fb

Hello, Peeps!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, Peeps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shaina
    @books-and-braids

Well, I never know what to write in these things. To condense yourself down to a few paragraphs is hard. It’s even harder trying to decide which information is applicable. But here’s my best shot.

Hi, my name is Shaina. I love writing (duh). So far most of my fiction has somehow ended up in the his-fic genre. Probably because I’m a giant history nerd. Especially with the 1940s and 50s. I also like writing poetry.

I’m a Christian homeschooler (I’m guessing a bunch of you are. *wink*) from the midwest with a taste for musicals, Anne of Green Gables, walks alone in the woods, period dramas, and the occasional sword battle. (The walk in the woods part sounded pretentious, I know.) I’m also an oyaner (anyone else?), a frequent nanoer (I have yet to win, though.), and a baby adult trying to find her way in the world. I’m excited to get to know more fellow writers and Christians. I can’t wait to get to know you!

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@books-and-braids Welcome to Story Embers 😀

It’s nice see someone who writes historical fiction 😉 I’m also somewhat of a history nerd. But I don’t focus on any particular time period

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@books-and-braids Hi! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), greet you! 😃🦖

I love the 1950s era! Do you like to watch black and white TV shows?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Shaina
    @books-and-braids

@sam-kowal Thank you! Pleased to meet you! I love history of all eras too; those are just my favorites. 🙂

@mariposa
    Greetings to you and your lovely Authorosarus!

I do like old shows, though I haven’t seen that many. I Love Lucy is one of my favorites. Do you have any recommendations?

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@books-and-braids I have LOADS of recommendations. 😜 Here are some of my favorites:

The Dick Van Dyke Show, Father Knows Best, Sea Hunt, Leave It to Beaver, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, My Three Sons, Laramie, Bonanza, The Donna Reed Show, The Lorretta Young Show, Family Affair, Hazel, and Mayberry R.F.D. 

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Shaina
    @books-and-braids

@mariposa Thanks! I have seen some of Father Knows Best and Bonanza which I really like. I look into the others!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest