Hello!!!!! New girl here…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello!!!!! New girl here…

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Josiah DeGraaf 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

radicallysurrendered
    @radicallysurrendered

@hope-mcclellan

Thank you so much!

It’s really not that impressive when you consider that I actually have to use all of the languages on a regular basis. I don’t just know a language for the fun of it, I need to know them. ASL sounds like so much fun! I’d love to learn it, but I don’t think I’d be able to learn it quickly without regular use.

I’d like to try my hand at historical fiction someday, but I haven’t so far. It requires a lot of research, and for me it’d be just another way of procrastinating on writing. I tend to write either contemporary or fantasy.
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>The middle ages seriously sound like such a fun period to write about. I love random facts about different times, so I would probably research bread preservatives in the middle ages too. 😂</p>

radicallysurrendered
      @radicallysurrendered

@josiah

I love Pride and Prejudice, but my favorite of her novels is Emma. It’s awesome that you get to teach a class on it though!!

Hope McClellan
        @hope-mcclellan

@radicallysurrendered

That’s very true, but if you know a language just for the fun of it, you tend to not use it as much. I am having that issue, and I have gotten rusty on my ASL.

Neat! What is your favorite piece that you have ever written? I haven’t written a lot of contemporary, but the one downside to fantasy and historical(ly based) fiction is that I can’t use any modern phrases and analogies. I’m considering writing an urban fantasy one day…something to think about. Once I’m out of story ideas, which will probably be never. XD

There's always a story brewing.

Josiah DeGraaf
          @josiah

@radicallysurrendered Emma was my favorite work of Austen’s the first time I read it through. Because I’ve read P&P four times at this point and am thus a lot more familiar with it, it may be my favorite currently, but that may change when I get the chance to read Emma for the second time!

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest