Hello! I’m new… :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! I’m new… :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vic
    @vic

Hey! I’m Victoria; my friends usually end up calling me Vic. I’m an introvert unless I’m talking about my imaginary world with people who seem interested in knowing about it. I am a Bible college graduate and I’m currently working on my Master’s in Bible. I play and teach violin on the side, and I love to act. I’ve written poetry for the past few years but my dream is to write a Biblical allegory/devotional-type book for middle/high schoolers. That being said, I have never really tried pursuing that dream until just a few weeks ago. One of the main things I’ve found in researching how to develop my writing is to become part of a community of writers, so I’m hoping this will help me overcome my insecurity towards sharing my writing.

"Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD" (Ps. 25:15a)

Caseybold
      @caseybold

Hi @vic! You play and teach violin? That’s so amazing! Violin is one of the most beautiful-sounding instruments 😀

It’s really impressive that you only decided to pursue writing a book a few weeks ago and you’re trying to become part of a community already. It took me way longer than that to figure out what was what and join some groups. I hope you find the support you need here, and the courage to share your work!

Does your story have characters at this point? How are you approaching Bible allegory? I’d love to hear more about your book ideas 😀

I'm nobody, Who are you? -Emily Dickinson 뜻이 있는 곳에 길이 있다.

Vic
        @vic

Hey, @caseybold! Thanks for the welcome! Yes, violin is beautiful…once you get the hang of it. Beginners don’t always sound that great! 😉😁

My story is one I’ve been rolling around in my head for a few years so I probably have too many character at this point. It started as a character-building skit for Sunday school kids. The basic premise is this: the town of Avis is being overrun by the evil Sarlik, and the Knights of Ilona (Alexander, Brian, Colette, and Aileen) are sent to rescue it. It’s an allegory about how just a few people can change a church’s purpose and focus in spite of opposition from Satan and the world.

joshuapior
          @joshuapior

@vic Welcome to the forum from its other newest member 🙂

I’m so glad you want to write middle-grade fiction—that’s one of the most underdeveloped genres in Christian fiction. Have you written any other stories before, or will this be your first?

“Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.”

- E. L. Doctorow -

Vic
            @vic

@joshuapior, hi! This is my first! 😬😳 I’m really excited though. It’s been my dream since middle school, so actually taking steps to making it a reality is really thrilling.

Yes,  I absolutely love middle schoolers’ questions and genuine desire for truth.

Dakota
              @dakota

@vic Welcome to Story Embers!

Violin is so beautiful! That’s so cool you can play and teach it.

I like to write poetry too! 🙂 and your book sounds interesting.

BTW, I like your forum tag! 🙂

Psalm 119:11
              Your word I have hidden in my heart,
              That I might not sin against You.

Abigail Rebekah
              @abigail-rebekah

@vic

Welcome to Story Embers 🙂

I love the sound of your WIP.

That’s so cool that you play the violin. I had some violin lessons when I was younger but was never good at it xD

Do you play any other instruments?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Vic
                @vic

Hello, @dakota! Thanks! I’d love to read some of your poetry and show you some of mine. I’m sure there’s a place for sharing that, but I haven’t had a chance to really explore the forum or how to use it yet! 🙂

Hi @abigail-rebekah! I taught myself a few guitar chords and I used to take piano lessons. Piano wasn’t my thing so when I got to college I stopped playing. Funny thing, now that I teach violin, I wish I was better at piano so I could accompany them.

What kind of interesting things do you do, besides writing?

WolverineRM
                  @wolverinerm

@vic Hey! I’m new too. Yay for imaginary worlds! XD I love it that you are so serious about getting into writing.

Middle schoolers are the best, and I know I would’ve been so encouraged by that kind of story at that age.

I used to REFUSE to share my writing so let me tell you, it’s scary but oh so worth it.

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
                    He just smiles and says, it’s the way that I was raised

Abigail Rebekah
                    @abigail-rebekah

@vic

Aw cool…I play piano too 🙂

Well, I love playing with my siblings (I have seven xD), looking at other books, and singing with my sisters.

How about you?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
                      @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@vic

Your WIP sounds cool!

You play violin?!! That is awesome!!! I’ve always wanted to learn to play!

What’s your favorite fictional book?

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest