Hello, I'm new here :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, I'm new here :)

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@ryowildfire Sorry it took so long to reply, I was out of state.

My favorite superhero is Spiderman as well, followed closely by Iron Man. Although I am more intrigued by Tony Stark than I like Iron Man.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

RyoWildfire
    @ryowildfire

@kayla-skywriter

Tony Stark is an interesting character. Iron Man, much like Superman, suffers the “overpowered” syndrome of superheroes. Clark Kent is much more interesting than Superman is (though Superman is far from my favorite superhero). They simply don’t have enough weaknesses to make compelling stories.

Emberlin_authoress
    @emberlin_authoress

Hello! My password problem has been solved thanks to Daeus Lamb.

For those of you who already know who I am… what do we do here?

A.N. Parker
      @bigideaskc

Hello! My password problem has been solved thanks to Daeus Lamb. For those of you who already know who I am… what do we do here?

Miss K! Hiii!!! 😀 This is Nola, haha. (It’s actually been a while since I’ve been on here… Sorry, guys!) We basically give writing tips, help each other out, ask questions, and a whole lot more. I think the other Emberlings can help answer that question better, haha.

Welcome aboard, by the way! 🙂

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Aetherlighter | Avatar by The Fledgling Artist

Ariella Newheart
        @ariella-newheart

@emberlin_authoress Heya! Glad to see you on here! Well, you can make your own introduction topic, if you’d like. Go straight to “Introduce Yourself” and click “create new topic.” 🙂

Fantasy writer, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Emberlin_authoress
        @emberlin_authoress

@emberlin_authoress Heya! Glad to see you on here! Well, you can make your own introduction topic, if you’d like. Go straight to “Introduce Yourself” and click “create new topic.” 🙂

Well, I’ve done that already… Just trying to navigate this forum set up for now. What do you do here most often?

Miss K! Hiii!!! 😀 This is Nola, haha. (It’s actually been a while since I’ve been on here… Sorry, guys!) We basically give writing tips, help each other out, ask questions, and a whole lot more. I think the other Emberlings can help answer that question better, haha. Welcome aboard, by the way! 🙂[/quote]

Nola! Good to see you!

Lots of writing tips I noticed. What do you tend to do here when you’re here?

RyoWildfire
          @ryowildfire

@wordsmith

This is rather embarrassing, but I just happened to notice that when I posted a reply to your post back on June 20th I forgot to add your @ name. I’m reposting my reply to you here (I also couldn’t figure out how to edit my original post, so here it is).

Hi, Buddy! Nice to meet you.

You raise some very good questions.

My story ideas tend to come in as plot ideas and as such, I feel I am a fairly good plotter, though even here I feel like I need to improve.

I generally know what themes my books are about either before I start writing or shortly thereafter.

I think I am average on creating characters and settings. These (in particular, setting) I feel like I need to flesh out more.

I struggle with worldbuilding as I see rich worlds in other works like Tolkien (whose books I also love) and Sanderson (See Mistborn and The Stormlight Archives) and feel my worlds need to be fleshed out more.

I know I am comparing my unfinished works (and in some cases, finished works) to published authors’ works whose books have gone through revisions in order to make them ‘perfect’ but it’s still something I know I need to improve on.

There are probably things I am forgetting, but that is a good list for now. As a fellow writer, what are some of the things you excel at and struggle within your own writing?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest