Hello! Mom & Writer here: )

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! Mom & Writer here: )

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bekah 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Bekah
    @bekah

@the-fledgling-artist Oh wow! A graphic novel sounds fun and definitely challenging!

mom. writer. always needs coffee.

Bekah
    @bekah

I don’t know much about Kindle Direct either. Only that that is considered self-publishing and not a vanity press. The good news is that you don’t HAVE to decide immediately. Have you looked into querying agents or at publishers that accept unsolicited, aka unagented, manuscripts? There are lots of smaller, independent publishers, too.

Oh wow, that sounds like a challenging and interesting story! I think every book is rewrite and revise…and repeat…and repeat hahaha : )

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@bekah Oh my word, I personally think it’s SO SUPER awesome that you’re a mother and a writer at the same time <3333 Welcome to Story Embers!!!

Your first WIP sounds super cool, oh my word. (: I think that’d be something I’d really enjoy reading! And I definitely see your point in thinking traditional publishing is a good idea, and I’ve thought the same thing. Since my book is in the very, very beginning stages of plot development though, I haven’t yet thought much about it. xD

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways (through, admittedly, much trial and error).

Bekah
    @bekah

@h-jones  Aw… thank you soo much! I really appreciate that! It is definitely a challenge to find the time to write with the kiddos, but it’s a great hobby that is sort Me Time.

Everyone starts somewhere with a story! I have been one of those huge plotting types, but am learning that sometimes it’s good to have super basic ideas and WRITE. Even if it’s non-sense.

What are you working on?

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@bekah I bet! xD I can sort of relate, in some way?? Because I have like, six siblings, so it’s difficult to kind of find time. It is a GREAT way to spend any time you may have to yourself, haha <3

Oh yeah, that really is probably what I should do. xD Sometimes I try to plot so much that I just forget that simply writing can be the best for me!

As of right now, I am working on this superhero story idea in which the main character, and superhero, is a teen mom. (: I thought it’d be an interesting twist to see what it may be like to have a superhero who was a mother. So yeah! I’m pretty excited about that. 😀

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways (through, admittedly, much trial and error).

Bekah
    @bekah

oh, wow. Then you definitely space, too lol.

I’m trying to learn that same thing!!

Oh, wow! That would be a challenging story to tell. I can give advice on the Mom aspect, though I am not a teen, so that would be different. I was nearly 30 when I had my first child. Let just say that not sleeping well, waking every couple of hours etc., is THE hardest part of being of new mom. : )

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest