Hello from Israel!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from Israel!

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@eitan

πŸ™‚ The schools around here are opening up again soon(I think) our governor keeps changing his mind. πŸ™ Of course we’re homeschooled so it doesn’t really affect us.

Arabic sounds like it would be a very confusing language to learn. I’m glad you enjoy it though.

I’ve been doing pretty good. My friends are doing okay. . . No real breakthroughs or anything. Keep praying.

How are your friends?

Sold souls and dead promises

Eitan
    @eitan

Arabic is really difficult for English speakers – it has a very exotic sound inventory and grammar. But, since it’s close to Hebrew, the grammar is pretty similar, and though the sounds aren’t, I’m good at weird accents πŸ˜‰ It’s different enough from Hebrew to be exotic, and close enough to not be too complicated. And I find it a really beautiful language!

And there’s the writing system, that’s actually pretty easy once you understand it – almost no weird spellings like in Hebrew and English πŸ™‚

I was talking about the friend you were trying to reach with the gospel – how is it going?

My friends are good, though πŸ™‚

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@eitan

Sounds fun! I’ve always wanted to learn other languages! Especially Greek and Chinese. I have no idea why. LOL

Eh. Not the greatest. We don’t get a lot of chances to interact. πŸ™ But keep praying anyways. Hopefully I can reach them soon.

I’m glad your friends are doing well.

How is your writing? Have you been working on anything new?

Sold souls and dead promises

Sarahfi
      @sarahfi

Your story is so amazing, Eitan! I’m Sarah.

I guess I’m not the only one who wants to learn Hebrew here. I agree with you on English; it really is an insane language. I know some Spanish, and although it’s got a lot of past tenses, the spelling and forms are a lot simpler.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned him yet, but C. S. Lewis is a great author who might be famous enough to be translated. He wrote Christian fiction and nonfiction, and though his theology can get a little weird he has some great thoughts. (You might already know about him, who knows.)

I hope I see you around!

Sarah

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
        -1 Corinthians 15:36b

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest