Hello! My Introduction

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! My Introduction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Maryanski II
    @davemanjr

Hello everyone!

My name is David Maryanski the Second. I’m relatively new to writing fiction or stories in general but I’m super excited to start! Currently I’m enrolled in college for English (Creative Writing) and ASL, my final goal being skilled enough to become an interpreter!

I really love music beyond all imagination! I love theatre, reading, some drawing, poetry, and talking about philosophical foundations and worldview (even though I’m not super knowledgable about such things).

For writing I’m really interested in writing Historical Fiction, especially a setting/time, culture, or character type we never really hear from or isn’t really written about. So if anyone has awesome historical fiction books to recommend, I would greatly appreciate it!

Gracie
      @kimlikesart

@davemanjr

Welcome to StoryEmbers David!

An interpreter … How many languages do you speak?

When/if you have a son someday, are you going to give him your father’s name as well? So, a III?

‘The Auschwitz Escape’ by Joel C. Rosenberg is amazing. I wrote a review on it, if you’re interested.

All to say, Welcome!! I hope you learn things here. (:

And if you have any questions about SE, please ask. I will do my very best to answer.

Gracie

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

David Maryanski II
        @davemanjr

@kimlikesart

I only speak English and now small bits of ASL, which is what I would like to interpret for.

Hmmm, probably only if my significant other allows it! But I’m not totally sure if I want the line of “David” to continue…

Awesome! I’ll definitely check it out, thank you!

Thank you for the welcome! I’m excited to learn more and share with everybody here.

Gracie
          @kimlikesart

You’re welcome. (:

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Livi Ryddle
            @anne_the_noob14

@davemanjr

Hello and welcome!

I’m Livi. Dual credit student, aspiring author, and bagel enthusiast, who wants to study Anglo Saxon someday. 🙂

That’s awesome that you’re learning ASL. I want to learn it, but I have no idea when or if I’ll get around to it.

I also love music! And reading, painting, and poetry 🙂 I can play a few instruments (including violin and piano), and I want to take lessons at some point. I’m self-taught, and there’s only so much I can teach myself before someone who knows what they’re doing should step in.

Oooh, historical fiction… I love Georgette Heyer. I haven’t read but four, maybe five of her books, but I’m working my way through our collection. I would recommend Beauvallet  or These Old Shades (then Devil’s Cub is the sequel). Powder and Patch is also great. (Those four are all historical romances. I believe she has some mysteries too, though I haven’t read any of them.) I don’t really read much historical fiction, so that’s all I can recommend at the moment!

Glad to have you join us, David! I hope you enjoy being a part of Story Embers, and I wish you the best of luck with everything.

"Reck not."
            ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest