’t think you could pick one or the other…I couldn’t! πŸ˜‰

No, that’s completely fine!Β  I wasn’t familiar with those terms for awhile.

-Panster – someone who “flies by the seat of their pants”, so to say, and doesn’t mess with plotting or all the details.Β  They just write.

-Plotter – is was it sounds like.Β  They want all the details before starting a project.

-Plantser – right in between.Β  They want to have the basic plot points, character arcs, etc. before writing.Β  That’s me, probably.

Oh, cool!Β  What instruments do you play?Β  I play a little piano, but my sister’s much better than me. πŸ˜‰Β  I love to sing!Β  I’m not great at it, but it’s so fun! 😊  I love instrumental stuff, too.Β  When I’m writing a certain mood, I’ll turn on sad classical or intense trailer music, which are the most common. πŸ˜„

Yeah, I try to stay away from non-Christian music for the most part.Β  I listen to some pop that would be categorized as “alternative pop” I guess, but I will turn stuff off if it’s bad, of course. πŸ™‚

Your story sounds cool!Β  When is your “deadline”? πŸ˜‹Β  Or do you have one?Β  I’m hoping to finish by the end of July.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@imwritehere1920,

Oh, cool! I love stories set in that time period… πŸ™‚

I think I prefer writing YA fiction, but I haven’t really written anything else so I’m not sure. πŸ™‚ BTW, The False Prince sounds really intriguing.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@Ella

Oh, aha! I can’t believe I didn’t get that.

I guess I’m a planster/plotter. I’ve tried writing “seat of the pants”, and although I can do it, it’s very unorganized and not good. So I plan stuff out and add other scenes as they come to me. πŸ™‚

I play piano, and am trying to teach myself guitar, ukulele, and Irish flute (it’s kind of like a recorder). I listen to music to get me to write a certain scene, too! Like The Battle from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for fight scenes, and LOTR stuff for sad scenes. πŸ™‚

Actually, I don’t have a deadline. I really should considering how slowly I write, lol, but I want to finish the first draft by the end of the year. I’m halfway through so far. πŸ™‚

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Hello! I’m also new and from the now non-existent Flabbit Room forum.

I’m a 13 yr old girl as well, I love to read, write, draw, and I’m learning the guitar. I have a love-hate relationship with acting. I love to act, but I hate getting up in front of all those people, so… πŸ˜›

I’m think I’m a Plantser. I like to have a plot planned out, but a lot of times as I’m writing I’ll be struck with ideas.

I love to read/write fantasy. I also like historical fiction, but I’ve never tried writing it.

Sorry if I interrupted. Β I just figured this was a good place to introduce myself, but if I intruded, sorry!

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.