fb

Hello from somewere few can imagine

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from somewere few can imagine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Candide
    @candide

Hi everybody

It’s not easy to say “hello” here. I’m afraid of writing something wrong or being misunderstood.

Why?

English is my second language. A very loved one, but the second.

I’m a Portuguese speaker (born in Brazil), christian student of creative writing, who loves Psalms and poetry.

I’m here because I don’t know other christian writters. I hope to meet and learn with them here!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Candide.
    Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

Hey no worries! We’re all friendly and for a few of us English is also a second language. 🙂

I myself am from Australia and even though English is my first language, Americans are misunderstanding me all the time. They’re pretty good about it though so I don’t think you’ll have any problems.

What sort of things do like to read and write? Do you still live in Brazil?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Kenzie Pimpo
    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hi, @candide! It’s awesome to meet you and welcome to Story Embers!

That’s really cool that you’re from Brazil and speak Portuguese as your first language… I have friends who study Portuguese for their foreign language in school and my old dance teacher went to Brazil to do some professional stuff. From what she says, it seems great!

I had the same question as Chelsea; do you still live in Brazil? What’s it like? (Haha, I’m the American Ohioan who has never left her home country and doesn’t often leave her home state, either, so… 😉 ) How long have you been speaking English?

And about the reason you joined on here, well… it’s definitely not difficult to find friends on here!! It’s awesome. 😀 Hey, @emberynus-the-dragonslayer! Come meet Candide!!!

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@candide Hey, welcome!  There is actually a couple people around that speak English as a second language, but they have better grammar than some of us Americans. 😛 So give it a shot!  Where do live right now?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@candide

Welcome to SE! Glad you introduced yourself. There are several MK’s and bilingual writers on the forums, so if we misunderstand you, just let us know. It’s totally okay!

What is Brazil like? I’ve always wanted to travel outside the US. 😀

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@candide  WOW Brazil!! That’s so cool

Sold souls and dead promises

Candide
    @candide

Thanks everybody!  How kind you are!

I write poetry and short fiction, but I read novels and poetry too. Last week I started one book of Tomas Mann (Doctor Faustus).

I live in Brazil and I ‘m happy here. I live in the very south of the country, which means that my home is closer to Argentina than Rio de Janeiro. Oh, I’d never met Rio or Brasilia, to tell the true, but I’d been a couple of times in Uruguay and Argentina. The south, in fact, is geographically similar to these contries.

To talk about my county is a challange. I love the way we brazilians deal with life (not taking everything so seriouly), but it may mean that sometimes things won’t work well (I’m not talking just about traffic). There are more than 21o millions of brazilians living in 23 states. Some of that barelly have an airport, other are rich as São Paulo. It’s a very contrastive country. But it’s cool! The summer never disappoints!

I started studing English when I was a teenager (I’m some years older now). I’m not sure I can speak at all, but I can read. That’s why I thought I could join SE. I’m happy to be here.  😀

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@candide

Wow, that is so cool. Crazy, too! 🙂 Thanks for sharing about your country. I’ve read about it’s history, but am pretty clueless when it comes to modern history, lol!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest