Hello from Israel!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from Israel!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Eitan
    @eitan

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Thank you!

I decided that it’s better I’ll make, in addition to the full e-book, a shorter one that only proves the resurrection (and shares the gospel of course!). I shared it with some atheist friends of mine, and we had a debate about it today. They didn’t have any good argument against the resurrection, but they refused to accept it. So… I pray for them.

How is it going for you with dedicating time to prayer and reading the scripture? I was praying for you about it since you said you have a problem with it.

Happy Shavuot / Pentecost!

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@eitan

That’s great! That’s the kind of book we need more of. I’ll pray for your friends as well!

It’s going pretty well. I have been reading my Bible a lot more lately and understanding things better. Thank you so much for praying for me! That means a lot to me 🙂

Happy Shavuot/Pentecost to you too 🙂 !!

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Eitan
      @eitan

That’s great! That’s the kind of book we need more of.

Thank you!!

I’ll pray for your friends as well!

Thank you so much. May God will open their eyes to see him, and their hearts to accept him.

I’m so glad my prayers for you were answered! 😀

@eitan

You’re welcome!

May God will open their eyes to see him, and their hearts to accept him.

Amen!

I’m so glad my prayers for you were answered!

Thank you so much for praying! 🙂

Arindown
        @arindown

@eitan

I couldn’t reply on your poem thread (I’m not in the Poetry group) so I’m replying here.

Thank you for praying for me. I’m so thankful that you have been striving to be like Christ, even through the hard times you’ve been having.

Actually, you’ve been an inspiration to me. I have grown up in a Christian family (with siblings who are also writers) so there was always someone to talk to when I needed help. Sounds like you don’t have as strong a support system, but it encourages me to see you working hard to grow in your faith.

One of the things that has really kept me on the right path is listening to Christian music. I don’t know if you listen to a lot of music (or even if you like the styles I like), but I would totally recommend Andrew Peterson and Chris Tomlin. I’m also into Christian hip-hop/rap, but I don’t know if other people would like it as much…😄 Songs sometimes inspire my stories.

I really liked your poem.

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Claire
          @claire-h

@eitan

I’m answering your post from the poetry thread here too, cause I’m not a member of the poet group either. 🙂 -I enjoyed reading through your poem, by the way! I can relate to what you’re going through.

I wanted to say thank you so much for praying! Being dedicated in praying for others is definitely a way I can always grow more, and I’ll be keeping you in my prayers as well.

@arindown

Yes, music! I love Andrew Peterson! I also enjoy Fernando Ortega… I love his versions of hymns. Also the band Downhere. They have a more upbeat style but I *love* both their music and lyrics. 😀

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
            it just blooms.

Arindown
            @arindown

@claire-h

😆 I don’t listen to Andrew Peterson too much…he makes me want to cry sometimes.😁 My dad likes Fernando Ortega.

I haven’t heard of Downhere…maybe I’ll have to look them up. What other music do you listen to? I like Mandisa, TobyMac, For King and Country, and a bunch of others…😆 TobyMac is my very favorite.

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

@eitan

I just read your reply to my questions on here…and read your testimony. Wow.

What to say? I’m sorry about your family, and will be praying for them as well. Do you think it likely for people to throw stones?

My dog once almost caught a squirrel. But my sister saved it…to my dog’s sadness…

Here’s an old song I like, (I’m not sure if you’ll like it or anything),
                ‘Who Killed Jesus’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsH1QgEWRk0

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

@eitan

I also get what you said about not knowing the actual day you said, ‘I will follow Jesus.’ A lot of people at a church I go to can point out their ‘second birthday’, but I can’t.

I was baptized when I was eight, on Easter actually. I knew of Jesus then. I knew all the stories from the Bible. And I had no doubt that my parents had told the truth. I wanted to go to heaven. I never questioned.

When I was twelve I started reading books I shouldn’t have been. After the first few chapters I knew I should’ve put them down, but I didn’t. The story!!! I told myself, but in reality, I was drawn to the dark.

As I read them (twelve book series) I had thoughts of suicide, and questions about everything I had been told about myself, and God. I felt so sad all the time, and felt guilty for the depression. I had a great life!! Two parents! A dog! A home, and sister! I had clothes, food, school, and an allowance! What did I have to complain about? Nothing. 

I didn’t cry when my grandfather died, I couldn’t even though I tried. I couldn’t get excited for parties, or time with my friends. But I read,..and I wrote. (Not really my Bible.)

I had so many doubts and questions! But I was scared to ask anyone for fear they wouldn’t know the answer and turn from God. If God was real I didn’t want to be held responsible for someone turning from Him.

I thought about the best way to kill myself without hurting the one who found me very much. But I didn’t go through with it for a few reasons.

3. I knew it would hurt my father, and family soooo much. I couldn’t hurt them that way.

2. My sister. If I murdered myself, then my sister might do the same. It would scar her. I couldn’t do that to her.

1. I was scared that if God was real, that if I went ahead with it I would go to hell.

So, I was stuck. I floated through my existence.

Then, Christmas came. I had no happiness with the sight of presents or my little sister’s smile. My father then turned to me, cocking his head, eyes narrowed. He said words that he and my mother had been saying for months, “Grace, what’s happened to you?”

But, for some reason… It was different that time. I felt like all breath had been sucked out of me. The dark cloud on my mind disappeared. And I sat dumbfounded a minute. It was gone.

I shake my head now in wander. I still don’t understand. But I was healed. I never finished the book series.

Over the next few months it would try to creep back, or I would outright welcome it. But I repented of such. Now, I am truly free.

Don’t ever be afraid to ask questions, for there are answers. We might have to dig a little, but they are there. The Lord is alive! He is active and loves us with an unending love!!! He is awesome in power and glory. He has ransomed my soul from destruction. He has pulled me from the miry clay, and set my feet on the solid rock of Himself. I am His!

Now, when I have questions, I know there is an answer. I just have to look. I start out by reading my Bible. Then I ask my father. Then I pray. Then it goes down a list.

(Sorry, the F in my personality coming out.) My feelings,.. but also from what I know from experience. My feelings are almost always unreliable. I understand that I need to never base anything on them. Marriages based just on feelings crumble. Beliefs, based just on feelings crumble. Feelings come, and go…But the Word of our God stands forever. I rest on what He knows, not on what I feel.

(Sorry again for how long that was.)

I’m still working on edits for my book. (:

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Eitan
                  @eitan

@arindown

I’m so glad God uses me to encourage you!

Hmm, music. I will try the singers you recommend!

I once used to listen to various styles (Communist marches, Scottish ballads, Pirate songs, and a lot of Disney villain songs in every language available), but I stopped because I didn’t want secular music to go too deep into my mind. I ponder about using the melodies of those songs, but to write for them new, Christian lyrics.

@claire-h

I’ll be keeping you in my prayers as well.

Thank you so much!

I really liked your poem.

I enjoyed reading through your poem, by the way! I can relate to what you’re going through.

Thank you two!

@kimlikesart

I just read your reply to my questions on here…and read your testimony. Wow.

Thank you!

What to say? I’m sorry about your family, and will be praying for them as well. Do you think it likely for people to throw stones?

Thank you so much for praying.

Ah, it was just an expression, but the ultra religious really don’t like ”convert Christian missionaries” (those are very bad words when used by religious people. It’s almost calling you a Nazi). I have a good friend which’s the backslide son of the pastor of the Messianic church in my city, and he told me how sometimes they had to wake up early to help their father to collect flyers that were spread by ultra religious and warned from the ”dangerous missionaries”, and contained personal details, like their address. He also said there were lots of demonstrations in front of their house, until their neighbors stopped it.

I once watched a video of one of the leaders of iGod, the only apologetic ministry of the Messianic Jews in Israel, where he told how ultra religious people threw feces to his yard and even damaged the motor of his car.

(This friend gave me a copy of ”To know him” by J.I. Pucker before a few weeks- God definitely has a sense of humor 😉 )

Here’s an old song I like, (I’m not sure if you’ll like it or anything), ‘Who Killed Jesus’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsH1QgEWRk0

The lyrics are beautiful! Sadly, too many Christians need to hear it…

Wow. Your story is amazing. Praise God that opened your heart to accept him!

Sorry, the F in my personality coming out.

I have no F in my personality, and still feelings brought me to some dark places. To rely on feelings is a terrible idea.

(Sorry again for how long that was.)

No worry!

I’m still working on edits for my book. (:

Great! I’ll soon read your pre-prologue. Sorry I didn’t sooner, I was sick (not Corona 😉 )

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Eitan.

@eitan

Hey. Just checking in again! (hope these check-ins aren’t bothersome. It’s just so crazy in the world rn)

How have you been? What have you been up to? How’s your writing going?

Eitan
                    @eitan

Just checking in again! (hope these check-ins aren’t bothersome. It’s just so crazy in the world rn) How have you been? What have you been up to? How’s your writing going?

Hello! I’m doing well, today we officially went on the summer vacation.

The book… I pretty much stopped with it. I’m not sure if it was the right thing to do, but when thinking logically, I’m pretty sure it was, because… Well, nobody will read it. Maybe I should write smaller e-books about specific issues, but… I’m not sure if God wants me to do it.

Thank you for your care! How are you doing?

@eitan

I’m glad you’re doing well.

Aww. Don’t give up on it! It was a great idea!! And I would definitely read it! But if you don’t think God wants you to do that. . . It’s between you and God 😊

I’m doing pretty good. Everything’s crazy over here 😬 you never know what’s going on!!

@eitan

Hey! How have you been lately? What’s been going on? Anything new?

Eitan
                      @eitan

Hi! I’m good! We will probably learn in the physical school, at least – to some extent, which’s great, because we’ll have new teachers and subjects, and it won’t be fun to begin in Zoom 🙂

I’m going to ”highlight” biology and Arabic – my favorite subjects 🙂 What are your favorite subjects at school?

How are you? I kept praying for you and your friend. What has happened since the last time we were talking?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest